luki

Simple ArmA 2 Terrain Tutorial

Thanks for the tutorial, it really helped :) .

May include info on the random object script as it's a very nice tool to cover wide spaces naturally, I found it very effective. ( http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84890&highlight=script )

Is there any library including pictures for all plants/bushes in ArmA 2?

I found one for structures and other objects, but not for vegetation so far ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5895 ) . I can always place them in bulldozer and see, but that's not very effective ;) .

Here's also one for A1 vegetation/objects (just go to about the middle, as the rest will be in german):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2006

Edited by Icewindo

As far as i know threre is no library jet. Bis is using botanical names for the new models. I use this as orientation e.g. quercus = oak, canina = Rosa canina = Rose.

For the Arma 1 plants you have to look into the mlods. The textures are mostly named with the botanical names. And then just use Google

thats all

Everything is fine until I get to import the P:\TUT\TUT_SampleMap\Source\mask_lco.png, and I get the error :

error loading p:\tut\tut_sampleMap\source\mapLegend.png

I'm getting the very same issue and as far as I can tell, all the paths are what they should be.

Hi there,

Make sure you have a "Sat_lco.png, Mask_lco.png, Maplegend.png and a Layers.cfg file in your source folder of your project.

Make sure that the colors used on your mask_lco.png file are all defined in the layers.cfg file.

Make sure that the paths in the layers.cfg are all pointing to your texture folder (P:\tut\tut_samplemap\data\texture_name.paa.

Make sure the path to the maplegend.png file in the layers.cfg file is right.

It must have to do with a wrong path or missing file, it might also have to do with difference in size of the mask and sat png files, make sure they are both the same size.

Make sure when creating your sat_lco and Mask_lco that you save them as PNG, (NON INTERLACED !)

Keep us posted of your results,

Later,

Allie

LAYERS.CFG sample

class Layers

{

class xxpisek

{

texture = "ca\antikythira\data\xxpisek_mco.paa";

material="ca\antikythira\data\xxpisek.rvmat";

};

class xxtravajih

{

texture = "ca\antikythira\data\xxtravajih_mco.paa";

material="ca\antikythira\data\xxtravajih.rvmat";

};

class xxmesto2

{

texture = "ca\antikythira\data\xxmesto2_mco.paa";

material="ca\antikythira\data\xxmesto2.rvmat";

};

class xxpole1

{

texture = "ca\antikythira\data\xxpole1_mco.paa";

material="ca\antikythira\data\xxpole1.rvmat";

};

};

class Legend

{

picture="ca\antikythira\source\mapLegend.png";

class Colors

{

/// color names should correspond to surface layer names

xxpisek[]={{255,255,0}};

xxtravajih[]={{0,255,0}};

xxmesto2[]={{99,55,0}};

xxpole1[]={{0,0,255}};

};

};

You do understand that in this sample you should change the paths to your textures, probably something like "texture = "TUT\TUT_Samplemap\data\xxpole1_mco.paa"

Again this is a sample, you have to alter it to your needs.

Later

Maplegend.png

maplegend.png

The Maplegend.png is universal, so you can just copy it here of the site.

Also in the RVMAT files in your DATA folder you need to check for the right paths ! The RVMAT files from your textures in the data folder.

Edited by Alliexx

Hey mate,

Are we talking about my samples or are we talking about the sample files from SgtAce his tutorial ?

When you download the sample tutorial map (so NOT MINE), everything should be in order, but maybe you want to try another sample,

ftp://ftp.fraghaus.com/arma/satpics/testmapempty.rar

The sample from this link is the version in which you have to start visitor from the terrain.png, you import a file called "terrain.pbl" in visitor and your island is created, then you have to compile the textures before you see any result in bulldozer.

While this link:

ftp://ftp.fraghaus.com/arma/satpics/testalldone.rar

every thing is done for you, you open up the "test.pew" file and you can start bulldozer straight away, you can then save the "world" as an ".wrp" file and you can bin it up to test "ingame".

Maybe reinstall the tools too, make sure you completely remove them first(this is probly not needed tho, but maybe you fckd up the directory structure.

