Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

Zipper5's Missions

Alright guys, we're in the final stretch now. You can expect to see v1.0 released some time in early June, I'll say when later. For now, I figure I'd do something a little different in terms of teasers and give you guys an idea of the size and scope of the last mission.

I'm very proud of how this mission has turned out, and I've learned a lot from it. Some may consider this a spoiler as it isn't hard to deduce some things about the mission from the picture, so you'll have the choice to see it or not. Stay tuned for more information. ;)

promo_18_th.jpg

Looks pretty complex, great work :bigsmile: Looking forward to the 1.0 release

Thank you for this great Mission/Kampagne :459:

Performence is verry good.

Zipper5 I really thank you for releasing Operation Cobalt :cheers:.

I am currently in the mission Retaliation and I love it. Everything from the cut scenes to the in-game dialogs are superb.The mission designs are excellent and the performance is also very good.

Eagerly awaiting Version 1.0 of Operation Cobalt...

Thx ...

Edited by katansaber1

Alright guys, I have a date for you to stick in your calendars.

03/06/2010

(Thursday, June 3rd, 2010)

I'll see you then. ;)

Edited by Zipper5

Alright guys, I have a date for you to stick in your calenders.

03/06/2010

(Thursday, June 3rd, 2010)

I'll see you then. ;)

I believe its Calendar :p

I believe its Calendar :p

No, it's calendurr.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Fixed. :butbut:

hell...if there are "bugs" like that in your campaign you dont have to release it!:p

It's a privilege to be a tester for the 1.0 version of the campaign, the missions are all awesome. Nobody else will get to experience the wonderful bugs I'm seeing. :p

it's a privilege to be a tester for the 1.0 version of the campaign, the missions are all awesome. Nobody else will get to experience the wonderful bugs i'm seeing. :p

ttiuwp

There will be plenty tomorrow. :D

Did u c wht I did thar?!

There will be plenty tomorrow. :D

Did u c wht I did thar?!

Plenty of bugs tomorrow, I can't wait!

Did u c wht I did thar?!

;)

Hey guys. I've released a new mission just now, called Black Gold, made for OA. Check the first post for more details.

Keep in mind this is the first beta, and I haven't been able to test the MP side of the mission as I don't have a dedicated server handy, so if you could also try testing it out on a dedicated server, that would be much appreciated. So please, give it a shot, and give me any feedback and constructive criticisms you come up with. ;)

Haven't tried the mission yet, but you're playing as Marek Spanel there? :D Mark S. - at least I think it's him. Was that intentional or just a coincidence? :p

Add a snipeRPG shield, :bitch:

:D

I've updated Black Gold to v0.2, including some pretty significant changes mainly in the MP department. Check the first post for more details. Huge thanks to Celery and Cole for their help.

Changelog:

v0.2:

- Renamed to conform to naming standards

- Now defined as Coop between 1 and 12 players in server browser

- isDedicated check replaced with isMultiplayer (no longer required to use a dedicated server for MP version)

- Variables now publicVariable'd so that they fire properly in MP

- Error messages fixed

- Changed scripting to allow more freedom in playing the mission without it screwing up

Edited by Zipper5

including some pretty significant changes mainly in the MP department.

You mean it actually works as it's supposed now? :nener:

I wonder what's gonna happen this time.. :D

Hey guys, v0.3 of Black Gold is up. See the first post for more details.

I gave up trying to make the mission work in both SP and MP, as it was causing too many errors and it was too unpredictable. Making it SP-only has allowed me to at least make it a better mission for the individual.

I've got another mission coming which is also one of these "failed experiments", I guess you could say, so stay tuned for that. In the mean-time, give the new version of Black Gold a shot and let me know what you think, especially if you find any issues. Thanks. :)

In the future my missions will return to their usual format of having both good gameplay and good stories, so don't worry about not seeing any more of those.

That other "failed experiment" mission I mentioned is now up. It's called SCUD Valley. Check the first post for more details. ;)

another issue with scud valley:

too damned far away!

some transport would be nice!

Well I thought there was more than enough standing between you and the SCUD to occupy you... You want to rush into enemy fire on ATVs? :butbut:

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Well, Cole just sent me a picture of what I presume is the problem you're having. Are you getting an error message when you load up, and/or is the marker 10km away pointing north east from where you start? The strange thing is that it works completely fine on my end.

Perhaps it's because you aren't playing it with Arma 2 and OA, I.E. Combined Operations. It seems that the error message is about a tent, Land_A_tent, which I presume is the "Old camping tent". I guess that wasn't included in OA. I'll see if I can replace them with a different one and if that fixes the problem, which I'll then upload a hot fix for.

However, keep in mind that I'm making these missions using Combined Operations as noted under each of their mission names in the first post. So if you don't have it expect to see some errors. :p