Sign in to follow this  
koroush47

Your Funny/Amazing/Sad/Stupid ARMA 2 Sniper Stories!!

Keep it to PVP only... Killing AI is just not fun, doubt the stories will be also.

This happened to me today: I Was playing AAS on that huge 90 man server...

I got my M24, ghillie suit, and Silenced M9 and headed out for the enemies first capture point. I told the pilot to drop me off at the trees and I used HALO to get down. After being shot at by an APC/Tank (not sure what it was too busy running) I finally found refuge in the forest line and crawled until I found the perfect spot over Stary Sorbor.

I'm sitting here for 5 minutes and I see a car with russians coming up. The 3 guys get out and take cover while fighting our guys and one of them stay inside the automatic grenade launcher thing that it has.

I think to myself that This guy is going to rape all of us with that thing (its seriously the cheapest gun in the game) so hes shooting his grenades and killing our guys so I decide to take action..

I was pretty close so I took the Aim two dots down and had a great shot on the guy.. I shoot but all I hear is "Click" :confused:

:mad: I forgot to take ammo with me. :mad: So I try to run up to the guy with my M9 and shoot him and I get shot at and my guy goes prone and won't get up. Then I get sick of ARMA and exit the game and type this. :D

How about you guys?

Last night I was on the Russian team and we were in a stalemate defending our most forward town while the American team would try hiding in a treeline on the other side of the valley. I walked up to some wooded hills to the west and started hearing the sound of a .50 caliber sniper rifle so I knew an enemy had snuck over and was sniping us from nearby. I kept making my way towards the sound, feeling nervous because the server had grass forced on. Suddenly I saw movement right next to me as a .50 caliber rifle swung my way. I opened up on the guy full auto and luckily killed him before he got me.

I was a Russian in a vehicle with a grenade launcher. The team that took me to Stary Sorbor had evacuated the car since one of them spotted a sniper up in the woods. While I'm picking my targets.......I hear a "click" coming from the woods where the sniper might be, thought "how sad".

:eek:

:mad: I forgot to take ammo with me. :mad: So I try to run up to the guy with my M9 and shoot him and I get shot at and my guy goes prone and won't get up. Then I get sick of ARMA and exit the game and type this. :D

How about you guys?

We don't forget to take ammo :D

The following happened in Berzerk:Sobor:

I was lying pretty well concealed in a bush well away from the combat, taking my time engaging only "sure" targets, when suddenly an enemy M1A1 pulled up right in front of me. At this point I had no doubt he had located me and death was near, as I had foolishy taken several shots from the same spot, but to my amazement he rolled right past and started hammering targets in the town. I just happened to have one satchel with me, and the situation was defused with a quick sprint over to the tank followed by a big explosion :)

I was playing in the Charlie Foxtrot battle tonight, and something I found quite humorous happened to me.

An enemy BTR showed up and starting firing like hell at me. Just me, no one else around. I dropped behind a bush and they continued to fire it. I didn't get shot at all.

Then they started to pound me with grenades, none of which hit me. Somehow they still managed to think I was alive after all of that, and started to take action.

Stupid me went from prone to crouch and as soon as I did, all I saw was the front of the BTR smacking into me and sending me into a tree...

... Not my best moment.

Hi all

I like spending time slotting snipers in ArmA II PvP their big guns make such a big noise it is easy to audio locate them. I sneak up behind them and slot them with a silenced pistol shot to the medulla.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

i love running around huge laggy servers shotgunning snipers in the woods =)

as for my sniping, well, im not a huge sniper fan. I usually just use acogs.

During a mod test on a private server one of the more naive team members decides to camp out on a ridgetop near a runway and start sniping at other players with a .50 cal.

I stealth out of the airbase in the other direction and take cover on opposing ridge in the trees with a M24. And see him hiding in some shrubs right away thanks to him leaving an IR strobe running. He takes 5 shots at me and missed every time. I estimated his range at 550m, adjusted my scope's MOA offset and nailed him in one shot. Easy pickings.

Edited by Evil_Echo

i was playing an AAS game on BMF server and im hiding in the woods about to take a shot from the most awesome sniper nest ive just spent 10 minutes crawling to.im playing american side when one of my own team starts shooting at me from about 400 meters in an LAV using his mg.im like wtf,i crawl back into the woods so i can type him a STOP SHOOTING ME message.i look to my right and like five feet away i see what he was shooting at,a fricken russian sniper in my sniper nest.he sees me at the same time and we both panic fire killing each other,i was laughing my ass off.

i was playing an AAS game on BMF server and im hiding in the woods about to take a shot from the most awesome sniper nest ive just spent 10 minutes crawling to.im playing american side when one of my own team starts shooting at me from about 400 meters in an LAV using his mg.im like wtf,i crawl back into the woods so i can type him a STOP SHOOTING ME message.i look to my right and like five feet away i see what he was shooting at,a fricken russian sniper in my sniper nest.he sees me at the same time and we both panic fire killing each other,i was laughing my ass off.

Oh man that is annouying.

I've been teamkilled more than having the enemy kill me when sniping.

ARMA 2 is a great game but some people who play are just plain noobs.. (it's like that in all games)

All they need to do is push spacebar and check if it is an ally or enemy. A prone sniper isn't going anywhere, don't know why they are in such a hurry.