Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

[Alpha] RTE for ArmA II

That's the build in hidden 3d editor, not my addon.

Hmm, then how do I make yours work??

And maybe you can help me with this?

I know this is a little unrelated, but I think its not worth a thread. How can I use the current mission(the one I had error with) in the 3d real time editor? There's a small little thing I want to place in a building.

If you got triggers in your mission allready and modules and stuff it could cause problems. just place your stuff, save the mission as sqm file and merge it with your completed mission.

this looks amazing, this will making mission making so much easier and faster.

one question: is there a feature implemented where you can make waypoints by taking control of the unit yourself to draw it out and then the ai mimics your movement?

that would really help when your trying to make a unit patrol a building, as sometimes adding waypoints to buildings gets wierd and the unit sometimes bugs out. and scripting it takes alot of time (especially with buildings that have alot of positions)

hmm im having problems trying to get it to run....

using steam CO (the cmd script that dwarden made) to launch both standalones.

however when trying to link it up with RTE capture it doesnt work, does it have to be an exe in order to launch it?

i know this can be done cuz ive seen people have the editor work for OA/CO

just wondering how its done tho myself

Ok I see now. You have to seperate standalones that haven't been combined. (combined = merged into a single <armaroot>)

That would complicate things a wee bit as RTE does hook to the arma2.exe specifically.

PM on the way.

Guys I have been trying to get RTE to work for a long time but its not working

I've tried everything.

I am running Arma 2 Combined Operations, I set the profile up so the executable points to arma2oa. I use the -mod command line and get CBA,RTE,JayArma2lib to run.

SO when I turn arma2oa on, I see that the RTE capture doesnt even recognize that the game has been launched.

So i clicked the rtecapture.dll and that seems to be the only thing that gets the RTE capture to know my game is launched.

BUt after that the status keeps reading inactive.

I dont know what to do guys.

I would love for this to work.

Thx

Would you please simple follow this post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1799060&postcount=171 and report if this way is not working and at which point you are stuck?

yes indeed I tried this, I installed jayarma2lib, I copied the exact settings in the picture, I dont have the beta patch, then I launch the game from RTE capture, however once i am in game the button still says launch and does not realize that the game has been started already.

Q: Do I need to do something else within RTE Capture?

A: No, nothing need to be done.

Q: RTE Capture doesn't detect Operation Arrowhead.

A: The current version only looks for arma.exe and arma2.exe, not for arma2oa.exe. So it can't detect Operation Arrowhead. But you don't need to inject when using JayArmA2Lib.

See above

yes indeed I tried this, I installed jayarma2lib, I copied the exact settings in the picture, I dont have the beta patch, then I launch the game from RTE capture, however once i am in game the button still says launch and does not realize that the game has been started already.

Are you checking RTE's status once you have activated the RTE from within the editor preview? If you get the msg "RTE not connected" then I understand. From my little knowledge, the RTE application wont call out a connection just by starting the game.

cheers

See above

Okay, so I understand that where it says executable that it should be blank. However when I did that I get an error saying "Could not convert variant of type (null) into type (string).

Yes Im checking the status once the RTE editor has been turned on, but thats only if I check on use rte capture dll. It wont work without pointing it to an exe and without clicking on use rte capture dll

Here is a picture of my profile settings.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1260/greenshot20101206230810.png

Edited by harkkam08

The empty executable in the picture when using the beta is a failure of my screen capture program. It's not empty. But I haven't changed it since there ain't a reason to use a beta currently.

Your profile should work.

Have you tried to start OA with those parameters outside the RTE Capture and then tried to use RTE will RTE Capture is running in the back?

@hark

Sounds like the same problem I was having, Make sure the Jayarma2lib dll is in the correct folder. Once I fixed that everything worked just like i0n0s said it would.

Nomadd

Just wanted to say im really enjoying this mod,

Ive just one small snag, with the interface size in the video options menu set to very small the text on the RTE is unreadable at 1920x1080.

Is there an easy way to bump up the text size?

@hark

Sounds like the same problem I was having, Make sure the Jayarma2lib dll is in the correct folder. Once I fixed that everything worked just like i0n0s said it would.

Nomadd

Sorry for asking a stupid question but the jayarma2lib.dll should be in the @jayamra2lib mod folder right?

Im not sure where the correct location for that dll is.

Thank you guys

oh btw I tried the profile and I pointed it to arma2oa, it launches however the button on RTE capture still reads launch. I tried by turning it on and turning RTE editor on for a few minutes but no avail.

I also tried turning on arma2oa not going through RTE capture with @CBA, @jayarma2lib and @rte

but the rte capture still reads launch.

:(

Edited by harkkam08

I still dont get the RTE to install the RTE Capture does and I can run my settings the same as the pictures I see however it doesnt see the @RTE Folder which is in the right directory but there's nothing in it.

Run RTE Capture once as admin and do an update.

OA is installed in the program folder and you're using Vista or Seven?

Then the above is the way. Next version will allow to place the addon folder to "my folder\ArmA 2" which won't require admin rights for updates.

Edit:

About UI size:

Set the UI size within OA to big.

About rte capture still reads launch:

Do you read my posts? This is normal...

Edited by i0n0s

The update feature reads no update available and I am running windows 7, any chance I can just get the contents of the RTE folder and do a manual install? Yeah still no RTE folder

Edited by Breeze

I am not making the connection but the RTE now shows up and launches I wasn't sure about the DLL file from the JayArmA2Lib I installed the addon folder as I would any other addon and the dll is prolly in the route and the addon folder cause I wasnt sure where to put it.

\

|-arma2oa.exe

|-dsound.dll

\@JayArma2Lib\JayArmA2Lib.dll

Is the required structure for JayArmA2Lib.

If it is installed correctly, RTE will throw an exception that it can't connect to the pipe and won't open, if RTE Capture is not opened too.

If RTE opens and complains about not being connected to RTE Capture, JayArmA2Lib is not active.

Thank you I think its working properly Now Im just gonna watch the tutorials and see if I can learn it.

Edited by Breeze