Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

kinda feel awkward jumping into the conversation like this but suhsjake is right about the 113 and his sources, if im not mistaken are from being in the army, and i can back him up with that claim because i myself am an infantryman in the army. Now back on topic, Bink love the acu units, also glad to have an actual 240b(thanks vilas) I was getting tired of using the 240g.

You're right, it is, but I just can't stand people talking out of their arse. Suhsjake, provide your sources, please.

Bink, I presented the question elsewhere, but don't recall seeing an answer:

Why are you using the HSGI Woosatch A variant for your special forces guys? Most of what I had seen was a CIRAS or an Eagle MBAV. For the sake of realism, I wouldn't use the HSGI Woosatch, considering its not part of the SFLCS kit. The earpro is spot on though, good to go.

Also, as just a suggestion, other than making a reskin for the MC troops, maybe you should update their equipment? With MC being a potential camo for the Army, I don't see them continuing to use the same old SDS crap like the FLC on their kit. Maybe try the KDH plate carrier in MC or something?(even though it pisses me off that KDH got the contract over Eagle).

Here are some pics of the KDH plate carrier that the Army has chosen:

http://www.army.mil/-images/2009/10/15/53328/army.mil-53328-2009-10-16-111005.jpg

http://www.army.mil/-images/2009/10/15/53329/army.mil-53329-2009-10-16-111010.jpg

*WARNING* Those pics are kind of large, might take a minute to load.

I'm just lazy, and don't have the time to be honest. Put that together in a few minutes (my SF anyway). I'll probably end up changing it eventually. Not to sure yet.

could you perhaps provide the specific names of the custom weapons the units have in the readme?

could you perhaps provide the specific names of the custom weapons the units have in the readme?

Will do. I'll post it up tonight, going out with my girlfriend. Once I'm back I'll post it up. Thanks for reminding me.

bink its any way if you have any time on your hands to do couple soldiers with berets and army caps

Will do. I'll post it up tonight, going out with my girlfriend. Once I'm back I'll post it up. Thanks for reminding me.

Oh,it seems you played late at night...:)

Something bugging me, all the M4's are firing full auto, and all the Army M4's I've seen only fire on semi and burst.

The M4A1 has a "S-1-F" (safe/semi-automatic/fully automatic) trigger group, while the M4 has a "S-1-3" (safe/semi-automatic/3-round burst) trigger group.

-From the M4 Wikipedia page

Yeah, I know that, but the army doesn't issue the M4A1 on a wide scale. I'm basing this on my unit, the 1st ID, and the rifles carried by the 1-87 infantry Rakkasans of the 101st Airborne Div, whose M4's I've seen and held in my hand, and have semi and burst firing modes. That, and the army got away from full auto after the M16A1 and the Vietnam war because soldiers were firing without aiming, just spraying rounds in the direction of the enemy. The US Army is one of the best fighting forces for accurate fire, because we drill careful marksmanship, and DON'T have a full auto setting on our assault rifles.

My unit as well as the M4's with semi / 3 round burst. Unfortunately, in ArmA2. The only class that they made was the M4A1. Unlike in ArmA1 where there was the M4 and M4A1. We'll just have to deal until well, someone modifies it.

having full auto can really help if you're in a pickle, but a burst option for longer ranges could help, too

You can't miss too fast, to win.

STGN

Hey Binkowski, what do you think about making something like this:

the-hurt-locker-pic.jpg

I saw it in the Movie Hurt Locker, would be dam cool to have such an BombDefuseSuite

(In the movie its used by the us army or am i wrong?)

Will you make any US troops for early 90's or in 80's for future plan?

Clawhammer, those suits are only worn by EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) units, a very specialized MOS. But yes, the Army uses them for that.

Is this signed for online use? im currently on a coop with these units.

Yes it is. You can download my public BIKEY from here. I used to have it hosted on OFPEC, but that data loss that happened a few days ago made me loose it.

Just been busy solarghost, with everything. Haven't made any real "strides" per-se on these units. Or any of my projects for that matter. I'll post up more when, well. I have more time.

I found much more Shadow issues:

arma22009111418142128d0be20d9jpg.jpgarma220091114181431878c8f4b24jpg.jpgarma22009111418232218f50e5882jpg.jpg

Is it my fault that i have this? Or is it an addon sided bug tough?

Thanks for help!

(Same issue with ArmA2 without any Addons)

Edited by Clawhammer

hey, can you make sniper like more that?

061019-A-7603F-151_PG.jpg

Edited by maza94

as i know, US military have also some more camo, do you think you could make :

- tricolor units DCU ?

- navy digital camo ?

- USAF digital tiger ?

People always love "special forces" "marines", while a lot of more soldiers units are present i.r.l.