Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

can you please change the backpacks of the gunner and the medic with the those of arma2 please...in your next release coz arma1 backpacks are really null..
I would like to see this too, if possible, thanks. :)

Except the Army and the Marines use two different style rucksacks and assault bags, therefore unrealistic. But hey its up to Bink.

Except the Army and the Marines use two different style rucksacks and assault bags, therefore unrealistic. But hey its up to Bink.
But ArmA2 backpacks looks better..:p

I'll ponder on that thought for awhile. I like my addons to be as realistic as possible, and would hate to see a US Army soldier wearing a USMC ruck, it just doesn't match. Anyway, I'll keep that in mind for the next release.

Can the blinking and lip sync be added? Great job otherwise, they're really nice.

Can the blinking and lip sync be added? Great job otherwise, they're really nice.

Yes, this has been added. It's just the new head models with ArmA2, they will be here in the next release, just be patient!

Yes, this has been added. It's just the new head models with ArmA2, they will be here in the next release, just be patient!

sick. i think this may have been mentioned before, but are you planning any units with goggles on their faces (if theres a way to override the user's glasses choice perhaps?)

Binkowski

I'll ponder on that thought for awhile. I like my addons to be as realistic as possible, and would hate to see a US Army soldier wearing a USMC ruck, it just doesn't match. Anyway, I'll keep that in mind for the next release

arma 1 backpacks are not realistic :D:D:D...it would be great if you can do something about it...thks...:yay:

We'll see. Expect a new patch this weekend.

Patch 1.2 is here, check the frontpage for more information!

Vary nice units. Keep up that good work, iv been looking at there helmets and they look vary different then the USMC vanilla BIS ones. They are much tighter like an bowl and kind of like an brit helmet in front just looks weird. Patch on the right arm the velcro one sages down to far it should be less saggy. CameronMcDonald made some vary good units vary well made the upper body armor was just awsome could get some tips on them about patch and upper armor for your units.

Vary nice units. Keep up that good work, iv been looking at there helmets and they look vary different then the USMC vanilla BIS ones. They are much tighter like an bowl and kind of like an brit helmet in front just looks weird. Patch on the right arm the velcro one sages down to far it should be less saggy. CameronMcDonald made some vary good units vary well made the upper body armor was just awsome could get some tips on them about patch and upper armor for your units.

The helmets look different because they are :) USMC use the Lightweight helmet (almost visually the same as the old PASGT) but the US Army uses the ACH which is much smaller.

I think Binkowski did use Cameron McDonald's textures too.

The helmets look different because they are :) USMC use the Lightweight helmet (almost visually the same as the old PASGT) but the US Army uses the ACH which is much smaller.

I think Binkowski did use Cameron McDonald's textures too.

Yes you are right about the helmets the army use the MICH and ACH helmets mainly the ACH kinda got use to them PASGT ones:biggrin_o: but there is no Cameron McDonld's uppper body armor so i dont know if Binkowski is useing CM textures, i dont see any upper body armor nor the velcro patch of CM textures talking about the interceptor body armor its in two parts deltoid wich is upper arm and axillary the under arm of the armor. Here is an link with more info. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/interceptor.htm

I use the IOTV / IBA system. Not just IBA, we also wear the IOTV although it isn't as common as the IBA.

I know this, I wear the IBA, although I'd prefer to use the IOTV, but the thing is. The IOTV is given to troops in Afghanistan. (Some, not all) SO not every single troop uses the IBA. Also, my units have a mix and variety.

great update! loving the goggles :D

you know what would be sweet? this...

mp_main_wide_SpcJoeGrabrick.jpg

a door gunner class!

Edited by AnimalMother92

AnimalMother92 I totally agree, that'd be awesome! But I think modelling and texturing that single unit would take the same time as doing whole US Army 2009 over again from scratch.

The textures are quite good, but the sample mission is completly awful, don't even bother trying it.

The textures are quite good, but the sample mission is completly awful, don't even bother trying it.

Try the SP_BlueOctoberv1 in my Nostalgia pack, W0lle did a good job on the current CO16 mission. Anyway, YES AnimalMother I would LOVE to do that, but like Cole said, it would be like re-doing everything but you know, I'm always up for a challenge.

Hi Binkowski thanks for a new Version :-)

Your addon is getting better every day :yay:

I have an ask about the googles of the Automatic Machingunner, @ me they are shiney, so shiney that when the MGGunner stand in the Shadow you see the googles in 100km away, can you reduce this or is it a grafical bug by my Graficcard

Here an Picture of what i mean:

Unbenannt42fdf4b4JPG.jpg

Maybe you can make it more transparent or less shiney would be awesome :)

@Clawhammer

No it's not a graphical bug, It must be something to do with my old sklo-pass.rvmat file, I'll try to fix this for next version! Thank you for reporting it!

edit.

Just a question...what what the point of this post?