Sign in to follow this  
.kju

PROPER projects - game tweaks of all sorts

Probably because it is twice as much work to monitor two forums, and because I suppose 90% or more of the community already is starting to get used to visiting dev-heaven ;)

Am I the only one who thinks that the low vegetation fix should be in the Community Base Addons thing?

Probably not, but I dont think thats a good idea. CBA is not about that, its a framework to make addons compatible with each other. Then some of us dont want to use the low vegetation fix, I have no problem whatsoever with the original vegetation.

*Edited* Wasn't trying to piss anybody off it was simply a post with (AFAIK) what's going on.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

It seems kju has quit the BI forums. He has stopped all work on CAA1 (He did one hell of a job. I'm not saying he should still be working on it), He apparently stopped work on OFPIP, and requested his account get deleted...

oh god, stop spreading crap like that, will you?

I apologize pufu. I was simply stating the facts that I knew. Did not mean to come across as spreading BS.

kju, any news on some of the buildings being blurry with PROPER low buildings mod?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/4383

Did you fix this? I just copied over the original files into kju's .pbos.

I fixed the long cattle shed, the small backyard shed and the Cement silos.

Was there anymore?

What i meant was i copied over the BIS original files into Kju's .pbos. So now they have the full LODs.

So from the original BIS buildings2_Ind_CementWorks.pbo I copied over the folder called Ind_silovelke into buildings2_Ind_CementWorks_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo

From original buildings2.pbo i copied over 2 folders, shed_small and Farm_Cowshed into buildings2_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER.pbo.

I've done the same thing as you - however there are more

Something called the 'linekeepers box' ingame - it's next to the cow shed in the Razor 2 mission, next to the gate with the writing above. This is at the cowshed in Staroye where you help the farmers.

Also there are the other two sheds, one of which has a small horizontal gas tank outside - also at the same cowshed (can be seen in the Razor Two mission). The same building and gas tank combo shows up when you go to the quarry on the same mission..

Then there is also a commercial fence with angled barbed wire on the top.

A pile of logs that features often outside houses.

Most noticable was a industrial unit-like hanger I tried replacing "Ind_Shed_01" or "Ind_Shed_02" - but that didn't work. It's a shame as this mod really speeds up the loading of textures around towns etc..

Anyone any ideas of a way to find out which files are for which buildings? The trial and error method sucks.

Thanks

And so on basically - all the buildings with interiors would need to be replaced I think. Also many of them turn into proper buildings when destroyed (i.e. ruins that you can walk inside), which is another issue.

All in all, I think the buildings side of the mod is a great thing, and has helped me be able to play Arma 2 at all, but it's just not good in the long run. The highest LOD, to be able to enter and interact with buildings, is simply needed. I don't know if that will completely break the whole thing, but I'd be happy (I think, theorethically) with a switch between "super low" and "super high" which, I suppose, should at least lower the lod-switching a little?

But the vegetation mod still works wonders (aside, once again, for certain trees...)

Regards,

Wolfrug

Yes I think you might be right. The buildings mod isn't going to be very useful

I thought one of the blurry buildings might have interfered with the dogtags at the quarry - but no actually..

Off topic - I'm really not sure about this game - certainly as far as the campaign goes. It seems, potentially, like OpFlash but then with heaps of mandatory scripting and only a handful of missions - rather than going the simple, self-evolving sandbox missions route. So it's brief moments of brilliance and then lots of work to get around the clunks. What a shame - at least the quick editor rocks.

I've done the same thing as you - however there are more

Something called the 'linekeepers box' ingame - it's next to the cow shed in the Razor 2 mission, next to the gate with the writing above. This is at the cowshed in Staroye where you help the farmers.

Also there are the other two sheds, one of which has a small horizontal gas tank outside - also at the same cowshed (can be seen in the Razor Two mission). The same building and gas tank combo shows up when you go to the quarry on the same mission..

Then there is also a commercial fence with angled barbed wire on the top.

A pile of logs that features often outside houses.

Most noticable was a industrial unit-like hanger I tried replacing "Ind_Shed_01" or "Ind_Shed_02" - but that didn't work. It's a shame as this mod really speeds up the loading of textures around towns etc..

Anyone any ideas of a way to find out which files are for which buildings? The trial and error method sucks.

Thanks

Thats a lot more than Ive seen. Since i 'fixed' my PROPER pbo's I havent noticed any more low res buildings.

Ill take a look.

Thats a lot more than Ive seen. Since i 'fixed' my PROPER pbo's I havent noticed any more low res buildings.

Ill take a look.

Maybe you could provide a download link to exchange the pbos concerned?

Ill do that.

Pudenfuhrer can you give me the exact coordinates for these other buildings, Im unable to find any more then I can upload this fixed pbos somewhere.

Hey guys, maybe it's a better idea to post it mainly here, like Kju mentioned?

Ill do that.

Pudenfuhrer can you give me the exact coordinates for these other buildings, Im unable to find any more then I can upload this fixed pbos somewhere.

I would be glad if you could post even the .pbo with the fixes you already applied. If you will find more, you still can update. Can you please post a link for the fixed .pbo?

Ill do that.

have a look at

099 098 Small Shed

133 092 Hut with gastank outside

134 092 Industrial shed

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:47 PM ----------

edit

No - your pbo is slightly different to mine.. And it seems like everythings okay with it. How strange - from what you described I replaced the same files as you - either way Nazul - good job - your pbo's seem solid

Yes I can confirm this. I replaced the pbos and everything working alright. Especially glad now the huts on Isla Duala dont look like carton boxes anymore..:)

Thank you Nazul!

Hello.

Sorry if this has been requested before, but the forums doesn't allow conditional searches "At AND men" so i didn't find the old "no at vs men"-addon which I do believe Proper did for ArmA.

Is there one for ArmA 2?

Couldn't find one on the Proper project page on dev heaven.

I've downloaded a few, looks promising, thanks!