Sign in to follow this  
Sisko

Saving Games CTD

Does anyone get a CTD when they try to save their games? I've had them quite frequently now, when you sometimes try and save the game, it will dump to desktop simply saying "cannot commit"

Anyone else had this happen? It is rather annoying to say the least :)

Did you download any patches, install any mods, change any hardware, ect?

Nope, the only patch I have installed is the latest 1.3 patch. No mods, no hardware changes either.

This is starting to frustrate me now....almost every time i want to save the game, CTD, error message of "cannot commit" :eek:

Ok, it appears I cannot go any further in the game. Every time I reach a point where it auto saves, or I save the game myself, it CTD's with the message "cannot commit"

Does anyone happen to know if Bohemia are working on a fix for this issue?

Thanks guys :)

Mine only started the "cannot commit" after I patched from 1.02 to 1.03.

It would do it mostly on manual saves and rarely on auto saves. (campaign only)

The only way I got around it (by trial) was to go for another task of the mission. Some worked, some didn't.

I've yet to see the error while using the beta patches.

Well I had your same problem ...

I was Playing Arma 2 with no patches

and suddenly when I start to save the Game Crashes

at The start I tried to put Admin Option and it was better but then i tried to disable antivirus and VAC and it goes ....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1329804#post1329804

try to do what Von Paulus Say

Has it crashed in a restarted -virgin- mission with zero user-saves or only in a resumed mission; or one with multiple save-points?

Never had this particular problem/CTD so this is just a wild stab but -going on the assumption that it could be related to the overwrite feature that kicks in after the queue limit (save*-6) is reached- have you thought of manually deleting some/all of the missions previous user-saves?

Well I'm not quite sure what to do to try and fix/solve this issue except perhaps wait for the next patch release from Bohemia.

For my issue (mentioned above) I've decided I'm going to have to edit the difficulty setting so the AI are crap so that I can manage to finish the mission I'm stuck on without dying. That's the only thing I can think of. Apparently it's just a problem with the Manhattan mission. Good luck to me :D

It's annoying because I don't have fast internet so can't play online. That's why I wish I could play campaign with no dramas.

@Sisko

Thats is not a good way to think who tell you that it will be another patch ? and who tell you that if there will be another patch your and myne prblm will be fixed ....?

Anyway i have the same problem but like 1 on 5 save this happen .... also to you or it crash everytime ....?

Guys, try to disable Data Execution Prevention, as explained by Von Paulus. Many thanks to him, and to Lord Willy for posting the link. I finally seem to have got rid of this nightmare. Not even the beta fixed it.

Hopefully it will stay like that.