Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

[Alpha] RTE for ArmA II

i found that naming objects like IEDs or waypoints often duplicates them.

Also one more thing about the waypoint issue.

When waypoints get put in the sqf they all say "error"

I was trying to find out why units didn't change speed or behaviour in the mission after adding them wiht RTE and then merging them with mission.

I looked at the mission sqf and every waypoint said error where the "type" should go (move, seek and destroy, hold, etc..

And i have tried several times now with the auto installer and I can't find RTE or ION files anywhere on my computer at all. So I did the offline version. Still can't find where they were even downloaded to.

Hi all,

I wonder what's wrong with my RTE settle...(Last version 1.59, I've Windows7 premium 64bits, and ArmaII+OA+PMC updated, and a lot of addons)

RTE Capture is unable to connect to the game, I can open RTE into my mission and add objects, but I can't save my changes and export my objects, because the RTE status is "unactive", and all that I've done into the game is lost...How to connect it?

I've picked some screens of my situation;

I've two profiles edited into RTE; One use the default "ArmaOA.exe" to launch the game, and it is not able to start! There is error message, like this:

sanstitrepng2.png

with this profile;

sanstitrepngoa.png

I've read somewhere that this error comes from incompatible version of @CBA.

I have ArmaII + OperationArrowhead installed on my computer, I've just downloaded @CBA, I think I've got the appropriate version...??

Otherwise what's wrong with @CBA?

I can't open the game with this profile; so I've created another profile, like this;(using the ArmaII Launcher 3.1.0 like default launcher)

sanstitrepnglcher.png

sanstitrepng3.png

And this other profile can launch the game, which is starting with the "ArmaII Launcher", and into the game I'm able to open RTE, adding objects, using all features from RTE, but not saving, because the RTE capture status stay "inactive", like this;(in french, "RTE non lancé" means "RTE switched off"

sanstitrepngtest.png

Please could you bring me some help, cause RTE is an indispensable tool for a mission maker! All the solutions I've read until today on many forums didn't work...

Thanks.

@Patriot, change to Arma2OA.exe name to ArmA2.exe. Drag and drop CBA at the addons list to be the first one in there.

@Patriot, change to Arma2OA.exe name to ArmA2.exe. Drag and drop CBA at the addons list to be the first one in there.

Well, thanks for your answering.

I try to do what you advice, and it seems to work to start correctly the game, the error message has disappeared now;

But unfortunatly, when I push the button "Activate the follow-up", the status is always locked on "unactive"...And a lot of my addons aren't recognized, now. :(

If you have an idea, the first one has already fixed the launching problem...:D

Hi,

Problems 2.0...

I've downloaded RTE v.1.59, and I can't use it. The status is always "unactive" when I push the button "Activate the following-up", I can run RTE into the game, I can place objects, but not saving, because RTE capture is not able to be connected to the game...I tried a lot of things, read a lot of advices on many forums, and there is two days ago I can't make this tool working.

I've ArmaII (CD version) and OA (downloaded with Sprocket, that I've added to my ArmaII), and a lot of free addons installed. I run Windows7 premium family 64bits.

i've picked a few screens to make you see the problem, and also my profile;

profiley.png

What's eventually wrong with that profile? I've just select the few main addons, and I've change the "Armaoa.exe" in "Arma2.exe", otherwise I had an error message.

I click on the "Activate the following-up" button, then I start the game.

activer.png

Ingame, everything's allright, I can play the RTE, editing my mission, place objects...

rteing.png

...but not saving, because the RTE capture is not connected, the status is already "unactive". I don't know what to do...

finaljf.png

Oh no! My patience is down! :D

Edited by Patriot 911

Flag the Use RTE capture DLL if you are using the capture or use jayarmalib without it.

profiley.png

i got the same problem like your last one patriot. im ablo to start it with oa, placing objecta and so on but no matter when i press the capture button it doesnt record.

...capture dll is checken on mine

Well actually I can't make it work either. Not with RTE capture nor Jayarmalib.

:confused:

I tried sometimes to check "use RTE capture dll", but it didn't work too...

...And another problem (one more), a lot of my few ~40 addons, nevertheless all checked in profile, are not recognized ingame, its just recognize the tenth first by alphabetical order, not the others...

EDIT; I fix the problem, its cames from a wrong @Jayarma2lib installation...

Edited by Patriot 911

Im getting a bit of an issue here, Im not using the latest version, As i started using RTE about an hour before it was released and im still pissing around on it.

