Sign in to follow this  
randir14

Why do so many people play "Chernarus Life Revolution"?

I've joined those servers a few times and I don't understand why they're so popular. Can someone explain to me what the point is? From what I can tell the police have to go around enforcing the law, but playing as a civilian I couldn't figure out how to break the law.

It's a fun way to just goof off Arma style. It can be confusing at first, but once you figure out what's going on, it can be alot of fun. But you have to just be content to just goof off and have fun.

I agree though, it's ridiculous, theres more people playing chernarus life than any PVP.

What does that say? Well.........

Frankly given the choices for servers and games, ya cant really blame em. It is funner than most of the other missions that are out.

People get sick of wandering around the woods by themselves pretty quick. Most PVP is just completely unorganized and when you observe the maps, it looks like children running about, gleefully playing with their toys. People arent designing the maps very well at all. They arent adding objects and cover. They just put a few objectives on the vanilla island and call it done.

Players go try out CL because the servers are always full, and guess what happens when they get in there? They start having fun cuz its so goofy.

Some people can fool themselves into thinking they are playing a "hardcore grown up simulator", but the truth is, most of us have come to terms with the notion that about the only thing arma simulates is either having a muscular disease, or having a hobby. What im trying to say is, most people just want to have fun. fun isnt being provided in the current selection of lackluster missions staged in baron vanilla environments that consist of going from point a to point b with no cover, and no team work.

Arma is a playground for the imagination, and Chernarus Life is doing a better job of providing that type of experience.

Just some thoughts..........lol

Edited by deadsmell

Well I mean I just don't understand how it works. I tried asking people in the server and nobody replied. I tried playing a cop and I didn't even have a gun and couldn't drive police cars, then some dude ran up and shot me.

I agree I have had a few goes and it was the most boring experience since I watched some guys play WoW for hours and do nothing the whole time.

Also the players were not very talkative... I did find it easy to get arrested tho.

Original CL Ultimate Benefits against CL Revolution (Stolen old SL 1.25)

• Stats (storage, inventory, cars, items, your skills, etc) are saved no matter if server crashes or restarts so you don't have to start over again
  • New features are added constantly, the main scripters (not tweakers) are working on the mission
  • Pets, hookers, workers and all new features only in original CL and the makers of the mission are working on it since the days of OFP1 and Nogova Life (also their work)
  • Deathmatch Area
  • Good admins (not the ones who ban you if they don't like you)
  • A steady growing community
  • Different games (mw, mw2, ofp2, arma2, etc) more soon
  • Original Videos and Trailers
  • Many more!

Play on original Chernarus Life!

Don't join the dark side!

And by the way:

legal.png

Speaking about the trailers..

Here's ours (and more wip):

5bnesFwcY68

Is there any other "cool" stolen CL who has Videos like we do? Guess why?

Edited by TemichSablin

For the same reason people also play modes like Evolution and Domination to death. If you know the basics of the game, they're accessible, easy and reward you with unlocks as you progress.

In other words, the exact opposite of a military simulator. :D

It'd be fine if they weren't the only modes being played...

I don't really get it either, but overall it sounds (and looks) like a great way to have a little fun outside of the normal modes.

The only issue I have is that the servers offering this mode are aussie... Nothing against australians, but it doesn't really help a lot when you get kicked for high ping after 5 minutes of trying to figure out how it all works.. So hopefully there will be other servers offering it soon?

So hopefully there will be other servers offering it soon?

The original server is in Germany. Feel free to play on it. More information @ www.rp-mods.com

and couldn't drive police cars,

you probly couldnt drive the police cars because they wernt yours and had been locked, to drive one you have to BUY your own one, first withdraw money from the bank guy at police base then go to the vehicle buy guy at police base and pay for one(in short)

People play this because it is so different to normal maps the amount of stuff thats changed is staggering, reguards to the creators, you can do illegal things (make drugs, become a terrorist ect or be legal and do delivery/taxi jobs or fish ect)

Also to do with the 2 versions the stolen CL Revolution and the origional regually beta updated version ultimate ive noticed some things

the stolen one: is now being updated

-very good for short term and very fun you earn money relitively fast and its very stable and always has a huge amount of players,

-there are many servers which almost all have alot of players on, but,

-its a stolen version that ahs been modded without permission or thought about the creators, however,

the origional one:has always been updated

-has a huge amount more stuff and veriety off things that can be done on it even compared to revolution and is a much more long term option BUT,

-it is a beta and not very stable constant disconection for many players makes it hard to keep playing it

-it takes a long time to earn money compared to revolution

-there is only one server that uses it because it is in beta and it is often relitively deserted as people are often disconected

i would heavily recomend trying out the ultimate version all credit to the creators but if your feeling a little adventurous once you have read up on how things work or asked for help ect you should also try the revolution version as it has alot more players but mainly for its stability until the origional comes out of beta

as ive said throughout all credit goes to the creators at rp-mods.com

Edited by WoodenSpoons

" Pets, hookers, workers and all new features only in original CL and the makers of the mission are working on it since the days of OFP1 and Nogova Life (also their work) "

you mean shawn 12 gauge and the other one whatever they were called?

Nogova Life was never released for OpFlash 1, but is made by Issetea and Fewo (rp-mods).

Nogova Crime or Crime City (w/e) is from a different author than us.