Sign in to follow this  
terox

Zeus Gaming Nights

mk4_showInfo has been in zcommon since last August btw gal. Also try to use it when looking at a vehicle sometime antigoon, that's where the main feature of the addon lies.

The only key you need to map for it is the command menu key, default spacebar.

Yes I know showinfo was there, but isn't the "hold spacebar to see player name" (outside of vehicles) new?

Zeus Community Gaming Nights

Combined ops (ArmA2 + OA)

Teamspeak 3

SCHEDULED EVENTS

EVERY Thursday 19:30 hrs
to Midnight

EVERY Sunday 19:30 hrs
to Midnight

All times are based on UK Local time

The current UK local time is displayed on our website as "Server Time"

Fully functional Channel commander has finally been added to Teamspeak 3's feature list.

This means we have switched our gaming nights comm's application from the ageing but faithful TS2 server to our TS3 server (At Last).

The Zeus Community Manual has been updated with tutorials on how to:

• Setup Teamspeak 3

Setup Channel Commander Hotkey toggling

Setup Whisper To Channel Commander in All Channel Family

Links and information available in the first post of this thread

Edited by Terox

Hi,

I had a look for your server slast night , I could see them in the browser , but they came up as red.

Do I need 'Acre' now? , as I could see that it was listed in the running mods in the server description.

thanks

Jangles

I would love to join! More then likely two of my buddies aswell!

We are looking to do coop stuff, the coop campaign(singleplayer campaign except onlien with friends) was giving us some issues, but Domination and other dedicated server coop works great.

Two of us are from Westcoast of Canada and the 3rd is from New York USA. So Pacific time for two and eastern time for the other.

Ill let them know next time I see them online that your server does coop!

The server will show up as red if you're running any addons or shizzle like that. It's a battle eye / signature verification thing.

We went over and played on a passworded server last night, because of griefers and the like, but don't let that stop you. If you stop by the TS3, you'll get the password and you're set to go. Same goes if you got any other problems getting on the server.

Can't say if we will be using the open server this sunday. but with the current cunty climate, populated servers (30+ or so) seems to attract the worst sorts.

hope to see you lads around!

Edited by Hund

I think it works best if you initially let people in, and then when it gets too "heavy" tell them all that they have to get on TS3 (and give them the IP of course) and then restart with a password and give the password out on TS3. It seemed to have worked very well in the past. People who cause trouble will rarely bother with getting on TS.

Hi,

I had a look for your server slast night , I could see them in the browser , but they came up as red.

Do I need 'Acre' now? , as I could see that it was listed in the running mods in the server description.

thanks

Jangles

For the gaming nights [Thursday & Sunday 19:30 BST] all you need is combined operations vanilla. When we're not on a gaming night sometimes a few of us will pop onto server #2 and play some addon games. Anyone's free to join us then, just pop on TS3 and we'll get you sorted.

There is a behavior limit... Anyone that doesn't mess up everyone else's fun is welcome. But as you've probably read above you may need to log on the TS3 server to get on the server in case it is passworded/locked.

can i play on the public servers? cause i am only 14, is there an age limit?

The only way you will find out if you like the way we play is to come and have a go.

Please bear in mind the majority of players in the community have an age range of somewhere between 20 and 50 and the type of banter that occurs on teamspeak is similar to that in a pub or a works canteen.

If you believe you have a mature outlook and patience then please come along and introduce yourself. We will strive to keep out language down and more suitable but I cannot promise you this:)

The Teamspeak 2 server has now gone offline

The Teamspeak 3 server has been switched to a different IP

• :icon_arrow:Connect to Zeus Teamspeak 3
teamspeak.zeus-community.net

Default port 9987

Edited by Terox

Can we join this with only OA installed? And are addons needed? I hope not because requiring Combined ops and/or addons will lock out a huge amount of new and confused arma2 players.

Edited by alleycat

The very first post in this thread is always kept updated with the requirements.

It states

Zeus Community Gaming Nights

Combined Ops (ArmA2 + OA)

Teamspeak 3

Thats all you need

A small compilation from various gaming nights, also available in HD on youtube.

UDXZpne3V7E

Seeing as it's not been updated:

Our #1 server is currently running ACE 1.8 as well as the various other associated ACE mod folders.

The required addons are available from the Zeus #1 server YAS repositry.

ACE folders were renamed: ZACE etc to conflicting with player's ACE (You can have your more up to date version of ACE for playing on other servers whilst being able to run ZACE for Zeus nights)

The #2 server is now available for PvP nights on wednesday, more information can be found in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114005

Look forward to seeing you if you decided to drop by :)

Putting those YouTube videos up of gaming nights convinced me to get all my Zeus stuff updated and join tonight. Hopefully you guys have a session tonight. :)

Well that was fun games, especially if you are looking for organized play and not running and gunning. Thanks for helping me with ACRE. it was the first time I used it....successfully.

Edited by kMaN_(KYA)

We have just installed the I44 Mod onto the server, if you are wanting a coop game on Sunday evening, feel free to drop by

All the information you need is listed on the initial post on this thread

We will be playing VANILLA on Sunday 15th April

ACRE Not Required

BAF Missions tonight

@ZCommon not required

but we would like you on teamspeak, see first post

You dont actually need it, but not having it will enhance your gaming experience and not having it will have two side effects.

a) You wont be involved in the comms on teamspeak so wont know why we are doing certain things

b) It will make it harder for your Group leader/Mission commander because he will then have to repeat the important messages over voip.

As Teamspeak it free, fairly easy to set up and used by a lot of clans and public servers, it is highly recommended that you have it installed anyway if you intend to play ArmA2 multiplayer, regardless of what server you are playing on.

The :icon_arrow: Zeus Community Manual.pdf (Click on link) will guide you through setting this up.

Dont worry about the ACRE section, you wont be needing it tonight

If you have any other queries don't hesitate to drop onto our TS server this afternoon

Don't worry if you do not have a microphone.

You will need @Zcommon, especially the Hazarkot valley island, you could also grab it from ArmAholics if the Yoma repository is down

Look forward to seeing you and anyone else who wants to drop by. :)

Edited by Terox