Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

WhatEverFeeling

When you are in a vehicles, there are additional icons in the unit bar to show your position.

Same goes for being injured, and some other features.

Can we choose what we want changed from your pack, or is it "all or nothing"?

Nah i think the usual USMC guys would prolly be best to represent units. They will stand for generic guys so to speak and fit with ARMA2 in general (recognizable to all). But i think there isnt much to complain about as it looks really good.

Just today i played a small mission and got nuts when i needed the SMAW guy but couldnt make it out from the icons lol. Needed him to take out a tank, but i just gave up and used arty hahaha. So your icons will be very very useful for fast and easy access.

When you are in a vehicles, there are additional icons in the unit bar to show your position.

Same goes for being injured, and some other features.

ah that, yes..

Some of the additional information will be disabled because some are useless, example: An USMC AT soldier does not have the at symbol anymore because its very clear that unit is an AT unit. When you enter the vehicles, the icons will remain if gunner, driver etc.

I have not explored all options but i intend to show the respective vehicle in all units if they are inside and also their position. Not quite sure if its possible to put hummers in all units that are inside a hummer, even if in cargo.

Note: some won't be disabled because in my point of view are essential information, such as the injured units. You will know which ones are injured.

Can we choose what we want changed from your pack, or is it "all or nothing"?

At the moment all codes are in one singular config.cpp, to separate it i will need to create different pbos. Ill think of it and decide depending and based on people opinions.

Nah i think the usual USMC guys would prolly be best to represent units. They will stand for generic guys so to speak and fit with ARMA2 in general (recognizable to all). But i think there isnt much to complain about as it looks really good.

Just today i played a small mission and got nuts when i needed the SMAW guy but couldnt make it out from the icons lol. Needed him to take out a tank, but i just gave up and used arty hahaha. So your icons will be very very useful for fast and easy access.

My idea is to create as much icons as much units there are.

We have USMC, FR, RU, MVD, GUE, INS, CDF, ...

I think these will be enough.

So far i have the USMC icons completed. :)

Edited by bravo 6
typo

ah that, yes..

Some of the additional information will be disabled because some are useless, example: An USMC AT soldier does not have the at symbol anymore because its very clear that unit is an AT unit. When you enter the vehicles, the icons will remain if gunner, driver etc.

<snip>

What happens when a bog standard rifleman picks up a M136?

-K

I quite sure the icon does not change automatically, but thats something we are used to already since ofp and arma, correct?

If anyone know how to make it dynamic, feel free to post how its done please.

From the codes i see, it is standard for each unit.

But in other hand, when you enter a vehicle the icon automatically change to vehicle, would it be possible to change the icon automatically if a simple rifleman picks up a M136?

Nah i think the usual USMC guys would prolly be best to represent units. They will stand for generic guys so to speak and fit with ARMA2 in general (recognizable to all).

how about these:

icons_bc6Feeling_05_s.jpg

icons_bc6Feeling_06_s.jpg

@ Q: you see the little icon in icon 1 the black circle similar to an target aim, i intend to remove them to all except while they are inside vehicles.

Are there any suggestions, ideas to improve whats intend to be done here?

edit: ah, all insurgent icons are completed, though they not shown in the above picture. Now moving on to RUS icons and CDF..

Edited by bravo 6
typo

I would really like those icons as a separate addon for a simple reason: Multiplayer.

Server admins are (as they should) not too happy about adding tons of mods to their server, so releasing your tweaks as different pbo's with signatures is really needed if we want to have a chance of using them online

At the moment all codes are in one singular config.cpp, to separate it i will need to create different pbos. Ill think of it and decide depending and based on people opinions.

What about a poll?I want separate pbo's.

Yes, a poll would be nice..

Ill try to create separated pbo's, for each purpose.

What happens when a bog standard rifleman picks up a M136?

I just found out what you and Kju meant with those questions.

To be honest I didn't know the icons appeared if units picked up RPG's, AT's, MG's and Sniper rifles. Things change after noticing this feature..

I can keep the small black icons that show if the player has or picks up AT, MG or Sniper rifle. I try to place it somewhere else so it appears in a reasonable place and becomes reasonable..

