Sign in to follow this  
Jaenus

MP server list: ADD A "FAVORITES"

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but it never hurts to be reminded (not to mention, anyone else notice the search engine always brings up the same few posts no matter what you search? WTB better search engine!)

---

There should be an option to FAVORITE or REMEMBER a server. It's simple enough and is a big help. Maybe even a HISTORY section too so if you play on a sweet server but then tomorrow forget which one, DON'T WORRY! Just check the history!

I wanted to post a the same suggestion but thought it would have already been asked (I've not searched).

So I'll add my support to this post

+1

Yeah, definately needed feature... I do believe that Gamespy does support that in fact.

I would rather have a possibility to give a server a rating and sort by this value. Say default 0, ranging from -5 to +5. This could be further expanded to allow server admins to gather information about "what do the public think about our server" (gathered on a central server, gamespy or whatever) and see how they rate. Nobody is going to say it to the face of the server admin that "I don't like your server because.....", but I believe a rating could prove useful for the admin to check if anything needs to be done. I don't know.

A HISTORY tab of servers you've played on would be nice also.

I don't know if it's possible without a master server. but Battlefield 2142 has a FRIENDS tab that allows you to see which servers they are on and join it.

Can we get a shit list too please, in fact once I add all of those the rest are favorites. ;)

This doesn't even have to be something gamespy supports or not. Simply press the add to favourites button and it can create a text file inside your ArmA2 users folder that has the IP:Port of the server. Then when you change the filter to favourites, it only queries servers from that text file.