R3fl3x

ArmA2 / OA (low) performance issues

Yeah i would say his ram is not tuned right, and maybe his CPU isnt at the right multi...If he cant get this working, or know how to check stuff in the Bios, or even flash a Bios, i dont think hes going to be building a comp... But that being said, you have to start somewhere.

I have flashed BIOS.

But I will check the ram speed. I did not think of that so I'll check it and this weekdn if they do not fix it. Then Ill return it and take the oney back and build me a computer instead.

What specs would you guys recomend?`

If I am to say some preferences I would really preffer an i7 920 processor and a 1600 Mhz ram kit and a Geforce 205 GTX card.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Well ive tried to change the ram frquency but it did not make any differnce. Ill give him the computer tomorrow and if the error still resides on monday next week I will take the money back and buy another computer so suggestions are appreciated.

I hope I can get an i7 processor and the 295 GTX card then:) for that amount of money and good enough ram:)

Yeah I will oook into this today since I tested Crysis last night

It gave me bluescreen

The only thing I am wondering of is if I will solve the problems I have now by building a new rig.

I am not sure but most of it points that way.

For instance it is impossible to run ArmA II stable for me I cannot even run it stable on normal/low.

And the people im playin with has nearly identical rigs and they do not have any problems not close to my problems at least.

There can be a 100 million reasons why you are getting a blue screen.

you got Vista or Winxp?

Vista 64 bit Home Premium Sp2

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I have around 15-25 fps wherever I am and then I have all the settings to "very high" except for AA disabled and likewsie Postprocessing.

resolution 1920x1080

Vista 64 bit Home Premium Sp2

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I have around 15-25 fps wherever I am and then I have all the settings to "very high" except for AA disabled and likewsie Postprocessing.

resolution 1920x1080

You could do a bit of diagnosis, while vista is not so favored by gamers, it has an excellent diagnostic and error reporting. I fixed my brothers' laptop by checking out this.

here is how to do it.

also I use reliability monitor to troubleshoot hardware/software crashes and problems.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-windows-vista-reliability-monitor-to-troubleshoot-crashes/

So it could be an option to change to Windows 7?

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I just checked the logs. I did not find anything poining to any of Nvidia's drivers to be honest.

I am jsut wondering. Should my rig not be able to run ArmA II on more FPS then 15-25 maximum on very high settings?

So it could be an option to change to Windows 7?

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

I just checked the logs. I did not find anything poining to any of Nvidia's drivers to be honest.

I am jsut wondering. Should my rig not be able to run ArmA II on more FPS then 15-25 maximum on very high settings?

How about other problems? If you had a blue screen previously, it should be in the log what caused it.

If you got hardware problems, it doesn't really matter what operating system you want to use.

Win7 on the other might be faster than Vista but are you ready to pay the money on October 22nd for a new OS?

I bought VIsta so I got a free license for Windows 7:)

I cannot seem to find that bluescreen error and then I have to admit I am not that good on finding that kind of things eitehr. another hting then why hasve not the company who buold the computer found the errrors?

Since I have been getting bluescreens the last 3 weeks. More than once a day.

I bought VIsta so I got a free license for Windows 7:)

I cannot seem to find that bluescreen error and then I have to admit I am not that good on finding that kind of things eitehr. another hting then why hasve not the company who buold the computer found the errrors?

Since I have been getting bluescreens the last 3 weeks. More than once a day.

They wouldn't find anything because they likely ran no applications aside from driver and application install packages before sending it off. Very few companies actually check in-game performance, and the ones that actually do that (alienware) tend to run outdated programs that don't push the components hard enough to turn up errors.

I also wouldn't use ArmA 2 as a performance benchmark, since everyone scores equally low on it. On all high settings (except AA and AF which are set to low) and 4000 vis at 1680x1050 I get about 15-45 FPS in SP, 30-60 FPS in MP/coop. That said, I wouldn't be concerned about performance if you're constantly BSODing.

I will return the computer tomorrow and tell I want the money abck and buy a new one.

I only hope I will have enough for an i7, good enough ram and a geforce card.

Ok heres the deal, i bought a brand new gaming pc (worth a fair bit) and thought i would like to see what it can do so buy arma 2 with it.

I take them home and install Arma 2 and it was soo laggy i mean it was stupidly laggy (fps lagg not ping) i cant even get it to run smooth unless i drop settings to very low and have the lowest 3d resolution but the it just looks blurry and teared. Normally i try to run very low settings with 100% 3d resolution and still laggy.

my pc specs are: Quad 2.4ghz amd phenom

4gb ram

Radeon HD 4850 512mb

windows vista home premium 64 bit

wtf is going is there any know issues with my card or is my pc a waste of money

i know this is a very demanding game but to get major lag on low?! is there any performace fixes?

BTW i got all patched to 1.03

i think your video card is weak for this game, if you want a good performance. forget about setting everything to max, probably what you tried to do. other than that dont see any problem.

The original CPU speed ios 2.6 Ghz but have clocked it to 3.6 Ghz

Does it blue-screen when you stop the overclock? That is a high overclock. Did you stress test it?

