Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Island binarizing problem

Hi again,

i have major problems with binarizing my island with new tools for ArmA II.

FIXED: Binarization process was cancelled by missing old weird object..

Here is the situation:

My mod have namespace "nst\". All my mod folders are located in this namespace.

Folder with island is located there too. In ArmA 1 was all ok, binaziring works fine and was no problem.

Since ArmA II tools release i started tune-up my island with some ArmA II objects.

And here it is:

I tried to pack my island, so i started BinPBO and setup parametres..

bin_pbo.jpg

Here is the full list of "files to copy directly":

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.rvmat;*.sqm;

Then i click on "Pack". Whole process was very quickly (in ArmA 1, if was wrp file not binarized previously, was this process quite long). I tried to open log file and there was no important problems, but again, in ArmA 1 i got a larger log file with some warnings with objects like "Error while trying to generate ST" and looks like binarize.exe really binarizing wrp.. but with ArmA II tools is all quickly and ingame?

It seems, wrp is really not binarized - loading time is more than 3 minutes, ArmA II buildings have white rectangle on map, ladders does not works and it is completely broken, sometimes Arma II does not load rvmat files for terrain, sometimes yes..

Other mod pbo's seems to be fine and p3d's are binarized, but island not. Funny thing is, if i binarize my world with BinPBO for ArmA 1 with converting tools for AA1 (binarize.exe,..), loading time is correct and ladders works on my objects (not on ArmA II objects, because it is probably newer version of model and of course, they are not shown on the map in the editor..).

I read Synide great tutorial for building environment, and i created ca folder in my namespace with subfolders, with configs for buildings (ArmA II objects used by Namalsk), but i can't get all - model.cfg missing (i think, model.cfg can be only with MLODs?). But, on this now does not matter, because it seems, whole binarizing process does not work. => FIXED

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Edited by Sumrak

Please post the log for file for your world.

What objects do you use?

take out *.wrp from the list of files that gets copied directly.

OK, i think, i fixed problem with binarizing :D In log file was "Cannot load object..", it was way to my old object, which i dont using for months. I dont know, where is the reference for this old object, because i search in my main pew in Visitor and there is all fine (i tried search in nature or artifical objects list, export all objects or objects counter).. must be somewhere hidden without definition.. So, i created old way and in target folder a created clean p3d with same name, which was is log file :) Then try again binarize and all was fine, binarization process was longer and wrp was binarized. Simply, binarization process was cancelled by missing object..

Main thing is, that my big log file is back :D and island have fast loading and working MY objects :)

There is only 1 thing to solve, on ArmA II objects does not works ladders :rolleyes: This must be problem with my ca folder in my namespace..

kju:

I'm using ArmA II objects from buildings.pbo, buildings2.pbo, misc.pbo and from structures.pbo. I'm using my objects too, all are in my namespace and their ladders or doors works fine.

T_D:

This is not necessary thing, i had *.wrp in list in BinPBO and binarization was fine in the last succesfull binarization..

There is only 1 thing to solve, on ArmA II objects does not works ladders This must be problem with my ca folder in my namespace..

Are you 100% sure you got all the foldiers from that you used the objects with unraped configs and correct foldiers structure in your project foldier?

you need to have all BI configs in your namespace like

p:\nst\ca\*

In general you need any config inside your namespace to get them parsed.

And therefore ladders and other things working.

The objects itself need to be at the absolute path like

p:\ca\buildings2\x.p3d

etc

Thanks all, i again checked all config's in nst\ca and again binarize and all was fine. ArmA II objects works very well :)

This is something for reward, screenshot from new part of Namalsk island, with opened ArmA II gate :rolleyes: :D

old_hosp.jpg

Sumrak

Hi all,

I don't want to start a new topic so i hope people still read this one :)

i'm trying to binarize my island but binpbo crashes after while (also on Samplemap2) this is the log file:

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB8 not found

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB11 not found

<world = "p:\ca\samplemap2\samplemap2.wrp">

Cannot open object core\default\default.p3d

Cannot open object core\skyobject\skyobject.p3d

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\tahomab16

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\tahomab16 not found

Bad case in ca\SampleMap2\data\ut_middle_mco.paa

W:\c\Poseidon\Lib\txtBank.cpp(377) : Bad case in texture name

Bad case in ca\SampleMap2\data\ut_middle_mco.paa

W:\c\Poseidon\Lib\txtBank.cpp(276) : Bad case in texture name

Cannot open object ca\plants2\clutter\c_deadgrassbunch.p3d

Any help ?