But when i reload a mission after exporting to sqm, Theres at least 3 of everything that i put down.

Im in OA:CO using the arma2.exe namechange

@victim913:

I'll take a closer look to the waypoints.

@built4speed:

Obvious a null pointer. The question is when did it happen and what did you do. And is it reproducable. Otherwise I can't tell you nothing.

About issues with exporting:

As Patriot 911 stated: It's mostly due to an incorrect installation of JayArmA2Lib. Please request in its thread that it adds a sign to the A2 version number if installed and active so that people can easily check if it is working.

But please continue using JayArmA2Lib. The way with "Use RTE Capture DLL" works too, but JayArmA2Lib is better.

One general note:

Once JayArmA2Lib is working correctly, RTE will take a little longer to open and will connect to RTE Capture directly. So you just need to launch RTE Capture, ignore it and keep it in the background, start A2 your favorite way, open the RTE, and it should work fine.

@CannonousCrash:

Can you check the data saved in RTE Capture if the objects are there once. It may be that you exported it multiple times. RTE Capture doesn't check for duplicated objects, so when you export the same unit twice, it will save both units.

Patriot; 3 things, you do not need to change the name of your exe. The problem everyone is having is that there are too many things that need to be working correctly in order for RTE to work right. It used to be easy, but with jayarma, it's complicated things a little.

2nd thing, is try changing @RTEditor, to @RTE, I was looking at some config file and it had @RTE as the mod it was looking for. It may be from an older version or setup started up with the game or in appdata, i can't remember, but try that. Especially since most of the instructions refer to it as @RTE, it will be easy to accidentally name it @RTE by mistake somewhere, so just easy to change it to @RTE. Also don't activate.

3rd, as far as your addons, you need to manage them from Capture not inside the expansion part of the game. By starting the game from Capture, the game will only see the @addons that you have selected to use. And if you mean that you do not see the names of the addons on the opening screen, that is just because they didn't give enough space on the screen for the million addons we use. But if they were selected with Capture, they will run, and you should still see them in the expansion part of the game, just not the ones you are not using.

Trying to configure the new version of RTE to work the old way is more difficult than just doing it the right way. Jayarma2lib sabotages the Capture dll. If you have @jayarma2lib running as an addon, it will automatically confuse RTECapture.

Notice that when you check the box that says "use rtecapture dll", that next to it is "nojayarma2lib" box also. You have to check them both in order to use capture dll. BUT, i found that if you have jayarma2lib running when you start the game, click back on profile and you will see the "nojayarma" box is no longer checked.

So if you want to use it the old way, you can't have jayarma addon running. (At least everything i have tried points to that happening) So Capture somehow, or just sometimes, gets confused because you have 2 dll connecting to capture.

The people changing the name of the exe just go to the bottom of this message and read the difference

This is what to do:

Open Capture, edit Profile to make sure CBA is first and Jayarm is next (this doesn't include PMC,Expansions, etc. those should all be first)

Then @RTE should come after jayarm

The order is very important. AND you need to start the game from Capture.

Now what happens next is usually why people don't get it running right. All of your addons do not come on when the game comes on. You can't go forward until they all load. Well you can but it won't work right. As I said before, I have an addon that doesn't work right with RTE so i get an error. Nothing will work until that error pops up on my screen, telling me that RTE is working. So WAIT a whole minute or longer to be sure.

The second part is that it does the same thing when I enter preview mode. I start the game and wait about a minute then I open RTE. you can have it in pause (esc) mode or in game either way it will take a minute for all addons to register in the game. Same way as using the town generator if you have alot of addons. The town may not generate for a minute.

I don't know about you guys, but with the old arma2 there was a blur when pausing the game, and when RTE was loaded the blur didn't always come on right after pausing, causing RTE to blur if you started it before the pause blur. That was for the same reason. I turn off my post process effects and with OA there never is a blur. But that blur was how long I needed to wait or RTE would not work. Having alot of addons takes alot of time to load.

So bottom line wait a minute for addons to load into the game, then wait a minute for all addons to load after previewing the mission before going into the RTE.

Then for all you who MUST push that Activate monitoring button, once you select RTE from the pause menu, you can alt-tab, out to the desktop and you can look at the Capture and it will say "connected" in red letters. I think this whole thread is about the paranoia that the RTE/capture is not working because it doesn't activate when the game turns on like it used to. So we all get scared and think it's not working and start changing everything. Nothing happens until you open RTE in the preview during the mission.

THE DIFFERENCE

OLD WAY

The difference is that changing the name will allow you to push that activate button, but you have to delet @jayarma from the game making sure it's not running. And you have a PROBLEM.

If you accidentally or purposely disconnect from RTE by pushin Escape, sending you back into the preview, The only way to activate monitoring is to restart the mission preview by going back into the 2d editor. The new way, all you have to do is push pause and RTE again. That way you don't lose anything by accident.

NEW WAY

But the new way, you don't have to activate, once you select RTE it connects. When you escape from RTE it disconnects. And without exiting the preview, you can connect again just by selecting RTE again. And everything you placed will still be there.

Hi

When I install the RTE capture fromhere. After I finished the install, no matter I chosse the online installer or offline installer, it just pop out an error " runtime error 217 at 004BA001". I am not sure does this error has been posted or not. Is there any specific folder for instaling the RTE capture? I really don't know how to deal with it.

Ive just updated, When installing, do i keep the original @RTE addon? because if so, then.. Crap

EDIT: NVM <bangs head on desk>

@CannonousCrash:

Can you check the data saved in RTE Capture if the objects are there once. It may be that you exported it multiple times. RTE Capture doesn't check for duplicated objects, so when you export the same unit twice, it will save both units.

Ive installed the new update and played around again adding objects. I checked in the 'tree' and it only had what id put down in there, It didnt replicate each object various times, but when merging to a clean sqm and then reloading to get the objects on the 2d editor, some of them had replicated again. It seems that they replicate when not on the ground, Yesterday i placed on Kord gun about 3 stories up on a tower bunker which was on top of a large bunker, and it replicated the kord about 5 times. I had another kord on the ground that hadnt replicated its self.

Cheers.

Jack

Edited by CannonousCrash
retardation the first time, More info the 2nd time

Hi

When I install the RTE capture fromhere. After I finished the install, no matter I chosse the online installer or offline installer, it just pop out an error " runtime error 217 at 004BA001". I am not sure does this error has been posted or not. Is there any specific folder for instaling the RTE capture? I really don't know how to deal with it.

Me too. I've uninstalled it and even reinstalled it. I've watched the videos. I've gone to the manual. Now I don't mind professing a some what lack of iteeligince, but still, I cannot get it to work.

Got any HOW-TO-RUN-IT FOR DUMMIES (THAT WOULD BE ME)?

For installation and use on OA/CO

1. Download latest RTE capture.exe

2. install RTE to default directory (default means the one that it says automatically)

3. run rte capture on desktop.

4. Select folder where you want @RTEditor installed to.

5. click next a few times.

This is where i had trouble, @RTEditor did not install for me after this point.

So i had to download the 7zip file and manually place the @RTEditor folder in my arma2 folder. I do not use UAC so this is fine for me here.

Add @RTEditor to modline

Change arma2.exe to arma22.exe

Change arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe

Run shortcut with @RTEditor; in and make sure the other mods you use are in the target line as well.

Run RTE capture.

Load Editor> select map>put player unit down> preview

Once on the ground press ESC and click Run RTECapture menu (should be under exit, if its not then you've not installed it right) a few seconds later you'll be in the 3d editor and begin pulling your teeth out with your hair almost immediately!

Ionos, I love this program, but its damn fiddly!

Thanks! working now. i had a script error first, but the i copied the dll file from JayArma2Lib over and it worked. the only thing which is not working for me is starting with the beta without CD. allways it says insert the disc, also if i use the beta and expansion/beta addons.

i get a msg saying the same thing "script error"

pls where you copied the dll from jaylib over? :confused:

Add @RTEditor to modline

Change arma2.exe to arma22.exe

Change arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe

Thanks heaps for the tips CannonousCrash,as you said the installer doesnt quite complete the job. I was totaly lost till I saw your post. But I don't quite get the bit quoted, I kind of ignored it, and at a glance RTE still seems to be working fine, even from the MCC sandbox console.

Edited by Pathetic_Berserker

I'm building some additionals walls in Torabora map, and I often use the key "CTRL" to adjust height with RTE editor.

I can realise very realistic walls, but when I save my work then after restarting the mission, the wall I've created is badly built, like this;

When I build the wall under RTE Editor;

avantr.png

When I restart the mission;

aprst.png

So what's going on? :(

Edited by Patriot 911

Patriot, That is a major pain in the ass, Ive have encountered it many times. The only way around it, is when you 'put something down' make sure the point at which you double click (to bring up unit selector) is as flat as possible.

Otherwise the 'wall' will put its seat flat on the terrain where you clicked. I hope this helps