Sign in to follow this  
triangle

Newest beta sorts receiving bug?

I built a 2nd machine this week for LAN play when buddies visit - Q9550, 4gb RAM, GTX285, 500Gb HD, 600watt PSU, Vista 64bit etc.

My friend and I played MP Arma2 (I bought a 2nd copy today) with him on the new machine and he was plagued with the receiving bug constantly until we installed the latest beta (58899) and since then, not a single recurrence. Now, either we were very lucky or the beta has sorted the issue but I figured it would be good to let others know our experience.

Triangle

I get constant receiving bugs with the beta... every single time I play.

I never get that problem. I got it once with the 1.00 or 1.01 version. Wonder whats causing it.

Never had it before with 1.00 - 1.03 but while testing latest builds (58899 - 58972) on-line I now experienced it several times. Maybe it's because I'm using beta builds on a public 1.03 dedicated server? If not, things are going from bad to worse on my end...

Unfortunately, this combined with the porked sound in the betas make me stick to 1.03 final for time being and hope they sort it and then go to start work on the AI (among other things)!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Odd - we played six hours co-op LAN last night with the 59025 beta and not a single occurrence of the receiving bug (when previously it was every 20 mins with 1.03).

i ONLY see the reciving issue when i go in and out of the MAP many times in a row (like five times) and very quickly. Then it will not go into game but give the black reciving screen... it only lasts about 4 to 8 seconds. But i have a uber computer and 2gb of vidram, so it can clear out the 2dDX map and load up the 3D game faster? So i do see it from time to time, and should just stay out of the map anyways.

I'm still getting this issue. Is there any fix to it, or any particular way to install the game with an order in patch installing to make it work?

I had this problem constantly until I installed windows 7 Release Candidate and in 3 months I have not seen it once. This is all using the same hardware all I did was change OS.

all I did was change OS.

Seems a bit drastic to change OS to get rid of such a problem :p

I heard the only way to really cure the problem is to smash your computer with a sledgehammer.

:p

Sorry to hear you still experience it Shifty.

For me some of the latest 1.04.xxxx betas have fixed it, was a long time since I experienced the "receiving bug" in MP, a couple of times I breifly seen the "Receiving..." screen for a few seconds when changing fram map screen but haven't freezed/hanged as it did for me before.

Running on Windows XP Pro SP2 and nVidia GTX 260 using 191.07 WHGL drivers.

/KC

I only get the receiving bug if I don't use the default grafic settings(Im playing without any beta). With most settings on default beside screen solution and antiA I could play. If I change the settings, its unplayable. For example it appears nearly every time in MP warfare when I was about to attack an enemy. Can not imagine why??

Perhaps you try it this way with the beta patch.

Everyone reporting here, do not report if you get it with any vanilla version.

Only report it if you see it with the latest beta. Thanks.

I've had receiving bugs ever since I play with betas (58xxx - 61062). Noticed it first in MP, but have also seen it yesterday in SP (scenarios, bear rising) a few times with version 61062. I will try the newest beta, but I doubt this was fixed.