Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

[Alpha] RTE for ArmA II

Is it possible to launch A2CO (using steam) from RTE Capture?

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

If so, then how?

hi i've installed the mod but i only have @RTEditor

and when i start it from RTE Capture.exe in the mission after hitting esc the option "real time editor" doesn't appear.

Hi, I wonder if someone would be kind enough to help me?

I have both Arma 2 and OA installed via steam, and am currently using the latest version of Arma2 Launcher to open combined ops. The in game portion of RTE starts and allows me to place objects however it warns me that it cannot connect to RTE capture and that I will be unable to export my work. I have tried every option I can find online to solve this problem but to no avail. I currently have RTE capture pointed toward the arma2.exe in the installation folder, but have also tried pointing it to the OA.exe as well, this also does not solve the problem. Is there a specific setup required to make RTE capture work with CO on Steam? I am unable to start Arma 2 or CO via the RTE capture button either, I press it but it does nothing. Any help would be appreciated as I have previously used RTE and have found it to be an excellent program.

Thanks JOMO89

Have tried launching via the RTE Capture but get an error message saying that there is an access violation in RTECapture.exe. Any suggestions as to the correct settings in RTE Capture?

Thanks

Edit:

Have managed to get RTE to open arrowhead and allow me to export but I still can't get it to start combined operations.

Edited by JOMO89

What I did was copy the launch parameters line from my normal launcher and copy it into the Parameter field in the profile on RTE Capture.

I always get an access violation error message when opening the Profiles option, but it still works for me just fine.

Where is everyone getting a 7zip file version of this? I'm at my wits end trying to get this installed. I run the setup and originally it comes up to be installed in the Program X86 folder. Shortcut is created and says it is now download RTE2. But it doesn't. It just sits there. Nothing is clickable. So, I uninstall it and put it in my Arma2 directory with the rest of the mods and again start it and again, it does nothing. Its says the RTE 2 will be placed in "My Documents" yet no folder is created. Ive changed the path also to "

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe"

Yet again, I get nothing

Other than a regular addon in a mod folder, why in the hell does everything have to be some form crusade to install something? A readme wouldve been nice with the installer and of course if you try to go the the home site, that's apparently shutdown. But the site for Arma I is still up but that doesn't do crap for me. 2 hours spent reading this thread, looking for a 7zip file version, installing, uninstalling, moving & trying another directory still nothing. I mean goddamn. it shouldn't be like this.

Tholozar,

Thank you and my apologies if I came across as a dick.

I do however, still have an issue. The site says put the @RTEditor in My Documents\@RTEditor\Addons, and it says to put 'everything else' wherever one wants. That doesn't make a lot of sense. do all the remaining files go in a mod folder, are they left out and placed somewhere individually?

I preview a mission in the editor and go to the main menu and it shows up fine, however, I click on it and it says not communicating with RTECapture. Yet when I start that up and allow it to set its desired path, it does nothing. I have tried changing the path, still, I get nothing. I've installed it using the installer, same thing as if I did it manually. Where's the disconnect? I'm missing something somewhere. I'm running A2 CO.

Thanks

Yea, those instructions were a little strange for me as well, and I don't like installers, since I don't know exactly where they're going. Here's what I did:

- The folder with the actual RTECapture.exe and the .dll files I placed in my Operation Arrowhead main directory (Steam version). This folder is basically the one that can go anywhere, but I wanted to keep it simple

- The folder with the all the .pbos and .bisigns are placed as a normal mod folder (i.e. @RTE/addons, then the pbos).

Whenever you launch the game from the RTECapture.exe, make sure the @RTE mod folder is in the launch parameters. I always Run as Admin for safety as well.

Therein lies my problem. I have the @RTEditor here "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@RTEditor\Addons"

and than I placed the RTECapture and all of its .dlls here; "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"

But my issue is, I can't launch the game through RTE Capture. It just takes me through the setup process again to where it ends up doing nothing.I also get a "No script found" warning as soon as I go to the main menu.

Put the modfolder in the arrowhead directory if you're launching it as Combined Ops.

Put the modfolder in the arrowhead directory if you're launching it as Combined Ops.

LoL. Did that too. Nothing. it sat right next to the BAF folder and the British units work fine. But RTE, while it does show in the main menu under 'Expansions' as being enabled, it doesn't appear in the editor menu when pausing.

