Sign in to follow this  
jgdj19

Unwanted weapon change in A-Helos

Hey guys.

When in the attack helicopter I regularly choose manual fire because it takes the gunner too long to say all his radio chatter before he actually fires the weapon you tell him too.

However, when manual fire is selected, he seems to change what weapon is selected even if I havn't asked him too. What I mean is:

Say for example, I am appraching a jeep to shoot it with the helicopters cannon. I have the cannon selected. I fly up to where the jeep is, the gunenr spots it, calls it out and then suddenly my weapon is changed to hellfire or something.

I think he changes the weapon after he spots new targets.

This is a problem because often I am hovering around, cycling throughj targets with helfire selected and looking for AA, and then the gunner spots something else, I target the AA, and suddenly I have stinger or rockets selected.

Does anyone know:

1) Is this a known bug, and has it been reported?

2) Am I doing anythign wrong?

3) Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Im having the same problem jgdj19 I have also noticed it in the beta patches it is very iterating.

This is a well known bug that has been mentioned a lot lately

Fair enough, i did search for it but no luck finding any info. So no workaround?

Ai gunner does this in jets too, i've gone to fire cannon instead fire s-8s in an su34, its even come to the point where the AI gunner decides to shoot himself even though its in manual fire, just don't have an AI gunner.

The only workaround is to land and execute the gunner.

definatly satisfying.

I would be nice to have the gunner there to track tragets with the cannon though, like troops and soft cars