Desert USMC Units

ArmA2Base.de Download:

Desert USMC Units

Desert USMCs MG Solider with desert marpat backpack:

Rapidshare.com Download:

Desert USMCs desert marpat backpack version

Armaholic.com Download:

the units can be found under USMC -> Men(Desert)

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

marinesniper.jpg

marineofficer.jpg

marinesgl.jpg

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

Awesome. Someone will find this useful! I've been hearing of some people requesting it on different forums. Great work!

Awesome work! Now we just need an island that doesn't require 2GB worth of files to get working in ArmA II, heh.

Awesome thanks, also gonna use this on Avgani.

1 question, it replaced a key, cant remember for what mod the other key was, but will that still be the same as this key?

Awesome thanks, also gonna use this on Avgani.

1 question, it replaced a key, cant remember for what mod the other key was, but will that still be the same as this key?

You probably have my mercs addon installed, it has the same key, so maybe this one got replaced, but that makes no difference, the files are the same...

The backpack on the machine-gunner/automatic rifleman is still in woodland marpat. Thought I'd just point that out in-case you forgot about it. Still though, these are really good, and the texture quality look better up close than the Bis ones. xD

The backpack on the machine-gunner/automatic rifleman is still in woodland marpat. Thought I'd just point that out in-case you forgot about it. Still though, these are really good, and the texture quality look better up close than the Bis ones. xD

I think (and this is more an educated assumption), the WD MARPAT backpacks are used in theatre, in the same way the brits use temperate DPM daysacks/bergens when in afghanistan. Suppose its a money saver...

I think (and this is more an educated assumption), the WD MARPAT backpacks are used in theatre, in the same way the brits use temperate DPM daysacks/bergens when in afghanistan. Suppose its a money saver...

Yeah, I was thinking that.. But seeing as I wasn't sure I thought I'd post.

Yeah, I even had a desert marpat texture for the backpack finished, but then I was looking at some reference pics and realised that the USMC don't use it… I don't even now if this version of the backpack exists in real life. However, if anybody wants to check it out I still have an old version with the desert marpat backpack uploaded at rapidshare...

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

Well, I personally would like to use it, I really dont like to have desert marpat units with woodland marpat backpack, but thats only my own view.

Well, I personally would like to use it, I really dont like to have desert marpat units with woodland marpat backpack, but thats only my own view.

I thought it doesn't look right, too. The main reason I didn't inculde it was,

that I thought people would complain that it's not realistic ,

but you can download the version with the old texture here:

Rapidshare.com:

Armaholic.com:

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

Nice USMC as alwayz Schnapsdrosel !! thks for those units

Awesome work! Now we just need an island that doesn't require 2GB worth of files to get working in ArmA II, heh.

exactly!:yay:

Thanks for the awesome skins, it was very much needed. I agree with your original thought on realism. I never saw a desert assault pack even though I just got out of the Marines. However, I heard they have begun issuing entire desert ILBE.

They should have used some kind of option for grabbing the bigger files from an ArmA1 install/CD.

hey Schnapsdrosel,

is it possible that you re-skin the USMC Force Recon guys in desert as well? that would be sweet :)

Yeah that would be sweet!

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

by the way what are the classnames for the Desert USMC dudes?

I have both arma 2 and arma 2 oa and I am making a mission that only uses oa stuff, because my friend only has oa stand alone and i want him to be able to play my mission with me. i want to use these units in my mission, but if i do, will my friend who has oa stand alone be able to install these units and play my mission, or would he need to buy regular arma 2 to be able to play? meaning... can these units be used with oa stand alone?