The samples you download can go straight to your P drive, i always work on the "P" drive, not in the armaworks folder, other people maybe say no to this but it is the most clear and clean drive representing the whole structure of the P drive that is needed to edit in visitor or O2, but also needed to binpbo your project to be able to be used ingame.

This sample has still a buggy config file, clutters needs to be updated, and more is wrong, but you can always empty the config file of defines not wanted.

LAter,

Allie

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Hi guys,

This is my P drive layout for now, the Buildings2_Ind_cementworks, is like with the plant placed in the buildings2 folder, i removed "buildings2_" from the name.

The ca folder under my "TAG" folder "XX"(P:\xx\ca), contains all cpp files from all addons in the (P:\CA) folder. Its the litte "xcopy" trick from SgtAce his tutorial: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_Terrain_Tutorial

Heres the picture : http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6226/pdrive.jpg

Any comments always welcome.

Later,

Alphons

I have follow the Tutorial, but I the following error "Cannot load material file tut\tut_samplemap\data\layers\p_000_000_l00.rvmat."

Carvermd2

When you save your .wrp file, make sure it's saved in the same place in the directory structure that it will be binarised in.

i.e. don't save it in your P:\MapName\Source\Terrain folder, but your P:\MapName folder.

Hey mate,

Are we talking about my samples or are we talking about the sample files from SgtAce his tutorial ?

When you download the sample tutorial map (so NOT MINE), everything should be in order, but maybe you want to try another sample,

ftp://ftp.fraghaus.com/arma/satpics/testmapempty.rar

The sample from this link is the version in which you have to start visitor from the terrain.png, you import a file called "terrain.pbl" in visitor and your island is created, then you have to compile the textures before you see any result in bulldozer.

While this link:

ftp://ftp.fraghaus.com/arma/satpics/testalldone.rar

every thing is done for you, you open up the "test.pew" file and you can start bulldozer straight away, you can then save the "world" as an ".wrp" file and you can bin it up to test "ingame".

Maybe reinstall the tools too, make sure you completely remove them first(this is probly not needed tho, but maybe you fckd up the directory structure.

The samples you download can go straight to your P drive, i always work on the "P" drive, not in the armaworks folder, other people maybe say no to this but it is the most clear and clean drive representing the whole structure of the P drive that is needed to edit in visitor or O2, but also needed to binpbo your project to be able to be used ingame.

This sample has still a buggy config file, clutters needs to be updated, and more is wrong, but you can always empty the config file of defines not wanted.

LAter,

Allie

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Hi guys,

This is my P drive layout for now, the Buildings2_Ind_cementworks, is like with the plant placed in the buildings2 folder, i removed "buildings2_" from the name.

The ca folder under my "TAG" folder "XX"(P:\xx\ca), contains all cpp files from all addons in the (P:\CA) folder. Its the litte "xcopy" trick from SgtAce his tutorial: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_Terrain_Tutorial

Heres the picture : http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6226/pdrive.jpg

Any comments always welcome.

Later,

Alphons

OK, so, tonight I did as I told you earlier and started over from scratch. I removed the old tools and decided to download this version which was the ultimate goal anyway. So, I did. I went through the tutorial and got to where I have been roadblocked with the earlier version.

Import Satellite and Mask.

I open the config file first, no issues.

I than popped open the Sat_Lco.png no issues there either.

I go to open up the Mask_Lco.png file and I get the error message.

"Error Loading 'p\tut\tut\_samplemap\source\maplegend.png"

Allie, when I PM'd you before I had used your tutorial from Arma 1 and had this issue. Even when I used your files, I still received it.

This time around, there is nothing that I created in any way, shape, or form and I still get this message.

Also, I am wondering if the issue is with Wilbur. I say that because, I can open the Mask_Lco.png without receiving any error messages but the screen is completely gray and shows nothing. In PS7, I can open it also, but again, there is nothing there. theres just a white box.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Edited by Genpatton043
Addition

Hi, where did you create your Mask_lco.png file, i mean u talk about Wilbur ???

Wilbur is a terain making tool, not a photoshop tool to make a Mask_lco.png file.

Wilbur is needed to make a Terrain.png, this has nothing to do with importing and compiling your Sat and Mask Lco files.

The mask_lco.png is a representation of the textures, the mask file is a file that is exactly in size as the Sat_lco file.

