Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @3.0Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC

Asus P5N-D Mobo

4GB DDR2 Corsair XMS

Thermaltake Ruby Orb Cpu cooler

Maxtor HDD

EZ COOL 650w PSU

Edited by tankkiller01

Steady 30 FPS is fine. You cannot compare arma to other engines.

50-45 FPS in forest, belov 30 in chernogorsk.. this is "cool" (sarcasm)

Sysstem specs:

C2D E8400 3Ghz

Asus GeForce 9600 GT

2Gb RAM

Win Vista 32Bit

upgrading to a Ati 4890 soon, hopefully I could play in cities then..

Kristian, try the beta patches to see if they help.

As for the campaign, I'm stumped. I pull 22-28 fps (but my system sucks) a couple of my friends claim 40-60 fps straight through the campaign but haven't tried on their systems myself.

i dont know if its the beta patch,

but i turned off the "page file" for all drives

and no -maxmem whatever in my shortcut

my game runs pretty good,

textures are much better only chernogorsk still a little laggy

its the only place on the map where i have the white head issue

but even there it runs better than it did bevore

runnign with everything on highest except vertical sync

view distance 4000mtrs

Anyone confirmed that using MSAA (or also FSAA) "reduces the refresh rate limit" set

by the monitor/GPU?

So instead of 60 FPS lock to 30 FPS..

The way V-Sync works, if it's on, is that it locks your FPS to 60 if you're above 60 fps (auto drops it to 60 fps), but if you are below 60 fps then it drops it to 30 fps, and it drops if it's below that too.

The other option being triple buffering. With this on then instead of 60 dropping to 30 it drops to a different number (higher frame rate than 30)

So most people just have V Sync on and between 30 and 59 FPS.

Conclusion: disable V-Sync before whining. ;)

I believe that NO one has good fps when playing heavy missions like Manhattan in SP. If anyone has good fps post a picture as a proof.

Picture must be taken when there is no menu in screen.

Best I got from the outside view behind my APC was between 18 and 22fps, this was with everything at v-high 1600x1200, it made little difference putting everything down to high in fact I put the 3d res down from 1600x1200 do 800x600 and only got another 3-4fps.

XP 32bit .. Core2 E7400 2.8Ghz .. 4Gb DDR3 .. ATI HF5770 1Gb card.

Kristian, try the beta patches to see if they help.

As for the campaign, I'm stumped. I pull 22-28 fps (but my system sucks) a couple of my friends claim 40-60 fps straight through the campaign but haven't tried on their systems myself.

I am running latest patch using Six updater. No performance upgrades..

maybe when i run my crossfire setup in pci 2.0 x16 mode i get bether fps,

normally manhatten 21 fps nomather what i do it stays there.

(just found out they run in x8 mode)

if someone knows how to fix this ?? ill be very thankfull.... no kisses

i have started getting serious crash's in A2.

first was the HDD stopping all together

last lot i think i'm simply running clean out of power.

so it looks like i'll need a new PSU soon.

I'm getting terrible performance in ArmA after the 1.05 update, it even lags in the menu. I don't know what happened. I used to get a solid 30+ FPS, but now there is a terrible 1/2 - 1 second lag spike every 1-2 seconds. The game is unplayable right now, and I have no idea why. I really hope this gets fixed.

• Steam version, installed 1.05 manually.
  • Athalon 64 X2 5200+ 2.8GHz
  • 4 Gigs of ram
  • ATI 4870 w/ 512mb GDDR5

I hope it helps with a diagnosis.

I'm getting terrible performance in ArmA after the 1.05 update, it even lags in the menu. I don't know what happened. I used to get a solid 30+ FPS, but now there is a terrible 1/2 - 1 second lag spike every 1-2 seconds. The game is unplayable right now, and I have no idea why. I really hope this gets fixed.

• Steam version, installed 1.05 manually.
  • Athalon 64 X2 5200+ 2.8GHz
  • 4 Gigs of ram
  • ATI 4870 w/ 512mb GDDR5

I hope it helps with a diagnosis.

Same problem for me.

1.04 and ATI 9.12 driver no issues. With 1.05 and 9.12 (9.11 too) drivers its unplayable, even in the menu it lags horrible.

Q9550

ATI 4870/512MB

8GB

A friend of mine reported the same Problem to me. He had the 9.12 installed and told me that he has terrible lags even in the Menues. I told him to try the 9.10 version of the ATI Drivers. After that the Problem was nearly fixed. Nearly, because the Performance is still a little bit lower than in Version 1.04 but almost playable.