You might want to check out my post (#366) and around that page. If you let RTE install it, it's puts the folder in a different area. I had to uninstall, then reinstall and I choose where @RTEditor installed to (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2). That's what I remember. I've got a new computer and I'm slowly installing mods for ArmA 2 (If I can stay away from Skyrim, Fallout NV, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Medal of Honor Warfighter). :p

You might want to check out my post (#366) and around that page. If you let RTE install it, it's puts the folder in a different area. I had to uninstall, then reinstall and I choose where @RTEditor installed to (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2). That's what I remember. I've got a new computer and I'm slowly installing mods for ArmA 2 (If I can stay away from Skyrim, Fallout NV, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Medal of Honor Warfighter). :p

Thanks man, but no go. I actually asked where i could find the PBO version so I could try and do it myself, which I did. The problem has to be with the shortcut for RTECapture b/c everytime I click on it it goes through the whole setup process again, asking for the paths and than your name and email and than it gets to the screen where it says it will begin downloading the latest version of RTE which I don't need cuz its already installed. Regardless, nothing happens anyway. The screen is dulled out and the only button you can click on is "Cancel" and when you do that it says, RTE Capture not initialized but will do so on next activation. Of course when you do that the cycle I just gave you begins again.

Thanks man, but no go. I actually asked where i could find the PBO version so I could try and do it myself, which I did. The problem has to be with the shortcut for RTECapture b/c everytime I click on it it goes through the whole setup process again, asking for the paths and than your name and email and than it gets to the screen where it says it will begin downloading the latest version of RTE which I don't need cuz its already installed. Regardless, nothing happens anyway. The screen is dulled out and the only button you can click on is "Cancel" and when you do that it says, RTE Capture not initialized but will do so on next activation. Of course when you do that the cycle I just gave you begins again.

I'm having this same exact problem. I can't get rtecapture.exe to go through the update process and display the main screen with all the options. It just hangs at the update screen. So I can place units but I can't export the mission.

Also, I can get RTE running single player and I can see options to start a new editor in the multiplayer mission list but I can't get RTE to start in multiplayer. When I start the editor from the multiplayer mission list screen ("Create Game" screen), preview it then hit ESC I do not get the same black RTE menu that I do when I use the editor in singleplayer mode. Does anybody know how to remedy this?

I'm having this same exact problem. I can't get rtecapture.exe to go through the update process and display the main screen with all the options. It just hangs at the update screen. So I can place units but I can't export the mission.

Also, I can get RTE running single player and I can see options to start a new editor in the multiplayer mission list but I can't get RTE to start in multiplayer. When I start the editor from the multiplayer mission list screen ("Create Game" screen), preview it then hit ESC I do not get the same black RTE menu that I do when I use the editor in singleplayer mode. Does anybody know how to remedy this?

Hi, i've the same problem , wireshark shows that rtecapture try to access to a http://rte.jonasscholz.de/webservice/service.php?class=Updater server page , unfortunately it fail , so wait and see ....

best regards

hi

i0n0s solved the network problem it shall be ok with rte, he also indicates me that if i use the new jayarma2lib i shall do the following modifications

RTE does a check if JayArmA2Lib is installed correctly and not only
if the addons are installed correctly. The way implemented is stupid
and tests internal functions of JayArmA2Lib. You need to edit
libs/ION_Lib.sqf to fix it. Simple set _jayarma2lib to true and to
prevent RTE Capture to overwrite your changes: Set the update
interval to 0.

best regards

Edited by Raven_3rd

Nice tool but found 2 major issues.

If you move an object that hits your player while in the editor you die, this causes the re-spawn to fail and you lose everything you've done.

When you "Export" you never clear the previous list, so after several "Exports" (using it as a Save as i have not found another way) you end up with many duplicate objects as it keeps appending all objects onto the previous tree.

After doing New > Export > New > Export it eventually throws errors: "InjectionLibrary: couldnt write the hole data 0/1 | invalid access to memory location".

Edited by vekien

This might of been asked somewhere on this 40 page long thread, but not having time to read it all Ill say it anyway.

Might of been false positive but my AV software screams when trying to install this. Trojan horse. Downloaded from Armaholic.

Please someone check it. I do hope its false alarm. Vipre AV Premium btw.

Edit: Sent it to VirusTotal and got info that it has been scanned already by someone.

Symantec Reputation

Suspicious.Insight

First seen by VirusTotal

2011-08-31 11:08:43 UTC ( 1 year, 4 months ago )

Last seen by VirusTotal

2012-12-25 11:55:25 UTC ( 1 week, 2 days ago )

File names (max. 25)

Setup.1.60.exe

RTE_Setup.1.60.exe

file-4936579_exe

A bit of suspicious, but I dont think it has anything malicious.

Addon version pl0x.

Edited by _MaSSive

im trying to run this with the modpack from my unit. I have to start my game through sixupdater. I put the RTE addon files in the AddOns folder, so they launch. I installed RTE.exe. But now when I try to acces the editor it says not connected. I dont want to be forced to launch through that program!!

try launching the game through a shortcut with a modline or use a different mod launcher. I can recommend Alpine Stars launcher from Armaholic.

I doubt if RTE will then see my arma 2 as active. RTE keeps saying that the game is inactive, what makes it unable to connect > unable to export.