Thanks,

Allie

Working on Sbrodjistan2 I have the same problem : BinPbo is sending an error a short time after having started.

here is the logfile :

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB8 not found

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB11 not found

<world = "p:\oldbear\sbrodjistan2\sbrodjistan2.wrp">

Cannot open object core\default\default.p3d

Cannot open object core\skyobject\skyobject.p3d

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\tahomab16

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\tahomab16 not found

Cannot open object ca\plants\clutter_grass_general.p3d

I have uninstall the tools twice, erased all previous ArmA data. I have get the same kind of error while trying to get a .pbo of TUT_Sample Map from SgtAce's simple tutorial.

Hi all,

I fixed my problem by changing my P drive layout.

I no longer have my project folder inside the CA folder.

i followed this sample to setup my P drive.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_Terrain_Tutorial

Important is to UnRap all config files that come with the addons you going to use. So in my case only the plants2 and buildings pbo's.

Read the link about the PLANTS2 folder, it needs a bit work to get that right.

Then i used the commandline command to copy all configs to my project folder.

So you will have a CA folder with all pbo's unpacked ( plants2(all of them in 1 folder READ) and buildings. On the root of the P drive.

And then inside you project folder you AGAIN have a CA folder, but this one only holds the config files from the Root CA folder.

I am at the office, no sample here but i just create a fake directory structure to show you. This is NOT the original P drive structure, just a sample to show you the ca folder inside your project folder.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/476/80825044.jpg

Hope this helps, i have not binarized my island because i let it run yesterday evening and after 1 hour it was not ready binarizing, my island is 50X50 Km high deff, so i can understand it will take a shhht long time, but i do NOT have the binpbo crash anymore .

Later,

Alphons

I think this is the most important of it: there is a CA folder on the root of the P drive, but there is also a CA folder inside your project folder.

The CA on the root of P contains all depbo'ed addons you want to use. The CA folder inside your project folder ONLY contains the UNRAPed Config files of your addons.

Oh yea other important thing is to EXTRACT the CA PBO from your ARMA2 addons folder, copy paste all directly into the Root CA folder on your P drive (i think it contains 3 things, A DATA folder, a Config file and a Pboprefix thingy, again put that in the Root ca folder.

So recap: extract PLANTS2 , BUILDINGS and the CA pbo from the ARMA2 addons folder.

Plants2 needs some work(all plants2 addons from arma into 1 folder called PLANTS2)

Place Plants2 and buildings into the root CA folder on P, copy paste the extracted from the CA pbo straight into the CA folder on the root of P.

Extract ALL config.bin files you can find inside the root ca folder, use UNRAP for it.

Then use the commandline command to copy all unrapped config to your project folder.

I understand it is very hard to explain, i hope i have helped you a bit.

Later,

Alphons

Update, it seems the sample map is using yet another folder (tag/namespace) dunno if that is important for binpbo to work( P:\Tag\projectfolder\....)

Can only test tonight so ill get back to this, however i see more and more samples are comming out.

Edited by Alliexx

Yup, everything works great, I tested it out from the scratch with SgtAce yesterday.

I'm working on 3 islands now (one A1 remake and 2 completely new) ;)

I have checked the things again all looks done "accordingly to the rules" but I know there is something wrong with the path to core ... but I don't know how to mend it. :(

Alliexx: make sure you don't have your island too close to the terrain border, otherwise textures get FUBAR.

Hi,

This is actually in the middle of the map.

