FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

But I'll just say this. All of you diehard fans will either ignore me or tell me to shut up, but oh well. :p

Arma II IGN Score: 7.8 out of 10.

Operation Flashpoint IGN Score: 8.1 out of 10.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare IGN Score: 9.4

...oh wait.

Pointless to wave around with numbers.

EDIT: Even better: Far Cry 2 IGN Score: 8.9 :banghead:

Edited by Deadfast

But I'll just say this. All of you diehard fans will either ignore me or tell me to shut up, but oh well. :p

Another one?

You idiots just don't get it do you?

We don't care about scores - A2 received some very bad scores/criticism a la mainstream gaming media.

Guess what, I don't care. I could write you a list of games that suck a$$ IMHO but have received very high scores in magazines.

We don't like DR because it is very limited in scope and does not provide us with the versatility we have in OFP/A2.

Now sod off to the CM forums where you will find plenty of like minded people who use other people's opinions (magazine scores in this case) to make their purchasing decisions for them.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

A guy who liked orange score an orange for 9 out of 10 while score apple 7 out of 10

Another guy who liked apple score an orange for 6.7 out of 10 while score apple 10 out of 10

That is, what Game review score means nowadays, unless you acturally think that they are run through a high-school physics test with 100 multiple-choice question then those score hardly mean anything except how the reviewer themself like the game

So what?

Battlefield: Bad Company — 8.6

Battlefield 1942 — 9.3

Battlefield 2 — 8.9

Battlefield 2142 — 8.4

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare — 9.4

Call of Duty: World at War — 9.2

Call of Duty 3 — 8.8

So what?

Battlefield: Bad Company — 8.6

Battlefield 1942 — 9.3

Battlefield 2 — 8.9

Battlefield 2142 — 8.4

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare — 9.4

Call of Duty: World at War — 9.2

Call of Duty 3 — 8.8

You left out my favorite :(

Far Cry 2 IGN Score: 8.9

Actually I can't wait to rent this game for the 360. I don't have to mess with settings, don't have to tweak my machine and the game for hours on end to try and make it run well on my somewhat crappy machine. Nowadays all I want to do is play. I've been tweaking games and my machines since the early 90s and I'm done with it. Either it runs well or not. ARMA2 won't run for me so I'll try this one and see. If I like the rental I'll buy the PC version and I've been a BI fan quite a while. It's like renting a car on vacation.

Grow up guys

Yes scores and reviews are objective, but as noone else has played the game, they do give us a good insight. Its funny how all reviews are dismissed all of a sudden ( due to all the DR reviews being good ) and yet when ARMA2 was released ONLY the bad reviews were dismissed. When certain forum members are off line, theres a mature discussion of the pros and cons of the game in this thread - then the trolls come and it all turns to ****

Yes scores and reviews are objective, but as noone else has played the game, they do give us a good insight.

Did you mean subjective?

Its funny how all reviews are dismissed all of a sudden ( due to all the DR reviews being good )...

Scores are dismissed.

Unless you mean that "review" you have already posted like zillion times. That isn't even a review.

When certain forum members are off line, theres a mature discussion of the pros and cons of the game- then the trolls come and it all turns to ****

Do you mean like this?

lol an BIS fan saying that the Gold version is the final version a game should be judged on.

As much as Arma 2 is really the sequel to the first ArmA, it is primarily the sequel to Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

:rolleyes: :D

I would be so much more interested in this game if it wasn't advertised as the successor to OFP.

I'm in the 'definately not buying' camp, but it's possible I could be persuaded by future youtube vids of multiplayer and supportive BIS community opinions. :j:

deadfast you are meant to be a mature BIS community member. Wtf is with all this arguing you've been doing with space for the last 100 pages.

@ all

Can't we just discuss the game without the sarcasm, flaming, "you're a troll" tripe.

I honestly think this should be closed until the game is released. The thread is turning into a typical OFP: DR style flame war.

Grow up. All of you.