Do you set the properties for the importing of the sat picture?

Project Parameters: picture: http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1029/projectparameters.jpg

Project Preferences : http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8609/projectpreferences.jpg

Note: mind my picture samples !!!! they are set as they have to be set for MY map, you should change your settings acording your needs, i mean paths, tag folder name .....

You have to set those settings before you can start importing.

I really dont understand it, it should work, you are sure u use RGB colors on your mask_lco ?

Keep us posted.

Later,

Allie

Error Loading 'p\tut\tut\_samplemap\source\maplegend.png

It should read: P:\tut\tut_samplemap\source\maplegend.png

Make sure all paths are correct !

In my samples your paths wil look like this P:\test\testmap

Other sample uses : P:\tut\tut_samplemap

Personaly i'm busy on a map and i'm using : P:\xx\entebbe

Its all in the paths !

Edited by Alliexx

I have a small problem if anyone cares to help me. I downloaded everything i needed, and moved everything to the specified folder and such. but anytime i try to extract the PBO's it does nothing, it doesnt extract a window that looks like the command prompt appears for about half a second and then goes away. Im not sure what im doing wrong.

# Dowload the latest Versions of ExtractPbo and DePbo by Mikero at DevHeaven

# Extract them right into our Tutorial partition O:\ComTools\ExtractPbo.....

# Move the DePbo.dll from the dowloaded DePbo into the ..Windows\System32 folder (as explained in the readme.DePbo.txt)

# Rightclick on a *.pbo and choose Open with, then point to the ExtractPbo\ExtractPbo.exe and mark the checkbox to always open this filetype with ExtractPbo.exe.

# Now each time you unpack a *.pbo by doubleclick you´ll recieve a clean unpacked file with *.p3ds, config.cpp and all other stuff from the pbo.

# There are of course much further ways to extract pbos and unrap config.bin's but this is a very conformable one.

you can find the files here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/mikero-pbodll

Later,

Allie

i did all of that, but anytime i try to open with, the only thing i get to choose is "ExtractAllPBO's. and when i choose that, like i said the command prompt comes up and nothing happens.

For some big pbo's it can take a while, nothing happens in the dos box while it is working.

Check your folder from where you extracted the PBO from, because if it opens(dosbox) and after few secs closes, it should have created a new folder with the extracted stuff.

Keep me posted, im here now

Allie

Alliexx, brilliant, those working files helped me a lot. The only thing I'm having trouble with now is getting clutter to work and setting sounds. I have grass that has hard ground sounds and no clutter at all.

Hi all,

Indeed my sample does not have a working clutter setup.

I'm really sorry for that, but....

Here's the sample of the clutters for 1 landscape texture.

class Clutter {

class GrassTall : DefaultClutter {

model = "ca\plants2\clutter\c_GrassTall.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.4;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 0.7;

scaleMax = 1.0;

};

class AutumnFlowers : DefaultClutter {

model = "ca\plants2\clutter\c_autumn_flowers.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.4;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 0.7;

scaleMax = 1.0;

};

class GrassBunch : DefaultClutter {

model = "ca\plants2\clutter\c_GrassBunch.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.35;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 0.6;

scaleMax = 1.0;

};

};

These are the 3 sample clutters we are going to use, these clutters are located in the plants2\clutter folder(see the paths)

class CfgSurfaces {

class Default {};

class Water {};

class xxGrasslong : Default {

access = ReadOnly;

files = "xx_travad2_*";

rough = 0.11;

dust = 0.1;

soundEnviron = "grass";

character = "xxTallGrassClutter";

soundHit = "soft_ground";

};

};

this is the initialization of the 1 grass texture we use in this sample, i have renamed the original textures with my own tag infront so in the future we wont have conflicts with other islands using the same default bis textures.

The grass texture i used is the "travad2_*" textures which i renamed to "XX_TRAVAD2_*", we are going to apply our clutters to this texture.

See the "soundhit = soft_ground" this is the defining of the sound when walking or driving on this (travad2) texture.

class CfgSurfaceCharacters {

class xxTallGrassClutter {

probability[] = {0.6, 0.5, 0.5};

names[] = {"GrassTall", "AutumnFlowers", "GrassBunch"};

};

};

In this part we define how our clutters need to be formed on our texture, as you can see we use 3 different clutters on 1 texture.