Greetz,

[AIGB]~Steiner

Hello everbody

I am looking forward to buying this game but hapily i installed demo first before buying and I am disappointed :(

As u know the game stutters and fps is bad and everything is blurry

My rig

Motherboard asus M4A78T-e

700 watt of quality power supply

AMD athlon II X4 620 2.61

Ati Radeon 4890 1GM RAM

4GB RAM

640 7200rpm WD Hard Disk

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate

I have installed latest catalyst drivers and chipset drivers

So that shouldnt be a problem

And the comupter si fine.

Anyway the demo sucks performance although game is 50% more playable than OpF.

i don't give a fu*k about tech stuff etc coz i read mostly of this and some other tread and I am thinking that i wont spend $ for this game but I'll give it a chance if u can gelp me get it running better.

What is the situation with new game patch 1.05 ?

Basicly I am the tired of that tech crap. I don't give a damn what is the problem and what is not, just tell me PLEASE what to do to make it better.l

Just give me the solution in the 1 then 2 then 3 step manner. Please

Thnx u very much

P.S. I wonder if anyone can run this game normally :/

Edited by Scaras

ok so i bought the game today and have since spent all day trying to get it to work. my rig

Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz quad

2GB DDR2 Ram

Nvidia 8500GT (512MB)

Asus P5N-MX Mobo

Windows 7 x64

so i have tried installing Beta nVidia drivers and defragging.

the game is unplayable even on the lowest settings and i am getting horrible lag on the menu screen. anybody know the problem? so far i am guessing it is a 64 bit thing :(

i havnt tried online yet. only solo play and it is all unplayable

ok so i bought the game today and have since spent all day trying to get it to work. my rig

Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz quad

2GB DDR2 Ram

Nvidia 8500GT (512MB)

Asus P5N-MX Mobo

Windows 7 x64

the game is unplayable even on the lowest settings and i am getting horrible lag on the menu screen. anybody know the problem? so far i am guessing it is a 64 bit thing :(

Your video card is a weak point. Also, your CPU (which is the same as mine) will still struggle with this game. Please drop your game 3D resolution to very low resolutions like 1024x768 or 1280x720 or lower if possible. Put all other settings to normal except Anti Aliasing Off and Post Processing Off. Does that run smoother?

Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz quad

2GB DDR2 Ram

Nvidia 8500GT (512MB)

Asus P5N-MX Mobo

Windows 7 x64

8500GT has a 16-processor core. Imagine that arma does not run smoothly even on cards like gtx260, which has 216 processor cores. Architecture of those cards is nearly the same, so, now you see the reason. Q6600 should be ok and won't get you ever under 20-30 fps imho

Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz quad

2GB DDR2 Ram

Nvidia 8500GT (512MB)

Asus P5N-MX Mobo

Windows 7 x64

That GFX card is killing your cpu, in every game, not just Arma. Your CPU is only working at half its potential with an 8500. Get your self a GTS250 or 275 (if you have the cash). You will get a very nice boost in everything.

You also have a 64 bit OS and only 2gb of ram. Sure Arma2 can only use 2gb, but windows Vista and 7 chew up large amounts of it. Adding another 2gb would help greatly.

So, get yourself a GTS250 and 2gb of RAM. It will be like a new PC.

Edited by -=seany=-

Alright fellas,

This is my first post, and it's obvious why i'm on this particular thread :p

i bought rma 2 the other night and it's awesome, except for the fact that it's nice and slow and runs between 18-30fps on LOW!!! Now i went on the "canyourunit" site and checked, and it says i should be able to run it FAST on recommended...

Now i've been searching for solutions; turned pre-rendered frames to 8, turned off that Physx thing and forced Vsync off on the card. these are my specs:

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

Vista 64bit

Nvidia 9500gt 1gb

4gb ram

What the hell is up with this game?! i've seen vids on youtube of this at full spec..i jizzed myself to say the least :yay:

Someone please help me! i'm not much of a tech with pc's but step instructions or/and suggestions i would much appreciate (I'd prefer not to splash out £300 on a new gfx card, if possible!)

Cheers lads!

Your graphics card is the weak point, but before upgrading it i'd suggest making sure your hard drive is fully defragged. If you do upgrade you could get a 5770 or 4890 (5770 while slighty less powerful is good for future proofing and 2 in crossfire rivals the top of the line single gpu cards). Both cards are relatively cheap right now, and while they won't max the game out on top resolution, you should get a very nice boost to performance.