Sign in to follow this  
.kju

PROPER projects - game tweaks of all sorts

one noob question for kju. Is it for vehicles used same technique as for plants and buildings?...in that way is it possible to apply it on them to?

change dynamic exposure in something quite static. but you must often change value with action menu , as time roll ...

For the best FPS performance on my rig, I used Oswald's suggestions plus VF FPS Saver. Thanks kju.

Hi, everyone, I think that the best way is not to only use the highest LOD or the Lowest LOD but to only make small changes in LODs. Just like Kju did in the first version, its a good balance for quality and performance, no sharp visual loss in medium and far distance.

What I did was to romove the last 2 lowest LODs from all p3d vegetations with 5 or 4 LODs, and for 3 LODs, set them to 2 LODs. In short, 5/4 to 3, 3 to 2. Removing 1 or 2 lowest LODs can bring your better image quality and keep you at good FPS.

@noobiewarrior

GTD HDR Mod HERE...

Read the first post real carefully, then download and give it a go... might help tone down the light/dark extremes...

Also search this "addons and mods complete" section for sakura chans sun addon - tones down the glare...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

...to only make small changes in LODs...

The problem is, the different "level of details" of many trees are so different in look that the changing in front of your eyes is a pain.

As long as no one is going to remodel the existing tree model lods or creating complete new trees and makes a "tree replacement pack", I prefer the "1 medium/high LOD" solution.

MfG Lee ;)

yes a tree remodel would be nice, these trees are too complex, eats up a lot of fps, and who really give them a closer look? Kinda like fallout 3 bushes, i got 30-40 fps overall, but when looking at the bush from close it drops to like 10.

This tweak is good for reducing lod changes, but the performance issue can only be solved with less complex trees.

yes a tree remodel would be nice, these trees are too complex, eats up a lot of fps, and who really give them a closer look? Kinda like fallout 3 bushes, i got 30-40 fps overall, but when looking at the bush from close it drops to like 10.

This tweak is good for reducing lod changes, but the performance issue can only be solved with less complex trees.

I look at the trees, i want even more complexity... A option for lesser Hardware would be nice, but bigger faster hardware is the real fix to FPS.

...but bigger faster hardware is the real fix to FPS.

Or doing a proper job programming a game, so it works on "normal" hardware...

A2_TheHunter_k.jpg

Like "The Hunter", a hunting sim.

This game works since it's release and it plays super smooth with fantastic graphics.

Oh, and the screen is from the FREE* version.

MfG Lee ;)

*=Full game, but you can hunt only one species.

well you really can't compare a hunting sim to arma 2, but it's true that arma2 engine is not optimized really well.

Or doing a proper job programming a game, so it works on "normal" hardware...

pic

Like "The Hunter", a hunting sim.

This game works since it's release and it plays super smooth with fantastic graphics.

Oh, and the screen is from the FREE* version.

MfG Lee ;)

*=Full game, but you can hunt only one species.

Woah, that looks really similar to Arma2's engine. I thought it was Arma2 when I first looked at it.

@ Radnik

It can be applied on any p3d or texture.

I will do a test with vehicles, infantry and weapons.

Also will test more with 1 Res LOD only for vegetation. Maybe 2nd or 3rd is fine.

It would be great to come to a conclusion to release a pack and sign it.

The summary of Lee_H._Oswald was a great one. Any other recommendations?

Especially for buildings only one member reported issues for object so far.

kju: can you give me a tip how to change the water color, I've inserted that two rgb lines in Water {}; but it seems that it doesn't change in A2?

I hate this shitty looking A2 water, looks like in Netherlands :)

Try this thread IceBreakr. :)

I assume it is still done the very same way.

Well the buildings are the same for me, weird transparent walls, ceiling, and the doorways are whole black.

The same problems as reported. Should use a higher res lod.

The low vegetation worked fine for me, the only problem is that most servers don't allow mods, so i have to play without it.

kju: compiling right now, just got home ;)

Update:

Yaaay, tnx kju! It works ;)

newwatertnxkju.jpg

newwatertnxkju2.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Using the Buildings_Low, I noticed that many large buildings in Sahrani (CAA1) simply no longer show ingame. Probably connected to the various "unable to open xxx.pbo" errors ;). Hangars, castles etc. Probably more than that, but they're the most immediately obvious from the test scenarios I'm using. :)

*edit*

Also, I am getting mega-slowdowns when in very dense vegetation in Sahrani. (Like those dense copses north-north-west of Badango level with the castle) I guess this is a separate issue to the above, if it is even an issue and not merely a consequence :)

Edited by DMarkwick

CAA1 merges a2 and a1 buildings. Of course if you load an a2 only buildings addon,

that you will get missing objects for a1 worlds.

The vegetation is simply the a1 vegetation. Remember what was said about its performance?

@ Radnik

It can be applied on any p3d or texture.

I will do a test with vehicles, infantry and weapons.

Thx for info and time on efford to do all this things to make comunity happy and satisfied!.Just take your time...and keep up the good work!

The vegetation is simply the a1 vegetation. Remember what was said about its performance?

Well, in that case I don't know. All I can tell you is that with the addon, lots of slowdown, without the addon, no slowdown. But only when among the dense vegetation.

DMarkwick you need to state precisely which addon you are about please.

There are dozens out there. ;)

Hah :D the ones I have are:

Buildings_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER

Vegetation_Low_Visuals_R_PROPER

both downloaded 12/09/09.