Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

Desert USMC Units

I have both arma 2 and arma 2 oa and I am making a mission that only uses oa stuff, because my friend only has oa stand alone and i want him to be able to play my mission with me. i want to use these units in my mission, but if i do, will my friend who has oa stand alone be able to install these units and play my mission, or would he need to buy regular arma 2 to be able to play? meaning... can these units be used with oa stand alone?

Launch OA standalone (yourself) with the units and see if they work.

I have both arma 2 and arma 2 oa and I am making a mission that only uses oa stuff, because my friend only has oa stand alone and i want him to be able to play my mission with me. i want to use these units in my mission, but if i do, will my friend who has oa stand alone be able to install these units and play my mission, or would he need to buy regular arma 2 to be able to play? meaning... can these units be used with oa stand alone?

They use Arma 2 USMC models, so I don't think they will work in OA standalone.

hey Schnapsdrosel, is it possible that you re-skin the USMC Force Recon guys in desert as well?

I second this motion. ;)

you do know the RCIR guys did it with their ISAF guys or whatever?

Clarify my state:

Hopefully I'm not breaking the rules, this last post was 3 months ahead

So, I want to answer some question regarding the Desert MARPAT Backpacks

But I have seen this picture, where the USMC Units do carry Woodland MARPAT Backpacks even they are wear Desert

Picture >100KB ; 908KB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:13th_MEU_disembarking_Bright_Star_2005.jpg

and? i've also seen some with desert packs... what are you trying to say?

Oh yeah, I just find some desert variant from google

http://usmcshop.grunt.com/prodimg/L1030.jpg

But they don't seem to carry those on missions??

Sorry I don't live in states, so no much idea about USMC or US Army

http://www.patriotoutfitters.com/img/products/20700/20773.JPG

http://www.patriotoutfitters.com/img/products/48300/48311.JPG

Edited by avengerzx

Are you asking him to add Woodland Marpat backpacks....or what..?

Nononono, Just that carrying Woodland MARPAT Backpack and Wearing Desert Uniform doesn't look Weird

Umm, is there anything special for installation? I'm using the modfolders method and I'm not seeing any desert USMC units. It's supposed to be under Men -> Desert right? I only have standard men, all I did was change the folder to @Desert_USMCs and ran it, all of the pbo's and stuff are just as downloaded.

Did you create an addons folder so i looks like this @Desert_USMC --> addons --> dessertmarine.pbo ect??

Ahh sorry, stupid mistake, I just typically assume that the download comes ready to install.

nevermind that nevermind, lol, it's just in hidden down where I never look to select units, very tricky good sir...

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

Is this supposed to change default marines to desert?

I was playing the original ArmA 2 scenarios and I noticed everyone was wearing desert MARPAT :rolleyes:

Okay, I guess I'll switch, thanks brah. The forum link on the Armaholic page that I downloaded from leads to this thread though, so I got confused.

Might I ask why it does that though?

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Oh I see, it was the replacement.pbo.

That was present in this pack too though :)

Hi, as not OA user... i preffer to not use the replacement and have the MARPAT(D) Marines as addon units instead as replacement(addon) units, so i can have and use booth depending on the terrain. Let's C ya

Force Recon in Desert Marpat would still be awesome, and greatly appreciated :cool:

Yeah that would be cool :)