Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

LOL

I've noticed the same. Maybe this is the way they're trying to keep the soul of the OFP:CWC.

ok, at risk of sounding like an idiot, but...

Exactly how different were you expecting still pictures of the animations to be? Animations are just that, animations. Their whole purpose is to depict movement. To try and make comparisons on animations based on pictures is missing the mark.

Now, if you can show me a video that shows OFP and OFPII animations being the same, I will agree with you. But pictures that do not depict movement? Come on guys...

But pictures that do not depict movement?

I was well aware of this, that´s why none of the units in OFP:CWC pics did move when i made the screenshot.

Also at least 1st, 2nd & 4th pics of FP:DR were shot when the units 'stood' still - with only the 3rd having a minimal transition between squatting and standing wink_o.gif

oh, ok.

But really, how many different ways can you do a crouching animation (or any animation)? They are going to look somewhat similar. If anything, at least in OFP2 the soldiers are holding the guns properly, so there's some improvement biggrin_o.gif

Isn't that Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis compared to Flashpoint:Elite Xbox1? Lo res images make it hard to tell.

But really, how many different ways can you do a crouching animation (or any animation)?  They are going to look somewhat similar.  If anything, at least in OFP2 the soldiers are holding the guns properly, so there's some improvement biggrin_o.gif

I dont know. But when i watched that footage for the first time

there was something shouting at me "OFP OFP OFP.." - and it wasn´t the portrayed gameplay, that´s for sure! confused_o.gif

Isn't that Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis compared to Flashpoint:Elite Xbox1? Lo res images make it hard to tell.

No biggrin_o.gif

All images on the right side were taken from the somewhat hires version of the latest DR trailer:

@How many different ways can you do the same animation?

So many different ways you couldn't possibly imagine. Animating is an art form. It's more than just conveying movement, but telling you about the character. I know this sounds like hippy talk, but it's true. It's as important and varied as the visual appearance of the character. In every game you can think of, name one, besides ofp2, that has their characters with their legs spread in any stance like they do in ofp1. But we aren't talking about the animations themselves per se, we're talking about the posing, which is one of the elements of animation- the others being timing, overlapping action, overshoot, anticipation, etc. At any rate, those poses aren't great. They have terrible lines of action, like they are expanding in every direction at once. It is kind of an aggressive and grandiose pose but it lacks focus. At least they have a dynamic silhouette and they are easily readable.

I hope this hints at how sophisticated animating actually is. There is many ways to portray a guy standing with a gun.

Oops sad_o.gif

You're very evil paul. tounge2.gif

Intressting comparison burns. thumbs-up.gif

Oops sad_o.gif

lol when i read this i thought who will throw the first stone tounge2.gif

puuh i love this sense of humor biggrin_o.gif

But to be honest when i first saw those animation it reminded me of "The Planet of the Apes" i also wrote that on a german forum.

The great thing about all of this "rivalry" between games is the fact that we as players will be the winners. Competition means that both BIS and Codies will hopefully be trying to bring us the best game and out do their counterpart.

I guess that's everyone main hope, we all might have a favorite out of the two, personally I like arma2 because it's directly related to Ofp.

Now I'm not ruling out OFP-DR it's just I see it as a larger BF2 game.

I'll probably buy both, I'm all for addons and I know arma2 will have access to arma addons, OFP-DR, well it's unknown at the moment.

I starting leaning towards arma2 when it was clear no flyable jet aircraft were in OFP-DR, I like the way arma/2 allows for a total combat enviroment.

I just hope OFP-DR can stop the 'bunny hoppers'  else it will be BF2 revisited with a hint of old school TFC and counter strike thrown in.

also on this video, our mate clive says 'additional content will be available via download' whats the odds on having to pay fo these?

OFP-DR

Southy

I guess that's everyone main hope, we all might have a favorite out of the two, personally I like arma2 because it's directly related to Ofp.

Now I'm not ruling out OFP-DR it's just I see it as a larger BF2 game.

I'll probably buy both, I'm all for addons and I know arma2 will have access to arma addons, OFP-DR, well it's unknown at the moment.

