Sign in to follow this  
terox

Zeus Gaming Nights

Hi Jasonnoguchi

you're most welcome, see you on Sunday..

SERVER UPDATE

"Now Running ACE Mod public Beta 1.89 with ACEX and @Zcommon"

A tutorial for installing Yoma's addon sync and using it to grab our addons is available in our Zeus Community Manual

The link for the Yoma repository has changed to:

http://zeus-community.net/yas/zeus/zeus-autoconfig.7z

More information is available on the 1st post in this thread

Your -mod folder shortcut should look like either

-mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@Zcommon

or

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@Zcommon

ZEUS COMMUNITY MANUAL UPDATED

This has been updated to reflect the above changes

Grab the latest from

Zeus Community Manual

We vary our gameplay from CooPs to A&D

and play organised gaming sessions every Sunday & Thursday. 19:30hrs UK time

Hope to see you there :)

SERVER UPDATE

"Now Running ARMA 1.05

Rerun your Yoma sync, and dont forget to "Delete Old Files"

Quesh Kabrul updated to v2, the pbo filename is different, so dont forget to "Delete Old Files" to rid yourself of version 1

Your -mod folder shortcut has now changed (No longer running the beta exe or beta mod folder), so don't forget to edit it

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@Zcommon

and your target line has changed from

..........\ArmA2\beta\arma2.exe

to

..........\ArmA2\arma2.exe

Edited by Terox

The Zeus AI are still being run on the server.

Unless Protegimus advises me otherwise, we will continue to use them.

I doubt very much whether BIS will have adjusted the AI to Prots settings

SERVER UPDATE

"ADDED ACEX_SPLA

Rerun your Yoma sync, and dont forget to "Delete Old Files"

Your -mod folder shortcut has now changed, so don't forget to edit it

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@Zcommon

and dont forget, there is no BETA .exe at the moment so your shortcut executable has changed

from

..........\ArmA2\beta\arma2.exe

to

..........\ArmA2\arma2.exe

There is a gaming session scheduled for tonight (Sunday 27th Dec)

I find the manual a bit confusing. Can I leave out the sync thingie and download the needed downloads manually?

The Yoma repository link has just changed to add some additional functionalitry to the Yoma Gamespy Browser

It is now.... http://zeus-community.net/yas/zeus/yas2302.7z

and for AlleyCat heres some easy to follow instructions

Firstly download and install Yomas addon syn. Grab the latest version from here

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/yoma-addonsync2009

During the Install you may get an error message about ArmA1, this is because you probably wont have it installed

1) Start Yoma’s Add-on sync

2) Uncheck “Arma1 is installed on your PC, if it IS NOT

3) Select the “Favourites†tab

4) Select the “NEW SERVER†button

5) Copy n paste the following URL into the “auto config†field

6) http://zeus-community.net/yas/zeus/yas2302.7z

7) Select the “Import Server†button

8) Select “Check for addonsâ€

9) Wait a few seconds while the list loads

10)Check the following boxes

• @CBA

• @ACE

• @ACEX

• @ACEX_SM

• @ACEX_PLA

• @zcommon

• Optional_addons

• UserConfig

11) Select Download addons

And your files will be downloaded and placed into your ArmAII directory for you

You will then need to set up a desktop shortcut to start the game with the required addons

1) Make a copy of your desktop shortcut

2) Right click on the new shortcut and select "Properties"

3) select the "General" tab and where is says ArmA|| top left, edit that and replace the text with "Zeus ACEmod"

4) Now select the "Shortcut" tab and add the following text to the end of the target field

-mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm;@zcommon

5) Click on Apply and then OK

Once you have finished downloading your addons, you can start the game up with your new shortcut, this will load the required addons

You can then filter "zeus" using the ArmA2 ingame browser, in the list of servers you will see "Zeus #1" thats the server you need to join

Ok going to try that out, I guess using the shortcut if I want to play normal ARMA2 is not a good idea, since we do not want too many unneeded things loaded. Also what is the cool stuff about ACE? And what is the usual zeus coop missions size, as in amount of players, amount of enemies, length, combined arms/yes/no

RE: the shortcuts

What i tend to do is create a folder on my desktop where i store all the ArmA shortcuts for each Startup that i may need, this then declutters the actual desktop

Ref Game size

We tend to get approximatelyn 20 players per session and coop length can be anything from 30 minutes up to and over a couple of hours, so it can be very varied.

