Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

[Alpha] RTE for ArmA II

What did I do wrong? Also, for the last picture, the game loads, but after loading, it crashed to desktop with that error in the last picture. And it loads because I renamed Arma2OA.exe to Arma2.exe like the guy said on the previous page.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/rte.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/rte2.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/rte3.png

http://filesmelt.com/dl/rte4.png

Please help me!

Ok, what I'm currently doing:

The next version of RTE Capture will support to have the modfolder in my documents\ArmA 2\@RTEditor. This will have a main advantage: You can simple update within RTE Capture again and don't need it to run as admin.

The problem is caused by UAC, and moving the addon folder will bypass it.

@CannonousCrash:

You need to adjust the ingame gui size in the A2 options.

@Zalsak:

There is a bug in the current RTE Capture DLL or better within the RTE. In my current _debug_configuration_ it will work again. But better switch over to JayArmA2Lib.

@ray243:

This is a steam bug:

It doesn't allow that much parameter if I remember correctly. Try it again with less mods. Try the minimal setup: @CBA, @JayArmA2Lib, @RTE.

And one thing: You only need to load CBA one time, it seems to be loading twice.

And another:

Within settings: The ArmA II installation folder seems to be wrong. It should be:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

And you will need to run RTE Capture as administrator once to download RTE due to UAC. Will be fixed with next update of RTE Capture.

@victim913:

The menu is due a bug within A2 which is present since 1.0. When having a large dialogue some commands will disappear. So the commands for moving the menu to the right place are gone. This happens randomly. A work around was not to use uiNamespace, but with the last patchs this is gone too...

About the backpacks:

The new backpacks with OA aren't supported yet. They are something I won't to support.

About ACE backpacks: There is an implementation for the old ArmA ACE and those backpacks. So I don't know if it will work with ACE 2. But ACE has a low priority for me.

About the saved loadouts:

They go into the databank like the saves within RTE.

About your export problem:

I need to look at it. Haven't exported for a while. Have you tried to reopen RTE Capture and the RTE and export again?

And if I read correctly: It's an ACE problem? So it only occurs with ACE units?

I'll take a look.

And it is propably a RTE issue instead of a JayArmA2Lib issue.

Yes thank you for the replies.

With the Export issue, everyone blames everyone else. Ace as always won't even answer.

Jayarma says it' RTE. but the last time i exported and it crashed, when i exited rte i got the message saying the pipe was not connected. SO there definitely is a problem with jayarma right? Cause you and them said if there is a pipe not open problem then jayarma wasn't working.

It only happens when it exports data from a unit where i changed the weapon. In fact i tried it with a medic, I tried figuring out if it was the ace items because the medic always crashed. I tried adding 1 morphine, then 1 epinephrine, etc... one at a time. I would add one, export, then take it away, then add the other item then export, and I tried doing it for all those items including earplugs and it worked fine.

The problem then I placed of each item and added smoke grenades, then it crashed. So I don't know if it is too much data to export or if it's too many ACE items. It only happens when ACE is in the weapons.

I had the debug log open in Capture, every time i export it says "start export" then "end of export" but when it crashes it says this:

"Start of export

Found start of export, but already started.

End of export"

But when i tried messing with the medic I got a new message:

fXML_Data.MainNode not set. Missing start.

Parsing fXML_Data.Group aborted

And the screenshot from when I exited the RTE was this:

pipenotfound.jpg

So doesn't that mean that jayarma is getting disconnected somehow? Or that Capture and jayarma and rte are not communicating right?

One other thing I noticed, when i find it I will add it here.

How do I add in objects, and adjust the height? Also, it worked, but why doesn't it work with all my mods?

To add in objects? The same way you add units. First select "empty" instead of blufor or opfor. Then scroll down to where it says objects. Depending on how many mods you have, you may have more than 1.

If you mean adding new objects from mods or whereever, as long as you have them added in @mod folder, they will automatically show up in the editor.

And to change the height of whatever you select, you just use the ctrl key and mouse.

You can also look/change all of the settings or see the controls by pushing F-10, then a menu pops up with all the controls. It's good if you want to change how fast or slow things move etc. Seeing which keys to push if you want vector up.

@victim913:

Tried to export when using ACE, used an infantry with added ACE medical stuff.

Copied him, then exported them all and it worked.

So I can't reproduce it :(

i0n0s,

Pac from the Invasion 44 mod suggested I try your RTE. I'm having trouble getting it started, and he said you might know what I have missed.

I down loaded the file called (Setup.1.5.exe) and installed the RTE. It asked to be installed in Program files and I said ok. It linked to both my Arma1 and Arma2 games. I got two short cuts on the desktop, RTE Capture and Run Arma(2). When I hit the Run Arma(2) short cut it installed the RTE to the games. I then hit the RTE Capture shortcut and there was a Launch Arma(2) button, and it started the game. I watched 2 You Tube tutorials and followed the instructions. I saw in the online manual it said that the RTE can only be run in the Single player mission. I started an SP mission to edit, drop a guy on the map and hit Preview. Once in the mission I hit escape got the pull down menu and...no RTE edit button was there. Both tutorials show the button at the bottom of the menu. I'm not getting one.

The manual said " @RTEditor:

RealTimeEditor, copy the folder into your ArmA directory and include it into your '-mod'-list."

Does this mean I should not have installed the RTE in Program files? But in the Arma directory instead? And I don't understand what, "and include it into your '-mod'-list." I've not seen a mod folder in the game directory before.

Also I'm not finding a folder saying,"@RTEditor" in the RTE folder that was installed. Did I not download the right file?

Do I need to add something to the shortcut?

Do you have an idea where I went wrong? The RTE looks prefect for what I'm trying to do, and will save me many hours.

The RTE looks like what I've been needing for mission editing. Hope you can help.

Bruce

im having the same issue Stein does.

ive installed rtecapture, set the arma path and hit 'run update' (that should create the addon folder i presume), but it says 'no update available', therefore i am not able to create @RTEditor

i am using the steam version (both arma2 and arma2 oa - tried to set arma2 path in gui to both directories - without success)

yes, i run it as administrator

am i missing anything?

thanks

*censored* :mad:

I remember a bug I fixed... This bug caused the updater to not recognise if a new version is out. Thought that it won't be a problem since the next version of RTE will come with a new version of RTE Capture with fix.

But when installing, the installation of RTE is an update too...

I'll push the RTE Capture update as soon as possible.

When installing RTE the first time, please use the offline installer or the 7zip archive until a newer version as 1.55 is released!

http://rte.jonasscholz.de/blog/2009/06/19/download

Is it true you can't load a existing 2d mission and edit in RTE? Do you have to import to the RTE?

using the offline installer does work indeed. as soon as you release the new version, the RTECapture recognizes/updates the files correctly?

thanks a lot for this undoubtedly huge amount of work. its a great multiplayer test/sandbox editor.

It says RTE capture not started when I try to save/export all to templates! Help!

Released RTE Capture 1.59:

Updater for ION_RTE.pbo and ION_RTE_Dta.pbo works again.

When merging into SQM, only one setPos will get added to the units init line.

Added support for my documents\ArmA 2 as mod folder.
Please use it as new default folder for the @RTE folder to prevent problems with UAC.

Please read this blog entry and follow the change!

Please note that the auto updater will update RTE Capture, it only failed to update ION_RTE.pbo and ION_RTE_Dta.pbo.

Oh, and be aware of bugs!

Existing 2d mission can be added into RTE, but only units and vehicles, no buildings.

To save work within the RTE, use the "project administration".

Export as template works for me. Does it also warns when opening the RTE?

I don't get this new set-up. I used the installer but no @RTE folder is anywhere to be found. Does the installer only install RTE capture and not the @RTE folder? If it installs both, where does the @RTE folder install to?

Next, we place the @RTE folder in the same folder where user made Editor missions go and that's it?

Sorry, I'm a bit stumped here.

Thanks a lot for the update! :)

Have you run RTE Capture after the installation?

If not, please do it. A wizard will install and create the @RTE folder.

And it's not the folder where editor made missions go since this is placed in "ArmA 2 Other Profiles", but it is the "ArmA 2" folder beneath.

Have you run RTE Capture after the installation?

If not, please do it. A wizard will install and create the @RTE folder.

And it's not the folder where editor made missions go since this is placed in "ArmA 2 Other Profiles", but it is the "ArmA 2" folder beneath.

Thank you for the reply i0n0s! I just noticed that right before your post. I got it installed. Sorry about that question, I failed to check the ReadMe.

is there gonna be support for Arma2 OA / CO soon?

Isn't it? I thought it was.

Is this the case i0n0s? Is there no OA/CO support for RTE at this time?

Hey mate - absolutely love what you created there!

Issue:

I go into RTE, I place some groups, I put down their WPs, I press play, stop, rewind -> the waypoints are not connected to the groups anymore. How to fix that?

I mean - its a pretty common thing to "rewind" stuff, but its sadly not working correctly, the waypoints should stay assigned to the groups.

Again - thank you so much for this, this makes mission making so much easier!

Especially when you can put the stuff to 2D editor etc etc!

I noticed that thing with the waypoints since the last update. Once it went to using jayarma2lib, waypoints disconnect after rewind. At least thats when I noticed it doiing that.

And i will check further but I can't find any @RTE anywhere, nowhere in any of my documents nor my program files. I started capture and it updated but I can't find it.

In fact nothing has changed with MYDocuments from whatever BI was supposed to have done either. Everything still runs out of program files. I turned off my Administration UAC or whatever it's called. My Arma 2 folder only has what I put there. Just notepad stuff with codes etc.

Oh and there are 2 Arma cfg files that I assume the game put there but no folders.

Last thing, might it have to do with the fact that I do not have a 'MY Documents', I only have a Documents. folder in Vista

Edited by victim913