Sign in to follow this  
tuunade98

arma 2 geforce 8400gs 512mb

iam just wondering if i can run arma 2 on a geforce 8400gs i dnt want to download the demo since i live in australia and do not want to download over my limit im thinking of getting the game arma 2 but i do not know if it works on my computer here are most of my specs

pentium Dual Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2CPUs)

2gigs of ram

geforce 8400gs 512mb

can my system run arma 2 on at least 800 600 resolution with low settings and at least over 30 fps?

Depending on your cpu you may get 20+ fps on that resolution with that card, you may want to try out victor fabaus fps booster as well to increase performance, but personally I find 14 + fps very playable.

tahnk you for replying has anyone actually got this card and tried teh game?

I had this card yes, but upgraded to a 9500gt - found the 8400gs ok but was a shame having to run at 800 x 600, granted that was before patch 1.03 so you may find a performance boost, I would however suggest you run on normal settings with post processing off.

I have 2nd computer I've also bought ArmA 2 for, it's an iMac with a 3gz core 2 duo & this card - 2gb ram and whilst you won't get blazing FPS if you turn up the GFX, it's certainly playable. Of course 'playable' is subjective.