Inside the island config.cpp file is where you place this code.

I hope this will help you a little, remove all other defined clutters, surfaces and surfacecharacters from the sample config.cpp file and start with defining 1 clutter for 1 texture.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/6562/clutters.jpg

Later,

Allie

Edited by Alliexx

Oh ... can't thank you enough Alliexx, you're a life-saver man :D I think I'm finally understanding the config now. Thanks again, I'm excited about making a map again :)

Hi all, i better post this double, it became such a story, i bet more can learn from it.

To make an island for arma2 you need a couple of things, first of all you need the game Arma2 installed on your PC, then second, you need the arma tools installed on your pc.

The tools are actually a suite of tools, it contains more the 1 application, the installation it self is straight forward, just install everything , keep clicking next.

After installation of the tools you should have a new "virtual" harddrive called P.

On this P drive some folders and files are pre installed.

Now check the P:\CA folder, inside this folder you will probably see a Roads, roads2 and plants2 folder.

This P:\CA folder is the location where all "3d models" from the game will be stored, to have all the models from the game you have to manually put addons from arma to this folder, only then are you able to put these object on your island in Visitor.

Now how do you get all your addons from your game to this P:\CA folder ?

First you need some more tools, for this i recommend to read the part for this in the manual from SgtAce.

* How to Extract Pbo files?

* Dowload the latest Versions of ExtractPbo and DePbo by Mikero at DevHeaven

* Extract them to whereever you like, as long as YOU know where.....

* Move the DePbo.dll from the dowloaded DePbo into the ..Windows\System32 folder (as explained in the readme.DePbo.txt)

* Rightclick on a *.pbo and choose Open with, then point to the ExtractPbo\ExtractPbo.exe (remember where you saved it :) )and mark the checkbox to always open this filetype with ExtractPbo.exe.

* Now each time you unpack a *.pbo by doubleclick you´ll recieve a clean unpacked file with *.p3ds, config.cpp and all other stuff from the pbo.

* There are of course much further ways to extract pbos and unrap config.bin's but this is a very conformable one.

Link for dpbo and extractpbo: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/mikero-pbodll

If you have done this right you can now go to your game directory and go in the ADDONS folder "D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns"

Inside this directory you see a shht load of files ending with .pbo, all these files are containing models and other stuff which we need to start building an island.

Extract the folders you think you need, here is a picture off all my addons i extracted: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2711/addonsb.jpg

When you have extracted them you can put all the extracted folders in the P:\CA\ folder, but please note !!! the PLANTS2 and BUILDINGS folder need some special attention, asswell as the ROADS2 folder. The ROADS folder is actually the roads from the ARMA 1 game, as you see in my picture i do not use that.

Lets start with the PLANTS2 folder, best is to take SgtAce his manual again and quote him again:

* 1: Go to P:\CA\ and create a new folder called plants2.

* 2: Browse to your ArmA2 main directory/Addons folder and unpack the plants2_bush, plants2_clutter, plants2_misc, plants2_tree .pbo's

* 3: Rename this extracted folders by removing "plants2_" of the name.

* 4: Cut&Paste the bush, clutter, misc and tree folders to the new created P:\CA\plants2\ folder.

* 5: Do the same with the building2.pbo. This time Ind_Cementworks, needs to be inside Buildings2 !

* 6: Now extract the Ca.pbo but only Cut&Paste the stuff inside the extracted Ca.pbo to P:\CA\

sample picture of the plants2 layout : http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1020/plants2.jpg

sample picture of cementwork in buildings2 : http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6483/buildcement.jpg

As you can read he also mentioned the BUILDINGS2 folder in there, i did the same for that with the BUILDINGS2_Ind_CEMENTWORK one, check my picture, my Ind_cementwork is inside the buildings2 folder(same as plant ).

Also pay close attention to the CA addon, you do not copy the whole extracted ca folder but only the stuff inside, and it goes straight into the P:\CA folder.

ROADS2 folder !!!!!!!!!

Inside the pre installed roads2 folder are the "open" P3D files, when you extract the roads2 folder in your game addon folder, DON'T copy the CLOSED P3d files !!!!!!

