Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

[Alpha] RTE for ArmA II

I can't seem to get this working with combined operations on steam, am I missing something?

Hi i hve arma 2 OA and BAF on steam and i use six updater and i CAN get the RTE to work on OA but when i try to save my maps i cant. i cant because RTE Capture cant detect an exe for OA so can anyone explane what i need to do or point me in the right direction [please thank you.

When I run this I get an error whenever I try place a marker in the normal editor. Am I doing something wrong? All I did was run @RTE as a mod (along with the rest of the mods I use including @CBA). If you need RPT or whatever let me know.

Hi

When I install the RTE capture fromhere. After I finished the install, no matter I chosse the online installer or offline installer, it just pop out an error " runtime error 217 at 004BA001". I am not sure does this error has been posted or not. Is there any specific folder for instaling the RTE capture? I really don't know how to deal with it.

Found a solution. I use KR Windows7 64bit and had a same problem. Change your system locale to 'English(US)' and install. It works fine now. :cool:

Hi guyz. I'm a bit stuck with RTE and I think I'm doing smt wrong. I have a few questions. I'm new to RTE, so I may appear noob.

1. Do you follow this manual - http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/RTE_Capture_and_Operation_Arrowhead_Clients

1. If yes, then please, explain how renamed beta.exe can affect my gameplay if my squad plays stable versions.
    2. The renamed exe allows storing projects, right? If I don't use beta and do not rename it projects won't be available?
    3. Will RTE work properly if I don't use Six Battle Center?

[*]Does anyone have issues with GUI alignment mismatch on widescreen? When clickable areas seem to move down a bit.

[*]Can RTE be used in multiplayer on the fly with connected users?

[*]What is the most stable version of RTE and where do you get it? (or it's ok to download latest from i0n0s website or from Six Updater)

Thank you all in advance for your replies!

Do you follow this manual - http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/RTE_C...owhead_Clients

If yes, then please, explain how renamed beta.exe can affect my gameplay if my squad plays stable versions.

The renamed exe allows storing projects, right? If I don't use beta and do not rename it projects won't be available?

Will RTE work properly if I don't use Six Battle Center?

you have no need to rename the files if you use the "jarma2lib" (if the currend beta is supportet here)

at that way you can use Projects with no problems

Does anyone have issues with GUI alignment mismatch on widescreen? When clickable areas seem to move down a bit.

i have this error too

Can RTE be used in multiplayer on the fly with connected users?

yes it can..

MCC Sandbox

this mission have it implementet... if you want to use it at your own mission look how its implemented

What is the most stable version of RTE and where do you get it? (or it's ok to download latest from i0n0s website or from Six Updater)

i use the version 1.60(currend)

Does anyone have problems exporting people and objects out? And is there a work around? A lot of times I will be creating a mission, setting up defenses and what not, then once I go to export it out, it only gives me say..a quarter of the work I've done. If I try to individually select things to export it works, but if there is a lot it just completely crashes on me.

Same for me. I can't successfully export anything more than 7-10 objects. There are also other unstabilities which cause me waste time placing units and then realize RTE lost connections to RTE Capture...

My anti-virus protection goes nuts whenever I try to download this file. Any work-arounds?

I've tried disabling it and then installing but once my antivirus comes back online it removes it instantly.

• Try adding the path to RTE to Antivirus exclusions.
  • Try lowering down euristic analysis in your antivirus. It seems to find a roughly similar code to some virus signature and deletes it "just in case it's potentially dangerous", which is a guess and is not true.
  • If this not helps - switch to NOD Smart Security. Had no problems with it and RTE. Pretty good solution for Firewall and Antivirus.

will there be an update soon with the new way things are run in 1.60? and the new way jayarmalib has done their injections?

Hi, got a problem with RTE Version 1.60 and the new Arma2OA 1.60.87.580. The export won´t work anymore but RTE still opens.

RPT file reports some error:

Warning Message: Script ION.0.CLOSE|ION_RTE.ION not found

Error in expression <ind _display; if (_id == -1) exitWith { throw "Display is not registered"; }; _d>

******Error position: <throw "Display is not registered"; }; _d>

******Error

File ION_RTE\libs\DSM.sqf, line 782

Error in expression <ind _display; if (_id == -1) exitWith { throw "Display is not registered"; }; _d>

******Error

File ION_RTE\libs\DSM.sqf, line 782

And in the game i get the following message:

No connections to RTE Capture. Export won´t work, to solve this start RTE Capture and load the Mission again.

With Arma2OA 1.59 everything runs fine.

Do you have also JayLib installed and working?

You need to run the latest beta patch for the new JayLib version.

yep. it still doesnt work? and with 1.59 an 1.59.x beta patch it still works?

Yeah, still doesn´t work. The first time it won´t work anymore was when steam updated to 1.60.87.580 version from 1.59. And for my clanserver i need the newest beta 1.60.0.88027. And the jayarma2lib to jayarma2lib_new update the last week did the rest :eek:

Here is my RPT-File:

http://www.filesonic.com/file/vfQbIo3

Server RPT File:

http://www.filesonic.com/file/peX1rLm

And i have a soundproblem on our clanserver. Some people don´t hear the singlefire of other players, but when they switch to automatic they can hear the weapon sound. Tried JSRS and the ACEX_SM, same problem.

Edited by Outlaw109