This is my latest folder layout:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1822/maplayout.jpg

Later

Allie

It might be the size of the Texture Layer (now at 25x25,), i dont have option for 40x40.

I'm using the old arma 1 sample textures, maybe that is the problem.

Later

Edited by Alliexx

Allie

Did you unPBO the ArmA2 plant2 PBOs per el76 instructions in the first post here?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84535&highlight=Importent

EDIT, sorry I see other people posted about plants vs the Binazation error.

@Allie

That problems being discussed here;

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34001.0

.... no solution yet :(

HEY BIS!

Pretty sure no ones found the solution to this "empty/invisible terrain at distance" problem.

Respectfully suggest its time you guys helped out eh?!

Better still, a working Sample Island designed specificly for ArmA2

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Gnat;1430737']Allie

Did you unPBO the ArmA2 plant2 PBOs per el76 instructions in the first post here?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84535&highlight=Importent

EDIT' date=' sorry I see other people posted about plants vs the Binazation error.

@Allie

That problems being discussed here;

[url']http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34001.0[/url]

.... no solution yet :(

HEY BIS!

Pretty sure no ones found the solution to this "empty/invisible terrain at distance" problem.

Respectfully suggest its time you guys helped out eh?!

Better still, a working Sample Island designed specificly for ArmA2

I'm fairly sure the "empty/invisible" terrain problem your talking about is either solved by changing the texture size from 10.0x10.0 to 40.0x40.0 (in other words make it larger) then re-import Sat and Mask or when I binarized the island as described in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82444&page=2

Be aware that AI can't use roads on lower settings than 20x20m but they work ok only on at least 40x40. I'm talking about pathfinding issues. Just use 40x40 and you'll be okay. Trust me, I've lost days figuring that out ;) oh, and don't put terrain near borders of map, leave at least 20% space between border and terrain.

I am still dealing with my BinPBO crashes.

I have installed the tools for the 5th time.

Previously I had cleared all previous files from my ArmA maps, cleared all Temp files, and defrag my F: where is loaded the ArmAWork directory.

I have rebuild P:\CA from scratch.

Rebuild P:\OLDBR\ca and P:\TUT\ca

Create P:\BIN_TEMP

I have tested BinPBO with SgtACE's TUT_SampleMap and my own Severnskaya test map and got always the same crash during binarizing.

As SgtACE has already stated :

Its begins with: Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8

then you have wrong setup of p:/

I am willing to get the right one ... but unable to find where is my mistake and a bit desperate as map building is something I really enjoy even if I am not a top notch map maker.

Edit : 10:22 PM With some help from Floosy my Team ADO mate ... thanks also to SgtACE.

Get it !

The path to project folder was wrong, it's ok now and working.

Got a playable in game map. Yeppee !

Thanks again for the help !

mini_090910124707643454419275.jpg

Edited by Old Bear
no more problem ;)

Hi all,

I do have all under control, well thats what i think myself :)

The only problem i still have is that my map sometimes crashes at startup.

Heres my latest log file:

Convert world p:\xx\entebbe\entebbe.wrp -> C:\DOCUME~1\Alliexx\LOCALS~1\Temp\ARMAaddons\xx\entebbe\entebbe.wrp

Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by p:\xx\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by p:\xx\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Ruins/

Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by p:\xx\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/

<world = "p:\xx\entebbe\entebbe.wrp">

Bad case in XX\entebbe\data\xx_travad2_mco.paa

W:\c\Poseidon\Lib\txtBank.cpp(276) : Bad case in texture name

</world>

Anybody any idea, i still have that error about the midDetailTexture.

I have no idea what it is for or what it does, i saw in the config of the new Panthera island, and in that config he just points to the "ca\chernarus" location

midDetailTexture = "ca\chernarus\data\cr_trava1_mco.paa";

Any suggestions are welcome.

It might already be somewhere on the forum, i have not found it, but when it is i'm sorry to ask it again :)

Later,

Alphons

Note: any comment on any aspect of the logfile is welcome.

Is it just the "case" of the xx/XX ???

Edited by Alliexx