Arma seems to hate Vista. I play it on XP and my frame speed is x2. Looking forward to Windows 7 if it will really solve the Vista issues, so maybe I can only have ONE operating system on my machine!

Does it blue-screen when you stop the overclock? That is a high overclock. Did you stress test it?

Arma seems to hate Vista. I play it on XP and my frame speed is x2. Looking forward to Windows 7 if it will really solve the Vista issues, so maybe I can only have ONE operating system on my machine!

I was having the same thought. Maybe rule that out by running stock speed before you start swapping components.

(I apologize if you already mentioned this in an earlier post, but I'm to lazy to backtrack them all).

I believe 7 performance is close to XP, from what I've read. I'd switch myself (running Vista x64 atm), but I don't own a x64 version of XP, so I'm just holding out until late October since I got one of the free upgrade vouchers with my copy of Vista.

In the world of i7's and wolfdales, that isnt a high clock(30% on stock air NP), heck i bet he didnt even get his voltage beyond Intel spec. BUT his uncore(QTT) and ram have been pushed, and they may not have the needed vlt, and timings.

Is it true that ARMA II performance dropped in vista ?:(

While in recommended requirement mentioned Vista as OS

And if it true, how we boost ARMA II's performance on Vista ?

Any help will be great :)

Edited by Special_Air_Service

Of course it is,only thing you can do is google for "Turning off unneeded services in vista" if you don't want to change os.

Ok, with this specs:

35780 Intel Core i7 860 2.8Ghz Box Socket 1156

35802 Asus P7P55D Socket 1156

35947 Xigmatek HDT-S1284 Achilles

34481 OCZ DDR3 PC3-15000 1866MHz Platinum 6GB 3x2GB

34877 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA2 MAESTRO

31807 Cooler Master Dominator CM-690

34347 OCZ ModXStream PRO 700W Modular

35880 Asus Nvidia 7800 GTX 512

Winxp 64 bits updated to the latest patch

Latest nvidia official drivers.

I get arround 20-25 fps with 1680x1050 res and everything in low/medium. Don't know if thats ok or not, obviously the gpu is making a big bottleneck, but anyway i expected a better framerate.... :(

Ok, with this specs:

35780 Intel Core i7 860 2.8Ghz Box Socket 1156

35802 Asus P7P55D Socket 1156

35947 Xigmatek HDT-S1284 Achilles

34481 OCZ DDR3 PC3-15000 1866MHz Platinum 6GB 3x2GB

34877 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA2 MAESTRO

31807 Cooler Master Dominator CM-690

34347 OCZ ModXStream PRO 700W Modular

35880 Asus Nvidia 7800 GTX 512

Winxp 64 bits updated to the latest patch

Latest nvidia official drivers.

I get arround 20-25 fps with 1680x1050 res and everything in low/medium. Don't know if thats ok or not, obviously the gpu is making a big bottleneck, but anyway i expected a better framerate.... :(

I'm actually surprised you're getting as good a framerate as you are. Your GPU is just above minimum spec. Honestly, with the system you have I would highly consider upgrading the old GPU.

Of course it is,only thing you can do is google for "Turning off unneeded services in vista" if you don't want to change os.

I understand now, thx for the advice:)

Play ARMA II in XP for me isn't a good idea:(, because vista had Directx 10 and that will be a booster in the game's graphic:D

Don't worry too much about that. Arma 2 doesn't support Direct x 10 so it's the same in XP as it is in Vista.

Don't worry too much about that. Arma 2 doesn't support Direct x 10 so it's the same in XP as it is in Vista.

so that means there is nothing Directx10 special effect even a bit although using vista ? :eek:

I knew that ARMA II isn't Directx10 full support , it's real virtuality engine 3 is Directx9 which belongs to XP...:(

I thought if were using vista, at least we can get more graphic enhanced or some effect which different than XP:butbut:

Processor:

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory:

4096MB RAM

Hard Drive:

500 GB / 30 GB

Video Card:

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 896MB

Operating System:

Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)

Motherboard:

Asus P5K, P35, Socket-775, DDR2, ATX, GbLan, PCI-ex16 demo

This is my rig, now I play my setting all on high, resolution of 1600 1050 (wide-screen) and I only got object detail on normal and terrain detail on low.

I get 22 to 30 fps which is oke for me, I just can't understand why my fps is even the same when I just click default on the video menu. I know I can run this game way better, sometimes on Utah, not Chernarus my fps is 60, and even in Chernarus sometimes.

I think it really isn't peoples computers that is slow. I think BIS really need to patch this and make the fps go higher. I don't know how, but if anyone does, I'll appreciate it. No "FPS HELPER" as I play online and I just don't want all kinds of addons at the moment.:rolleyes:

Anyways, ArmA 2 rock, so did OFP!:yay:

iv noticed something really weird with arma 2 performance. on the lowest settings i get 25 fps. on the highest with maxed out AA and AF i get the same. it makes no sense

iv noticed something really weird with arma 2 performance. on the lowest settings i get 25 fps. on the highest with maxed out AA and AF i get the same. it makes no sense
thats in the campaign?