Sign in to follow this  
Majick

Geforce 8800 GTS Users..

Hi All,

Have any people with 8800 GTS cards managed to get this working? I've adjusted fan setting and command line parameters as suggested on this forum with no luck. Crashes to desktop every time after less than 5 mins play.

Regards

Jon

I don't think the game engine likes the 8800 series cards. I had an 8800gts when Arma came out and I had nothing but problems with texture glitches and CTD's. Only after the latest couple of patches it was stable enough to play. There was countless threads with the same problems also at first. Hopefully future patches for Arma2 will address the same problems

I have the 8800GTS 512mb and i dont have any problems. I am using the latest drivers. Is your card overheating?

I'm also using the 8800GTS 512MB Card and I've not experienced any issues with the game at all - I've used a updated about 2/3 drivers since ARMA II has been released without issues either.

Yep using 2x 8800gts 320mb, latest drivers and never had a problem. Maybe its a lack of ram?

9800 GT perfectly stable here.

I have the 8800GTS 512mb and i dont have any problems. I am using the latest drivers. Is your card overheating?

Same here Havent had much problems.

I don't think the game engine likes the 8800 series cards. I had an 8800gts when Arma came out and I had nothing but problems with texture glitches and CTD's. Only after the latest couple of patches it was stable enough to play. There was countless threads with the same problems also at first. Hopefully future patches for Arma2 will address the same problems

hey,

I have the 4870 1GB and i'm not happy with it and thinking of switching to the GTX 260 core 216. How many FPS are you able to get?

I was having endless crashes with my 8800gt since the game was released.

I recently used Drive cleaner and installed the latest drivers, It's still crashing but only now and again and not every few minutes.

The problem for me is that I'm so fed up now I just can't be bothered with this game.

When I got A2 I had a Intel dual-core 3GHz, 2GB RAM and GTS8800 and I got around 20 FPS with settings on normal/low and ~2km VD.

Edit: And some stuttering from time to time.

no problems here with 8800gts 320mb. i used riva tuner slightly overclocked the card working fine here

I'm with you on this problem. Crashes within 5 minutes with my 8800 Ultra (768 MB). I've given up. Tried over a dozen drivers, all the tricks in the forums. Temp at 56 C. No overclocking the GPU. Have posted crash logs, etc at Developers Heaven, so I've done what I can.

System: XPS 720, Intel Core2 Extreme processor QX6850 (3.00GHz Overclocked to 3.33GHz) w/QuadCore Technology, 8MB Cache, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MH, 768MB nVidia GeForce 8800 Ultra, 150BG SATA HD (10,000 RPM), 500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM), Dell UltraSharp Wide 22

ArmA runs great - usually use 7 km view range without a problem!

Whole thing just makes me sick. What a waste of my time and money to this point. That will change if a patch fixes the problem. Not in the position to buy a new computer just to play ArmA2 at this point.

8800 GTS 320mb here... Loads of problem. Constant receiving bugs and bad performance. Tried 5-6 drivers, all A2patches and every single tweak there is.

I've a single 8800GTX.

I'm mostly on foot in Arma2 but recently I've been having a ball in Cobra helos and have increased the viewdistance whilst flying (from 1500 to 3000).

After flying for 10 minutes or so, I start getting the visual glitches you'd associate with overheating gfx. If I land quick and set the view distance low again, it recovers, but if I continue, it very soon locks up my machine.

The funny thing is that my 8800 is reporting a temp of 62 celsius which doesn't seem very hot to me. I wonder whether the quality of my power supply causes the problem as the resistance in the card increases with temperature. I do have a strange setup...

Main PSU - 560W, good quality

Secondary PSU - 330W, awful quality, sat on the floor & hotwired so it doesn't need a power button :)

Primary gfx - BFG 8800 GTX OC (receiving power from hotwired secondary PSU)

Secondary gfx - Radeon X700 Pro :D

Game resolution 3072x768 (Software TripleHead)

8800GT, no issue so far apart from very few CTD when testing beta on a vanilla server or on heavy user-made missions.

Perf is what I'd expect from the card, not great, but more than smooth enough (30FPS at medium settings mostly, 3Km VD)

Not that it'll help a lot, but I've had the same kind of issues when switching to 8800GT with A1 back in the days, then it got worse when I tried FC2. A complete windows reinstall worked like a charm, everything was perfect just after.

Not saying it's the ultimate solution or you guys doing anything wrong, just stating my experience

Give 182.50 and a fresh XP32b a go, if you have troubles.

Make sure to update correctly. First MB, next directX, followed by GPU

and very last sound.

BFG8800GTS 512

You must run all at normal or below as the card is only 512.

Settings are all norm for me no post, low shadows and the card runs well athough every couple of hours you need to restart the game to free up the memory leak.

hey,

I have the 4870 1GB and i'm not happy with it and thinking of switching to the GTX 260 core 216. How many FPS are you able to get?

well I usually get ~30 average, usually never drops below 25. I have everything maxed except PP and terrain detail. But I do only run at 1280x1024 since that's my monitors native res. I would think that a 4870 would be about the same? I'm not sure if you'll see a huge improvement (unless you just don't want ATI)

hey,

i'm running 1650x1050

all normal, high shadow, 100% 3D resolution, VD 1600 between 25-35, i'm able to hit the 40s if i overclock. I looked at the benchmark and sometimes ati wins other times nVidia! i think i'll stick with ati just to crossfire in the future.

Hi All,

Have any people with 8800 GTS cards managed to get this working? I've adjusted fan setting and command line parameters as suggested on this forum with no luck. Crashes to desktop every time after less than 5 mins play.

Regards

Jon

PLEASE stay on Topic this is about his 8800GTS.