Well done really. Could they be used for soviet troops in later years?

Thanks for the comments. I'm also glad to hear the English / multilanguage config has proven useful. It first sounded like a silly idea to me, but it seems like there are a lot of people out there who impatiently bought a copy of the game which doesn't support English.

Well done really. Could they be used for soviet troops in later years?

I don't think so. The reed camo pattern which the units are wearing was only adapted, as far as I know, only after some years from the fall of the Soviet Union, for the use of Russian MVD troops. It's a little similiar to the camo which Soviets adapted in the later years, but not quite.

Superb update (and language configs, heh), thanks Rellikki! Great units to play around with.

Now they just need lazers to conquer the world.. ragek.png

Arm2cat, I took the KLMK pattern camouflage from the SLA in ARMA 2 mod, and put it on the CRA troops for personal use, you could use that as soviets if you want, its pretty easy to do, all you need to do is unpbo CRA and SLA pbos and change and rename the right texture files.

@ colonel stagler & ARM2CAT

As long as it's for personal use only, I'm all fine with that. :)

@ colonel stagler & ARM2CAT

As long as it's for personal use only, I'm all fine with that. :)

Many thanks for both. Of course, I would only use for persaonl amusement if I find some time to make such change.

I might release another upgrade in the future, with even more different unit classes and other changes. Don't expect it anytime soon though, because it requires a lot of work and I have other projects in plans too.

I have a lot of ideas in my mind for new content and to enhance the current troops too significantly. I will ensure 100% compatibility with the previous version though. Although I have a lot of plans for the CRA troops of my own, I'm still all open for new ideas too. :)

Edited by Rellikki

I'm still all open for new ideas too. :)

and I want to share mines with you:bounce3:!just give me the go....

The cone helmet really very nice. The best one for Soviets I ever saw in this game. If somebody could use it for 80's soviet troops, would be definitely awesome!

Thanks for the report. Anyone have any idea how to make an addOn ACE compatible? I could fix that issue when I can bother to update this addOn.

I didn't notice any errors when using these with ACE personally.

Rellikki, you could talk to Binkowski. I know he made a separate config for ACE versions of his 2008 US Army infantry.

I didn't notice any errors when using these with ACE personally.

Rellikki, you could talk to Binkowski. I know he made a separate config for ACE versions of his 2008 US Army infantry.

That config has their ACE compatible units have their backpack removed, so you won't see two clipping bags on the back of some models.

Although I didn't find any problem between this addon and ACE 2:confused:

It sounds like a faulty installation of the addOn itself then. Make sure to read the readme for installation instructions, Bushidozeb, because too many people have failed to do that. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I haven't noticed any problems with this and ACE.

None here either. I have an SP ACE2 mission that uses them and no problems ever reported.

Ok i should try again, Have patch V1.05 to if that should be the problem, but i will try and come back later :D

Hey there, I love these replacements for the chedaki troops, but there's a small issue in multiplayer:

armbandl.jpg

As you can see, the transparency doesn't work on these soldiers for my group logo. This is not an issue with the logo as it works with all the standard BIS soldiers.

Hey there, I love these replacements for the chedaki troops, but there's a small issue in multiplayer:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7373/armbandl.jpg[/img

As you can see, the transparency doesn't work on these soldiers for my group logo. This is not an issue with the logo as it works with all the standard BIS soldiers.

Does it work with Russian units, though? These units are based mostly off the same models as the default Russians. Try the same test with them and see if it too comes up black instead of transparent.

Does it work with Russian units, though? These units are based mostly off the same models as the default Russians. Try the same test with them and see if it too comes up black instead of transparent.

it's transparent on the BIS russians too. I've been using this exact squad logo for a long time and only the Chedaki Replacements have the black box.

That's very odd. I will try to figure out what's that about and probably fix in the future. Thanks for the report.

That's very odd. I will try to figure out what's that about and probably fix in the future. Thanks for the report.

no problem, I really like these replacement skins. Good thing this isn't really that big of an issue, but I just wanted to make a report of it.

We had a similar problem with brake lights on some of our vehicles.

Having the textures and rvmats available on the P:\ drive when binarising the model, with the correct "\CA\wheeled...." paths as they'd have if loaded from BIS's .pbos fixed it for us.