I starting leaning towards arma2 when it was clear no flyable jet aircraft were in OFP-DR, I like the way arma/2 allows for a total combat enviroment.

I just hope OFP-DR can stop the 'bunny hoppers'  else it will be BF2 revisited with a hint of old school TFC and counter strike thrown in.

also on this video, our mate clive says 'additional content will be available via download' whats the odds on having to pay fo these?

OFP-DR

Southy

Clearly they are planning to creat xbox live downloadable contains, but for now we have no idea if those contains are paid item or free

Oops sad_o.gif

To paraphrase one wise person:

It's not about the graphics it's about how much heart and soul that gets put into a game.....  tounge2.gif

We'll see.

Oops sad_o.gif

You're very evil paul. tounge2.gif

Intressting comparison burns.  thumbs-up.gif

You're disparaging me! I honestly thought Burns was having a bit of fun and comparing Flashpoint1 with Flashpoint:Elite which of course I didn't think was fair in the "FP:DR" thread hence me raising the point.

Imho this interview sounds like OFP2 will be close to a movieshooter "biggest challenge is to show the effects of big weapons". OFP2 = casual game with boosterpacks ?

Im quite sure codies dont care what BIS say, they are just a (too big) ignorant company Imo.

but if it really comes to court, I guess BIS has a good point. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Im quite sure codies dont care what BIS say, they are just a (too big) ignorant company Imo.

Ohh im sure they WILL care if more and more players read the news about this....

This could mean a big drop in Sales.

You know, in todays world (if the kids are not below age of 15 years), People often do "care" if they read a news that a "small" and "Independent" company fires against a multi-billion, money-horny/greedy big corporation which literally "abuses" a good name for their crap product.

This Press release makes it undoubtedly clear, that BIS has made OFP and makes the true Sequels - not Codemasters!

Clear breach of earlier agreements and well justified. Just because you're big, doesn't mean the rules doesn't apply to you. smile_o.gif

It might backfire, however. Seeing that Codemasters have removed the ''2'' in the title some might think this is the first game. If then the word ''sequal'' isn't mentioned - Ultimately the name Bohemia Interactive Studio and it's OFP:CWC will be non-existent.

Beating the drums harder could be a part of the marketing concept. Some people could say - Operation Flashpointâ„¢ Dragon Rising cant stand on its own as a new milgame. whistle.gif

Hope that newssites and magazines will mention the different developers and point out that Codemasters is only the owner of the trade mark.

Edit:

What about writing below Arma2 the line

"The real developers of the multi-award winning Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis"  wink_o.gif

If they want american pr stunts answer them with british/european understatement/humor.

Oops sad_o.gif

lol when i read this i thought who will throw the first stone tounge2.gif

puuh i love this sense of humor biggrin_o.gif

But to be honest when i first saw those animation it reminded me of "The Planet of the Apes" i also wrote that on a german forum.

Been ROFLing for about 5 min now.. Planet of the apes. And I thought the DR troops only looked like they had bad backs. I guess they DO look like they could use a shave.. Thanks for that one Bionic.

And yes, the complex desctiption of the posing and animation makes it clearer, this is either an obvious placeholder, or an over-theatrically done 'Oh Noes, wees in troubles11!!!1' time will tell.

[...]

Hope that newssites and magazines will mention the different developers and point out that Codemasters is only the owner of the trade mark.

[...]

Well, we (includes others wink_o.gif) are constantly posting on gamemags and newspages intel, but it took years to get those facts into the brains of editors. It also took at least one year to get the editors at the german speaking online mag pcgames.de, to the point where they start to see, that there is a difference between tactical shooters and a mil sim. They are now speaking of a mil sim, when they write something about ArmA or ArmAII. So i guess they all know, that there is more to tell, than CM has built OFP - and yes they do. Also, gamestar.de and pcgames.de, are now consequently telling, that OFP:CWC/R was coded by BIS, not by CM: "...the original dev team was BIS"...

A plague on both your houses!

Just shut up and make me some decent fucking games already. tounge2.gif