Here's a little addOn I made for the OPFOR side. It's based on one of the alternative endings of the Harvest Red campaign, when...

...Razor team fails and the ChDKZ takes control of Chernarus and the army was reorganized, standardized and given better gear.

cra11sb.jpg cra12sb.jpg

The archieve also contains an optional replacement addOn, which replaces the original OPFOR insurgents (ChDKZ) with these troops.

Zipper5 has kindly built a demo mission for this addOn too, which you can download from the link below.

Enjoy.

Version history:

v.1.0:

- Added some variency between the characters

- Improved textures and models

- New classes: APC Crewman, Tank Crewman and Pilot

- Fixed the faction error caused in the game patch v.1.04

v.0.9:

- Initial release

Download links:

Chernarussian Red Army troops (v.1.0)

Demo mission "Loose Ends"

Edited by Rellikki

Nice, but sad to see these Eggshells on their heads again ^^

I don't know if I am the only one but the russian helmets look kind of hilarious.

It's not the helmet itself but it's too thin ingame and it looks strange.

Could you maybe model them thicker like in that picture here ?

portrait

That's just a question I don't know if it's possible to edit the helmets.

But right now the thin borders make them look like cheap iron sheet whatever Eggshell :D

Edited by Cionara

Granted, the helmets that the russians have in game are just steel pot helmets, it makes sense that they are so thin :)

Great idea and great units Rellikki. As always. Great to see some units that fit ArmA 2 background, especially "eastern" ones :)

Thanks for the comments everyone. Also, thanks for the mirrors. I finally could bother to update my website. The link in the first post has been updated, which leads into my website, where I'll be listing the provided mirrors to the addOn for you to download. You can also find my (possible) future work in there, if you keep an eye out.

Very nice and like that helmet model. Maybe just change the logo on arm and could make them the Soviet army in late uniform style.

Sorry for being a little offtopic here, but do you also consider porting your great RACS and SLA units in ArmA 2 as we can "enjoy" conflicts in Sahrani again ? :)

@RUDOLF

I don't really have interest to make Soviet army units, but if you're looking forward for some, you should keep an eye out for the P85 mod, whose makers, as far as I know, have plans to move to ARMA 2. I'm sure they'd do a better job at making Soviet army troops than me.

@GI-JOE

I haven't really considered it and can't say for sure.

@All

I've managed to make use of the ArmA 1 sample models to create some different looking units for the addOn. So far I managed to make a soldier with rolled up sleeves, which seems to work perfectly without any screwed up hands or anything, which I've read about when some people tried to convert ArmA 1 models to ARMA 2.

sliiv.th.jpg

Click to enlarge

Expect for some more different looking units too in the future.

Right now I'm making my first mission with this addon (and some others). Good job on them and I look forward to the other models you've got coming.

Hello, TheHandsy,

Glad to hear the troops have come in handy. :) I'm looking forward to your mission(s).

Nice job Rel.

A replacement would be nice.... ;)

Sure. :)

This addOn replaces the BIS ChDKZ insurgents with my Chernarussian Red Army troops. All signed and multiplayer compatible. Requires the troops addOn itself, of course. Thanks to zGuba for solving a little issue on the config. I had a hard time getting this to work.

See the first post for the download link.

Edited by Rellikki

Sure. :)

This addOn replaces the BIS ChDKZ insurgents with my Chernarussian Red Army troops. All signed and multiplayer compatible. Requires the troops addOn itself, of course. Thanks to zGuba for solving a little issue on the config. I had a hard time getting this to work.

Download link:

Chernarussian Red Army troops replacement (v.0.9)

Looks a hell of a lot like the movie: Behind enemy lines (the 1st one) :)

9TWR4Q5S.jpg

%28080509092515%29Behind_Enemy_Lines_dietro_linee_nemiche_7.jpg

285 kb

Edited by W0lle

^ Haha, there's three games (that I know of) with characters that look the same.

ArmA 2, Call of Duty 4, Grand Theft Auto 4. xD

^^^ SECOND! :D

I love these units and can't wait for more variants. Bring on the civil war missions I say!