Sign in to follow this  
the iceman

Cadet/veteran difficulty options?

Can anybody please explain to me what all the options means in "Difficulty" for cadet and veteran? I have a dutch manual and they don't explain anything on this issue. Thanks in advance.... biggrin.gif

Cadet= difficulty setting for n00bs. It has the waypoint markers ad other crap.

I mean can anybody explain the options, what there stand for....thanks confused.gif

Extended armour: If enabled, the vehicles will take less damage then they would if disabled.

Frindly tag: If enabled, the name of the soldier in your crosshair will pop up if he is frindly.

Enemy tag: If enabled, the name of the soldier in your crosshair will pop up if he is an enemy.

Extended HUD info: If enabled, waypoints will be shown on the screen with order and distance.

Auto report: If enabled, you will automaticly report enemies to your group, sometimes even if you cant see them.

Extended map info: If enabled, it will show you, enemies and friendlies on the map.

Weapon crosshair: If enabled there will be a crosshair shown on the screen when not zoomed to weapon view.

Auto guide AT: If enabled, you can lock Carl Gustav and AT on enemy tanks (like you do with AA on air), instead of having to guide them with your weapon.(Not sure about this one)

Clock indicator: I dont know what this one does.

3rd person view: If enabled, you can look in 3rd person view and the command view, instead of just 1st person view like when disabled.

Riffle bullet tracers: If enabled, you will be able to see the bullets flying through the air looking like yellow lines.

Super AI: If enabled, it will make the AIs super AIs. The AIs will be better then if disabled.

The clock indicator is the thing that helps you locate where to look when someone says Target 7 o-clock etc...

Since these directions depend on the way the 'reporting' soldier is looking (so it's different from you 'own' 7 o-clock), it's best to leave it on.

Thanks Inq Wiper, Damage inc and Sith for the info!!! I thought that one of these futures maybe put your own position on the map, but you have to do this by yourself by looking at houses, hills and objects to pinpoint your position. Thanks again.... wink.gif

I play on veteran mode, then again I've been playing since August of last year. Just play in Veteran mode, its much much more realistic and a lot more satisfying...

I also go to play it in veteran mode, its more realistic than cadet mode, with tags on, auto report etc...