DONT OVERRIDE YOUR OPEN ROADS2 P3D FILES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok first phase is done, we can still not start visitor, we need much more before we can begin.

To be able to make an island we have to have some data to work from, i mean you need to have an idea of what you want to build, what do you have as a reference?

Do you have a high definition satellite image, do you have a height map, and what kind of height map data do you have. You are able to make the terrain inside visitor, but trust me you do not want to try that. The 'u','i','j' and 'k' are the keys inside visitor to change terrain height, its ok to fine tune, but not to make an island with. There's more options inside visitor, but forget about them for now.

My personal option was google earth, because i bought a download tool for it so i'm able to download very high detailed pictures of unbelievable size. So that was my reference to work from. First i needed the size to be right and decide my pixel:size ratio.

So i ended up with a satellite picture of 20480X20480 pixels representing a game world of 20480 m X 20480 m, this is the whole island with the surrounding sea, my landmass is about 12X7km.

This is a very simplified situation i'm describing here, there's much more to an accurate calculation of size and game size and whatever you can think off, actually there is something called "blue edge TM" in visitor that gives more offset which has to be taken into account, but for me this is only a hobby for a game and i don't bother to much with precision !

Ok, smoked to much, lets presume you have like me only a satellite picture to start and make your island out off.

Then the next thing you need is the height map of your satellite map. Again more ways lead to Rome so i just point out 2 tools , they are called Wilbur and L3DT.

These tools are great to work with and to make whatever (height)terrain you can think off.

I read that you picked Wilbur.

When you are happy with your terrain in Wilbur you save it as TERRAIN.PNG, click yes when it ask to save in 16bit values. The size of that png should be for instance 1/10th of the size of your Satellite picture Size, it is not mandatory, but you do not want to much detail, but you will figure that out true trail by error dont worry.

Next is the correct project folder layout on your P drive, your projects folder whci holds all other files needed to run visitor with your island.

Things needed in your project folder on P are :

* A Terrain.png file (grey scale height image)

* A Terrain.pbl file ( config file used to import your terrain.png into visitor)

* A Sat_lco.png file ( this is the actual satellite picture which is used to make the landscape representing your picture.

* A Mask_lco.png file ( this file is the same size as your sat pic, but this one represent the textures, this is a picture with only rgb colors representing where what textures are used)

* A Maplegend.png file ( this file indexes the colors from the mask file )

* A Layers.cfg file ( this config defines the textures which will be used with our mask file)

And then you need a set of textures with config files, these textures can be borrowed from the game itself, for instance when you extract Utes or Charnacus, you can just use them.

One textures consist of 3 .paa files and a RVmat file, so when you use 4 different textures, you will have 12 .paa files and 4 rvmat files.

* A config.cpp file which holds all defines and values needed to pack your island before you can play it ingame.

Where to place them in your project folder is another thing, i do not have my game pc close at hand so i can not give you a sample picture, but i will upload a picture tonight in which you can see where to place all these files.

This is the basic layout : http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1686/basicpdrive.jpg

DO NOT GET CONFUSED about the ca folder on the "sample_tag" folder, this ca folder ONLY contains the config files from the P:\CA folder.

To get those config files all to the right location i again point out to SgtAce his manual:

# 1: Following now a quite important part where we make sure that we have working animations/ladders on our Terrain. For that we need the respective config files from each Object which we´re about to use within our terrain.

# 2: To do that we can easy create a small bat or use the windows command line: Navigate to the P:\ca folder and

# 3: Run the following dos command: xcopy *.cpp P:\<YourNamespace>\ca\ /S /Y Or manually move the cpps with the correct folder structur to your namespace

o If your not familiar with cmd then put this copy_cpp.bat in your P:\CA\ foldier and run it.

* This command creates a duplicate set of '\ca' folders under your namespace and copies only the config.cpp files to each subfolder.

* Read more about that in Synides Great Tutorial ArmA_Build_Environment_Setup

So that is the way to go for getting the ladders and stuff to work.

Now the rest of the files.

* All texture and Rvmat files go into the DATA folder in your project folder, so P:\Sample_tag\Sample_map\data.