Its still WIP but how about this:

icons_bc6Feeling_07_s.jpg

Ill try to move the vehicle number to right next to the unit number. Also will try to move the "UnitRole" a little more to the right.

About the "UnitSpecialRole" ill try to resize it and make under the unit number.

Ideas, suggestions, critics are welcome. Remember this mod is to help people in their in game tactics.

Edit1: Ah i forgot, pbo's are separated now. So far there are 3 pbo's but i might do 1 more for the extra UI.

Edit2: pbo's are:

1º - bc6_Feeling_FOV.pbo

2º - bc6_Feeling_ICONS.pbo

3º - bc6_Feeling_UI.pbo

4º - bc6_Feeling_(?).pbo -> this one might have to do with the dispersion, aim, recoils, etc..

Edited by bravo 6
typo.

Looks good. Maybe can make them slightly smaller if possible (standard BIS icons showing what is carried)? To not lie over the rest of the graphics. I think what you did there will give us all the info we need. Too tired to come with and good suggestions though. Time for bed.

Looking good though. :)

icons_bc6Feeling_08_s.jpg

still need some sorting. Maybe the Mg and At soldier icons need to be standing up.. :rolleyes:

No, I think what you've done is a fair compromise. Battlefield pickups aren't that common anyhow.

Leaving Machinegunners, Automatic Riflemen, and AT soldiers crouched is also a clever way of differentiating them from the rest of the squad. Cool stuff.

-k

The bc6_Feeling_ICONS.pbo, its set and configured, will look like this:

icons_bc6Feeling_10_s.jpg

icons_bc6Feeling_11_s.jpg

Just need to to create and place the rest of the Russian units into the pbo and soon will be ready for public beta.

Next steps:

- Finish the bc6_Feeling_UI.pbo, its on wheels and almost complete, just need some twicks.

- Finish the bc6_Feeling_FOV.pbo, might take some time because there are a lot of vehicles to set and test one by one.. :dead:

Starting to come out real great Bravo!

Some extra work - but i think making a pixel or 2 pixel black outline on each soldier would be even better (outline following their body exactlly) - to make them better visible against various backgrounds. Even a white outline maybe.

Could even help you with that if you want. I think it will be more professional with it, and easier to see the icons. :)

Alex

Alex72 i really appreciate you help and suggestions, i have been thinking of the 2 pixel outline black or white you suggested but i really thing its best to keep the way it is because the idea is to have the icons and not to call much attention, after all the action is in that same screen.

Note that the vehicle icons do not have the 1 or 2 pixel like around them, thats why i think its better to keep the way they are in the last picture.

I'am also working on a CADete and VETeran mod for Crosshairs of each weapon.

edit:

RUS side:

icons_bc6Feeling_12_s.jpg

Edited by bravo 6
Added pic

There is only one thing I don't like about those icons.

The "wait", "ready", etc signs on top of the icons.

How about this:

A2_whatever_idea.jpg

6 is your icon, 7 is an idea how I would like it.

Just an idea, don't know if it is possible.

MfG Lee :)

Looks really nice!

I have not thought of that, ill see how it will look with the changes for all bar. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

How about this:

icons_bc6Feeling_13_s.jpg

..any better or prefer the suggested one?

Looks really nice!

I have not thought of that, ill see how it will look with the changes for all bar. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

How about this:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/BCbravo6/ArmA2/BC6Feeling/icons_bc6Feeling_13_s.jpg

..any better or prefer the suggested one?

Looks nice, but I have to say, that I prefer the suggested one.

The idea is to have your very nice looking icons & save some more space with the "overlay".

MfG Lee :)

Yeah i see what you mean and i agree.

Just need some small changes..

1 - icons_bc6Feeling_10_s.jpg

2 - icons_bc6Feeling_14_s.jpg

3 - icons_bc6Feeling_15_s.jpg

4 - icons_bc6Feeling_16_s.jpg

.. which one would be better?

The transparent background is possible, though i'm not quite sure how to turn the text with the black edge. Ill see what i can do about it. ;)

edit: Does anyone know how to put the black edge in the "class CommandText"?

Edited by bravo 6