Eqyuipment used tends to be anything that the mission makers feel is necessary for that mission, so again its varied

There is only one way to find out if it would suit you. The biggest pain in the butt is organising yourself, addons and application to give it a go.

The learning curve can be quite steep, but once you have gone through it once, you will find it much easier for the next server you will try

An average mission would be in the 20-30 players category, most likely combined arms or at least support assets, with a length of 30 minutes to two or three hours.

But then again a lot of missions are non-standard.

edit: dangit...

I'll try joining tonight, don't have a mic though.

is there a link to get the zcommon files?

regards,

Use yoma's tool with the above instructions, that way you can keep it up to date without re-downloading the whole thing every time.

Yesterday was a darn good session.

It was really fun to lead one of the fireteams. Everything went smooth with no major incidents or lags.

My personal highlight of yesterday's session was alleycat's "LZ Cow" Coop, an astonishing good mission. One could easily tell that the designer thought well about what he's doing.

In the last five minutes of the mission someone threw in the idea of "frapsing" the nasty Mi-24 actions that were blocking our extraction. I catched some of that footage and threw it together in one simple video:

I really do recommend the ZEUS Gaming Nights, although sometimes half of the ZEUS Staff appears to be really - really - wierd, sick and silly. But I think that's just about the right portion of un-seriousness to add up to an excellent overall experience of wich Arma II is capable to provide.

Keep it up! :)

I really do recommend the ZEUS Gaming Nights, although sometimes half of the ZEUS Staff appears to be really - really - wierd, sick and silly.

The best endorsement I could have hoped for.

Yeah that was kind of a toight situation, that extraction. Pity we didn't get the start of the mission on fraps, since that was the meat n' potatoes stuff.

My personal highlight of yesterday's session was alleycat's "LZ Cow" Coop, an astonishing good mission. One could easily tell that the designer thought well about what he's doing.

I did not pay this guy any cash

Damn, I'm sorry I missed all the fun.

BTW. That was a great youtube clip Mondkalb. I liked the documentary-style voiceover.

From last gaming night, mission on Celle, breaching compound after destroying a rampant BMP:

breachingcellecompounds.jpg

I noticed there is no direct link/information to addon download instructions. It would probably be a good idea to at least have ACE and Zcommon instructions at the first post so that people don't have to look for it, as you know most people probably won't :(

Video uploading (~4 hours)... Got some trouble with editing and encoding but it should be in semi-reasonable quality and resolution.

I noticed there is no direct link/information to addon download instructions. It would probably be a good idea to at least have ACE and Zcommon instructions at the first post so that people don't have to look for it, as you know most people probably won't :(

Video uploading (~4 hours)... Got some trouble with editing and encoding but it should be in semi-reasonable quality and resolution.

Its in the first post right at the top

Now Running ACE mod with ACEX and @Zcommon (our addon pack)

Our Zeus Community Manual has tutorials explaining how to set up and use Yoma's addon Sync to get the required addons to play on our server.

This is an exceptionally easy tool to install and use and is the only system we use to offer our addon packs for download

Edited by Terox

Someone looking for how to get the addons running is quite likely to miss/skip/not read that line. It's important enough to make it impossible to miss even for absolutely anyone, for exmaple by making it bigger, in bold or anything else that will get a similar effect.

Also on the first page you may want to mention the last time it was updated.

From 28-3-2010 gaming night, mission "Boulder War" on Utes:

Click on the video twice to watch on youtube in HD (for less terrible quality).

Part 1:

YncW-2LACms

Part 2:

ymuIc723djc

Hi all

Cheese killed with the classic grenade hit the tree and bounced back!

Happened to me once too. My Reaction "Oh SH.. GRENAAADE!"

Love those incidents in ArmA

Not so nice in real life which incidentally happened today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8597300.stm

You can see the training sergeant reach down and drag the recruit into the rebounds bunker.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker