Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

Erhm, looks like it's 2 links and the third is a demo mission so no, just 2. You'll need the actual large file that contain the units and then the replacement file which will tell Arma2 to replace the default units.

if is possible to add shoulder protections and new backpacks on next update it would be awensome:bounce3: .... and add radio operator and breacher but these last two only in my dreams maybe:icon6:

if is possible to add shoulder protections and new backpacks on next update it would be awensome:bounce3: .... and add radio operator and breacher but these last two only in my dreams maybe:icon6:

DAPS may come in the next release, as well as even more classes and groups! Thanks for the request, it has been noted.

When you fight against those terrorists, what supporting vehicles you really use in those actual actions generally? I think you won't take Bradley AFV as such things? Now in game, I just give your soldiers Hamma cars to make such operations.

Depends where you are fighting at: In Iraq, HMMWVs, MRAPs, Bradleys, Strykers, Abrams are very common in support operations. In Afghanistan, the roads that can support heavy vehicles are few and helicopters are more commonly used along with HMMWVs and foot movements.

DAPS may come in the next release, as well as even more classes and groups! Thanks for the request, it has been noted.

thanks for the fast answer:bounce3: waiting for see what will comes out in next release:D

Just an update, expect a release today, or Monday. I have drill this weekend so no progress will be made on Saturday or Sunday. But here is just a teaser of the changes.

-Uniformed Textures

-Added Clan Support (Clan Patch will appear where the patch appears in real life)

-New units including radiomen, demolitions, etc. just to name a few.

Stay tuned!

Ya more classes are vary much well met, are there any tank crew in the making or chopper pilots?

The actual term for Radiomen is Radio Telephone Operator (RTO or ROTELO). Very nice work Bink.

Great, you always have a surprise to us from time to time! But be careful to get a drill and really important in the future fight. Just like in games, oh, too bloody...

Thanks guys, I'm just going to post this up before I leave. I have made good progress, textures now are looking good (still haven't fixed the puzzling blur problem) Expect a release some time next week / weekend.

Binkowski where you getting that puzzling blur? in buldozer or ingame or both?

I get this problem in both buldozer and in game, I sort of found a fix for it. But it's not the best. Also, thanks for finding the fix for the 'Old Style Material Flags' problem. Expect a new update today or tomorrow!

The units are amazing but they face a bug that was very present in arma 1 version of cameron mcdonald's original ones. At a certain distance the units grow a weird stem off their legs into the ground that follows them. I don't expect you to fix that since its been there in all spin offs of Cameron's Us army 1st infantry units of arma 1.

The units are amazing but they face a bug that was very present in arma 1 version of cameron mcdonald's original ones. At a certain distance the units grow a weird stem off their legs into the ground that follows them. I don't expect you to fix that since its been there in all spin offs of Cameron's Us army 1st infantry units of arma 1.

I'll look into it and see if I can find a fix. Anyway, new release and update should come soon with some new units, bug fixes, etc.

Hey Bink, the Army might be getting new helmets capable of stopping 7.62mm rounds and its made out of plastic:

Army Times Article

Anyone willing to model one for me?

There's even talk of scrapping the current ACU camo. Contenders include Multicam, and a MARPAT-esque updated version of the current camo.

Edited by echo1

Anyone willing to model one for me?

could be converted in arma 2 the old acu helmet of jonny special forces.. i think its similar to new helmets.. just an idea:D

could be converted in arma 2 the old acu helmet of jonny special forces.. i think its similar to new helmets.. just an idea:D

I'd have to get the files from Jonny, and some of us know how hard that can be. Currently they wear ACH, hoping to update this in future releases. And if I don't, well the savior of us all "Operation Arrowhead" will have it.

I'm very fond of the ACUPAT camo. It gives the army a unique look away from the other branches. Where before the Digital design was sent out both marines and army were pretty identical. Hopefully the change from ACUPAT to something else will be a very long time. I'm also fond of the camo design the US army uses in Battlefield BC. Which looks like it uses an octagonal pattern with 3 or 4 different shades of forest green.

BFBC was a good game, but it would have been cooler if they'd used ACU. I'm a big ACUPAT fan myself, which is why I'm so glad Binkowski's units exist!

I'm very fond of the ACUPAT camo. It gives the army a unique look away from the other branches. Where before the Digital design was sent out both marines and army were pretty identical. Hopefully the change from ACUPAT to something else will be a very long time. I'm also fond of the camo design the US army uses in Battlefield BC. Which looks like it uses an octagonal pattern with 3 or 4 different shades of forest green.

The uniform doesn't work as designed. The purpose of the uniform is to increase the difficulty of being spotted by the enemy, not look different than other branches of the military. All branches should adopt the same pattern. Wear different insignia if they like, but wear the same uniform. Especially the Army and Marines since they're in the same places doing the same thing.

I hope they get rid of the ACU as fast as possible.