Sign in to follow this  
Psykedeeli

Help needed [with triggers and ied's]

Hey!

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but:

I'm not that familiar with scripting, so I've only used the editor. I've made few very simple (but fun) missions for me and my friend, but I'd like to know how can I end the mission? For example: My convoy is heading from location A to location B. There is all kind of resistance on the way but I want the mission to finish after I've reached the location B. How can I do that?

Yes, I know I have to use triggers, but what do I write to "condition" field or to "on act" field? And I have to use end 1-6.. but how?..

2nd question:

I'd like to create a car bomb that explodes when someone passes it.. I've read many threads of that..

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83557

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1381094

...but I still have problems with blowing up things. I did what they told, but I still don't get explosions :( I don't understand.. Any ideas?

For the end, could you make a trigger, and group it to all of the vehicles? Set it to present, and End. This should then make it so that if one of the vehicles cross the trigger, it ends the mission. dont think it needs any special codes in the cond or act fields.

I've yet to make a mission end yet though, so please, anyone correct me if im wrong :p

Not sure about #2. Im gona be learning this myself soon, so im as much in the dark as you :)

i have an perfect realistic IED system that works exactly how you said, i will release it tomorow.

thats easy mate. Create a trigger around your point location B(at your destination) that the convoy is getting to. Put trigger radius as big as you want it. like Axis A 100 and axis B 100 or whatever you want. Put Activation on Blufor (thats YOU or any of your allies). Put as PRESENT. Then make your time with say 10 seconds after you reach that point. Below Activation is > Timeout, put min=10,mid=10, max=10. Below that is TYPE put end#1. Siimple as that. You can make your axis how ever big you want it. Make a marker on your map for fun to for somewhere to reach and name it. end#1 meens its all over, itll finish. You need to know SOME scripting if you want to do more complex stuff.

Also try go to effects down the bottom, you can put text in if you want at the end just before the closing screen comes. Type=text and effect=plain or you can try a few other combinations here. Now in the black box underneath type what you want it to say. You can also put music effects from this page and many other things.

Edited by nyran125

Thanks nyran and Fenrir. It worked :) And I got the IED to work :) lucilk, I'm waiting ;)

How can I get AI into MTVR (in cargo)? The problem is.. ..I know how to get a group into MTVR, but then the MTVR will follow the squad leader.. I want the squad into MTVR and I want MTVR to follow one specific car. How?

EDIT. Hmm.. It can be done by using waypoint.. But if I want the squad to start the game inside mtvr, how can I do that?

Edited by Psykedeeli

How can I get AI into MTVR (in cargo)? The problem is.. ..I know how to get a group into MTVR, but then the MTVR will follow the squad leader.. I want the squad into MTVR and I want MTVR to follow one specific car. How?

{_x moveincargo my_mtvr} foreach units group this

in the init line of group leader, if my_mtvr is the name of the mtvr.

well. i dont think you can make it follow the car... but you can make the guy in the car squad leader for the time you want the MTVR to follow and its still ok, after that just change the leader.

i am working on the IED thing now.