* The sat_lco, mask_lco, Maplegend.png and the layers.cfg files go into the "source" folder so P:\Sample_tag\Sample_map\source

* The terrain.pbl and the terrain.png go into the terrain folder inside the source folder, and P:\Sample_tag\Sample_map\source\terrain

And then the most important file, the main config.cpp for the island, this file needs to be stored in the "sample_map" folder. P:\Sample_tag\Sample_map

This is about all you need before you can start Visitor.

Be advised that the RVMAT files and the CONFIG files need to be altered manually. Inside these files are paths defined which need to be changed so they represent the right paths. These files are mostly the cause of errors. !!!!!

Take a look at this : http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1130/datatextures.jpg

Mind that i have changed the .PAA files to .PNG files, i used "TexView2.exe" for that, just open the PAA and save as PNG.

All the rvmat files and the texture files (.png or .paa) are placed inside the P:\XX\entebbe\data folder ( see picture)

And here is a sample of one of the RVMAT files :

ambient[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};

diffuse[] = {0.9,0.9,0.9,1};

forcedDiffuse[] = {0.02,0.02,0.02,1};

specular[] = {0.0,0.0,0.0,0};

specularPower = 1; // specular interpolator must be enabled

emmisive[] = {0,0,0,0};

PixelShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuse";

VertexShaderID = "NormalMapDiffuseAlpha";

//surfaceInfo = "landtext\bumps.bisurf";

class Stage1

{ // normal map

texture="XX\entebbe\Data\xx_asfalt_detail_nopx.png ";

uvSource="tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {10,0,0};

up[] = {0,10,0};

dir[] = {0,0,10};

pos[] = {0,0,0};

};

};

class Stage2

{

texture="XX\entebbe\Data\xx_asfalt_detail_co.png";

uvSource="tex";

class uvTransform

{

aside[] = {10,0,0};

up[] = {0,10,0};

dir[] = {0,0,10};

pos[] = {0,0,0};

};

};

So the thing to manually update in the rvmat files are the PATHS !

Later,

Alphons

Edited by Alliexx

Great update Alliexx :)

And to anyone really new, don't forget that if - sorry, when, you get errors loading your map in ArmA2 or working in Visitor, read very carefully what the errors are, I once had an error like this:

Cannot load blabla in p:\daraisolas\daraisolas\data\layers\[texture].paa

I spent ages trying to work out why it was doing that, then eventually I thoroughly checked the error and found that I had two "daraisolas" in the path of an rvmat :D

Hello, Thank you SgtAce for this lesson

I just had two questions I ran into when doing this. I'm just starting this btw.

1. In the setup section where you explain how to extract the files, we extracted buildings2, and plants2, which is the entire folder, but then on line #6 it says to extract the Ca.pbo, but only cut, and paste the contents ...adding them to the root of the CA folder. Why are these not being placed in their own exclusive folder, or simply extracted as the bilding2, and plants2 were? I just didn’t understand the reason.

2. the other odd thing I noticed was, I just reinstalled the ArmA-II tools because my P drive was not showing up, the folder was there, but not the virtual drive. Well it was there, but when I restart my computer, it's always gone again until I click the mapdisk.bat. Is there any way to load this automatically when windows starts? Also, the virtual SATA-P-drive, when it is running, shows that it has 57GBs used space, and 232GBs free, (with the second number being the actual size of the entire drive). Yet, the contents inside it, (the same files that are in the ArmAWork directory) are only 28.5MBs. this behavior normal?

Thank you

Edited by starstreams

Is there already any information about how to get the CIV modules active on the custom maps? I dont have the modules active and i have seen some info in the configs of both utes and chernarus but i fail to see how i should do this. I have seen this question before without getting any answers. Does this mean the question is answered somewhere that i totaly missed or is it just unknown yet?

Sowhere i have to define there are something like CIV_VILLAGE and connect it to a location. Something like that i assume. But where and how??

Hi mate,

it seems you are the first busy with it, its all coming to you now :)

But what i undersand you are trying to get the civilian module to work so it spawns civic at doors of your building ?

I want to have that working on my island too, but i have not arrived at that topic yet.

Good luck, and let us know if you have it to work.

I myself have no idea yet on how it is done, but it should be some kind of config file or some.

Later,

Allie