Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

I think he meant to write something then deleted it, so edited it out.

While everyone is on the backpacks....

As with in ARMA 1 the backpacks appear to "wobble" when the player runs whereas if you look at the ARMA 2 backpacks the dont (move as a whole).

Hopefully that makes sense but if you want to get it like the ARMA 2 ones remove ALL the selections for the backpack and add it only to Spine2 (add the part of the strap that is attatched to the backpack too).

If that needs more explaining just say :)

Matt

Thanks for the information, I will fix them by the next release!

The textures are quite good, but the sample mission is completly awful, don't even bother trying it.

I'm looking forward to play one of your missions asap.

Thanks Matt, I just updated my LODs and am going to test them and see what the result is, I've also updated the RVMATS, however I'm still needing some help with texturing. If anyone wants to help, please PM me!

Perfect, and very nice US army in the lastest style of uniform! Only wish is whether you could add some officers in next patch? Such as lieutant, Junior Lieutant or captain and won't be difficult to do that I think. By way, have you changed ARMA1 hands to ARMA2 from BIS example models? I also tried to do that for some personal models but got a very serious problem after copying ARAM2 hands and pasting them on ARMA1. You could only see your foot after such alteration. Maybe you could give some suggestions to fix such issue?

Perfect, and very nice US army in the lastest style of uniform! Only wish is whether you could add some officers in next patch? Such as lieutant, Junior Lieutant or captain and won't be difficult to do that I think. By way, have you changed ARMA1 hands to ARMA2 from BIS example models? I also tried to do that for some personal models but got a very serious problem after copying ARAM2 hands and pasting them on ARMA1. You could only see your foot after such alteration. Maybe you could give some suggestions to fix such issue?

Thank you, yes I do plan on adding officers into the next release, probably platoon and company commanders (2LT, 1LT, CPT) also, yes I have changed the hands to the current ArmA2 models, no problems here on my end. Make sure you have everything correct, and you path the RVMATS and textures correctly.

hey Binkowski, perhaps you could talk to Schnapsdrosel in regards to that door gunner unit. I know that he has done a pilot's visor and mask for his Mercs addon:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=80944 (see the 2nd pic)

With a bit of tweaking of the mask (removing hose etc) you could probably create that unit (I'm no expert in this matter). I guess I was just thinking that combining his pilot head and your ACU body would be pretty damn sweet. :)

Don't confuse the fighter pilot helmet (HGU-XXX) with the HGU-56P ;) . But i'm sure Binkowski has an eye for detail so i'm not afraid.

Anyway, Binkowski in case you are up for an Air Warrior type of pilot/crew, please contact me. I have a helmet that needs a body :p .

PS: Skyped you some other reference material yesterday regarding an alternative pants and knee/arm pads. Not sure if you received it...

Thanks DaSquade, I messaged you on Skype, just waiting for you to get back!

I'm not sure if any else has noticed this but I've been getting a ton of CTD's while playing Blue October, which is a damn fun mission by the way. The game just crashes but there's no errors after the CTD. But when I open up the .rpt file I have an "out of memory" error. This is quite odd for me because I just don't ever see this error during my A2 time. It ain't my system cause is well past any recommendations and until I played this mission and DL'd the newest ACU version, had not had any problems.

I'm not sure if it has to do with this AddOn or mission specific or something else entirely but I wanted to bring this up. I encounter this CTD every few minutes during the mission and just before it happens I get a slow down in the game.

Another thing I've recently noticed is some textures going away or loading very slowly on certain team members during this mission. I'm using the most current beta build but it also happens on v1.03.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Besides this I'm diggin' having the Army in A2 but don't tell anyone. Great job Binkowski and thanks to Wolle for the mission. Not sure what that guy was talking about, it's pretty damn fun.

Edited by Manzilla

I'm not sure if any else has noticed this but I've been getting a ton of CTD's while playing Blue October, which is a damn fun mission by the way. The game just crashes but there's no errors after the CTD. But when I open up the .rpt file I have an "out of memory" error. This is quite odd for me because I just don't ever see this error during my A2 time. It ain't my system cause is well past any recommendations and until I played this mission and DL'd the newest ACU version, had not had any problems.

I'm not sure if it has to do with this AddOn or mission specific or something else entirely but I wanted to bring this up. I encounter this CTD every few minutes during the mission and just before it happens I get a slow down in the game.

Another thing I've recently noticed is some textures going away or loading very slowly on certain team members during this mission. I'm using the most current beta build but it also happens on v1.03.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Besides this I'm diggin' having the Army in A2 but don't tell anyone. Great job Binkowski and thanks to Wolle for the mission. Not sure what that guy was talking about, it's pretty damn fun.

yup i got the same thing. got thru the awesome intro, loaded up in the humvees and made it about 2 minutes then everything dropped to 5fps and i CTD'd.

Hmm...I'll check that out and see what's the problem. I'll release an updated version as soon as possible.

Thanks. I just played a few other missions and there's no problems with A2 at all. They were really large missions too.

Even with CTD's I've still been playing the mission and it's a damn good one.

Yeah Manzilla, the textures do appear blurry / slow to load. I'm not sure what's causing this....I need to look into it.

Binkowski, you ever gonna release those Rangers? I wanna use them in a joint ops with these units.

Binkowski, you ever gonna release those Rangers? I wanna use them in a joint ops with these units.

Rangers are still WIP as well as some Army Special Forces, not sure when they'll be done. I'll keep you posted.

I think you're in service in the army currently? In that case, we could be sure you are bring us the most realistic stuff of US Army, just like what you've released. Really well done!

I think you're in service in the army currently? In that case, we could be sure you are bring us the most realistic stuff of US Army, just like what you've released. Really well done!

Yes I currently am in service. I'm trying to bring you the latest gear. I'll include more in the next update, I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Probably the stupidest question... with this Mod I can play singleplayer campaign as US Army? I mean not just for the mission edition right?

Probably the stupidest question... with this Mod I can play singleplayer campaign as US Army? I mean not just for the mission edition right?

The replacement pack version will do as you request.