Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

Zipper5's Missions

Can you post all your finished missions on the main post on first page bro? That way I can DL them all at once and I don't miss anything, I'm having a hard time telling whats going on here.

Damn, that's one intense trailer! Turned up the music on full by accident, but kept it there - really creepy. Cudos

Yeesh, did you take the long way or what? :p

I'll think about putting something along the route to Zelenogorsk which stops the player from going there.

Also, as you may have noticed, you are told not to attack them, as you'll die. However, I forgot to check if the player has fired his weapon. Right now it only checks if you're within a certain distance of the town. Thanks, though. I'll add that in the next release.

I'm stuck at the guard tower. What happens next ?

The NAPA guy says nothing and there's no objective after watching the execution.

They are. There's 3 mirrors to them in the first post:

How come I only see 2? Operation Cobalt and Loose Ends

I'm stuck at the guard tower. What happens next ?

The NAPA guy says nothing and there's no objective after watching the execution.

He says "Come, let's go." so, naturally, you're supposed to follow him. Climb down from the watch tower and walk over to him and you'll get a save game checkpoint. Then follow him to continue with the rest of the mission.

How come I only see 2? Operation Cobalt and Loose Ends

You're not looking in the right place, then. See this picture:

dwnld_loc.jpg

I mean I only see 2 missions. Are there supposed to be more??

Operation Cobalt is a campaign, aka multiple missions in one file.

I mean I only see 2 missions. Are there supposed to be more??

Operation Cobalt is a campaign, Loose Ends is a SP mission. All the missions released so far for Operation Cobalt are included in that download.

Hey I just finished the first mission. Then after you get promoted it shows a loading screen and says "At Driznho" it loads and then the game crashes. What am I doing wrong?

Definitely something going wrong on your side. No one so far has reported that error and I have yet to experience it myself. Perhaps it's the size of the mission and your PC can't handle it? It is a fairly large mission.

Hey I just finished the first mission. Then after you get promoted it shows a loading screen and says "At Driznho" it loads and then the game crashes. What am I doing wrong?

Any mods installed? Try running it Vanilla with no addons at all.

This as is a spoiler for campaign. Suggest not reading unless you have done it already

How can i take the files from the dead crew member? I've tried heaps of different things and always the result is the same (I blow up). What am I missing? i can't see anything else to interact with to prevent it from happening.

This as is a spoiler for campaign. Suggest not reading unless you have done it already

How can i take the files from the dead crew member? I've tried heaps of different things and always the result is the same (I blow up). What am I missing? i can't see anything else to interact with to prevent it from happening.

gnrnr you are supposed to blow up. Just wait so the cutscene or game continues ;)

It goes straight into the restart, reload or team switch menu. Maybe ACE is interfering. I'll try again with no mods.

It goes straight into the restart, reload or team switch menu. Maybe ACE is interfering. I'll try again with no mods.

Yeah that should fix it. If you have any other mods installed to don't have them running because that caused problems when I tried to play.:)

Since it's been a very long time since I last posted an update about Operation Cobalt, I thought that it was about time to post about what's going on, since some still seem to be interested in the project.

Last month I had gotten to the point in the campaign where what I had made so far was not working for me. The original premise was leading me to a dead end and I was running out of ideas and ways to continue it. So, I thought I'd start from scratch. Thus, I did. That's the main reason there's been such a lack of information. Now, fear not. It still follows the basic storyline so far. However, none of the missions from the original version will be in the new one. I've completely redone the campaign and am focusing much more on keeping myself from falling into the same trap.

But frankly, the new version is, so far, significantly better than the direction I was originally going. I've already finished the basic structures of the first 3 missions and am working on the fourth and fifth. Due to the recent patches for ArmA II introducing this "auto-Danger" mode, I am refraining from releasing anything for testing as it does cause the missions to play out different to how they should. I am looking to see if future patches remove or improve this "feature" before I decide if I need to modify it at all to compensate.

Therefore, I don't think you'll see another release until it's finished. Hopefully by then I will have gotten these kinks sorted out, and you'll have much more to play with than you originally had. I'll try and get some pictures and perhaps videos out there so that I can keep you guys interested. Thanks for the support so far, and stay tuned for any further news and releases. :)

Good to hear, really enjoyed your missions, best SP so far.

I also planed to make a campaign and i know what your talking about.

Storyline and not walking in this of you called "trap" is the hardest if it comes to SP and a good campaign. maybe i find the motiviation and ideas to create also one soon. keep it up:)

There are two sides to every story...

promo_1_th.jpg

promo_2_th.jpg

Edited by Zipper5

Well guys, it's that time again. Here's some more teaser images from the (now finalized) first mission of the campaign:

promo_3_th.jpg

Welcoming upon arrival.

promo_4_th.jpg

A conversation between friends.

promo_5_th.jpg

Becoming acquainted.

The campaign itself is progressing quite nicely. As you can see, I've learned how to use the new conversation system in ArmA II, so the campaign will be using it. I've also got the basic structures down of the first 6 missions already. The campaign may not actually be a mini-campaign anymore, as I can quite clearly see it going up to 10 or perhaps more missions. I'll let you know if I have any other significant updates to give you. ;)

Edited by Zipper5

Here's some more pictures, this time from the newly finalized second mission in the campaign which is also the first combat mission.

promo_6_th.jpg

Moving to the rally point.

promo_7_th.jpg

Converging on the town.

promo_8_th.jpg

Clearing them out, street by street.

Edited by Zipper5