Sign in to follow this  
Trauma.au

FADE question and unique issue

Ok so I upgraded my graphics card today to a GTX 275, now this required the use of two more 4pin power connectors through a 6pin Y power cable, this has left me with one 4pin connector free in my current system, but this one connector cant reach my DVD drive, so for the moment its not plugged in, this obviously presents an issue when trying to launch Arma.

So, can I use a no-DVD crack on my legit install or will this trigger FADE?, and if so will FADE go away after I resolve the issue?, through a 4pin extension cable or w/e.

This will trigger FADE AFAIK.

If you cant find a way to extent the cable you can try to remove the DVDdrive from its bay and just hang it somewhere in your PC or put it on the bottom. Just dont forget that when you are moving your PC around. :p

What kind of power supply do you have that only has 1-2 power lines? Or do you have like 14 hard drives or something?

What kind of power supply do you have that only has 1-2 power lines? Or do you have like 14 hard drives or something?
These cards take 2 x 6pin pci-e power connectors, so if your power supply doesn't have dedicated 6pin pci-e power leads you need to use the molar to pci-e adapters. You need 2 4pin molar leads for each 6 pin pci-e lead. In other words his card is using 4 power lines (4pin molar) on its own.

In my previous rig I had to open my ps and solder some leads in from a dead ps just to have enough connectors. Soon as I went to an SLi rig I didn't have a choice but to upgrade the ps.

[edit] Not only do the newer cards want two 6pin leads each but they want them to be connected to separate buses in the power supply making it even harder to achieve with older units.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Ok so I upgraded my graphics card today to a GTX 275, now this required the use of two more 4pin power connectors through a 6pin Y power cable, this has left me with one 4pin connector free in my current system, but this one connector cant reach my DVD drive, so for the moment its not plugged in, this obviously presents an issue when trying to launch Arma.
I suspect your going to need to upgrade your power supply anyway as these cards are pretty hungry and your ps sounds like a cheaper generic one. Edited by mlenser

can't you just use a DVD emulator and have the iso on the PC?

Hi all

Simple solutions:

Buy a cable extender costs a few cents.

Better still buy a Steam Version then you do not need to use DVD.

Kind Regards walker

It's a 650W PSU with two 4pinx2 lines, not an amazing PSU but system is running fine, I just have some other stuff using up connectors, I do have a free one, just not enough cable to reach the ROM. Was just looking for a short term solution (crack) but wanted to know more about FADE. Thx for input.

Edited by Trauma.au

lol trauma.au, i guess your from OCAU huh.

anyway, FADE is pretty lame so any "short term" solution would have to be like 1-2 hours before things start changing (guess).

I don't know if it's reversible either.

Apply the newst Beta Patch and the problem will be solved..No Cd needed no more.Love it cause my Dvd Drive sounds like a washer for some reason;)

Apply the newst Beta Patch and the problem will be solved..No Cd needed no more.Love it cause my Dvd Drive sounds like a washer for some reason;)

Correct assuming he has a legit copy. If it's not, the patch won't take. Any crack or spoofing will trigger FADE, and you'll have more fun watching the grass grow than playing Arma2

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

This gonna be an infraction party... :mad:

And no, using a no-disc crack is not recommended.