Grow up guys

Yes scores and reviews are objective, but as noone else has played the game, they do give us a good insight. Its funny how all reviews are dismissed all of a sudden ( due to all the DR reviews being good ) and yet when ARMA2 was released ONLY the bad reviews were dismissed. When certain forum members are off line, theres a mature discussion of the pros and cons of the game in this thread - then the trolls come and it all turns to ****

Mmm ... I never ever did read one of those mentioned magazines.

They are about games.

And their authors are gamers who do a lot of gaming, not milsims.

It's completely ok for BI Games to even gain "bad" results there ... I would say it's a kind of certificate.

If BI games get an "AA++" over there it's because someone has understood, what BI Games are about.

But you cannot rely on that.

DR is a game, BI Games are milsims ... and yes, ... /yawn

Grow up guys

Please.

You come over here from CM and do everything you can to bash Arma2 and sell the hightlights of DR and then have the nerve to tell people to grow up.

Are you really so objective? Where on this site do you ever discuss Arma2 in a positive light in any form? I have never used the term Troll before, but I think this is pretty much a clear and cut case.

Why are you here so much? To discuss and compare the 2 games or to try cheap salesmen tricks and spindoctoring.

Sorry for you, but DR just doesn't look that hot to the majority of original BI fans -yep, most of us will try it and if we like it I presume buy it. thats just the way it is and no amount of cheap salesmanship is going to change that.

deadfast you are meant to be a mature BIS community member. Wtf is with all this arguing you've been doing with space for the last 100 pages.

@ all

Can't we just discuss the game without the sarcasm, flaming, "you're a troll" tripe.

I honestly think this should be closed until the game is released. The thread is turning into a typical OFP: DR style flame war.

Grow up. All of you.

well, the game seems to be released, we are just waiting different players reviews:j:

-Ziggy-;1455417'](...)

I would be so much more interested in this game if it wasn't advertised as the successor to OFP. (...)

Yeeah.

Than i would take a look.

But this seems a big misuse of the name for me.

A kind of betrayal to the people who will buy this in good remembrance of OFP.

I've given plenty of criticism of DR, but Ive also defended it where the posts against it have been absurd. Ive also discussed the positives and negatives of ARMA.

The difference is that some of you ONLY discuss positives of ARMA and only negetives of DR.

As I said in a previous post, Im a gamer and my only loyalty is to good games ;)

I've given plenty of criticism of DR, but Ive also defended it where the posts against it have been absurd. Ive also discussed the positives and negatives of ARMA.

The difference is that some of you ONLY discuss positives of ARMA and only negetives of DR.

As I said in a previous post, Im a gamer and my only loyalty is to good games ;)

Really? Then why after a review quote stated that OFP2 actually achieved what Arma2 was trying to do -CM moderator Viiper stated someone should post this on the BI forum.

Your response "I'm one step ahead of you Viiper"

Is that not Trolling in it's highest form? Do you equally go over to CM and copy/paste review snippets that declare Arma 2 in a better light ad-nauseum?

Don't think so. I'm done with you.

I seems to forgot some of the criticism of DR you have made, aside from the MP limit(which you defend it with "there is a trade off" without saying what have been trade as a return), and what else?

(do notice this is just a normal question, I just dont bother to dig in 20 page of rubbish to find out what have been said )

Really? Then why after a review quote stated that OFP2 actually achieved what Arma2 was trying to do -CM moderator Viiper stated someone should post this on the BI forum.

Your response "I'm one step ahead of you Viiper"

Is that not Trolling in it's highest form? Do you equally go over to CM and copy/paste review snippets that declare Arma 2 in a better light ad-nauseum?

Don't think so. I'm done with you.

As the matter of fact till now I still dont know what OFP:DR have actually achieved

Edited by 4 IN 1

A game that works would be a big step forward for BI.

(...)

So much about space being not an Codemaster-advertising guy.

He doesn't seem to know that there a hundreds if not thousands of gamers enjoying this "not working game" each night.

He doesn't seem to be able to open the Multiplayermenue to see a few hundred of them online.

Grow up guys

By trolls you mean you of course. You actually have the balls to call others out when the only reason you signed up was to troll? Muppet.

You have never contributed anything of substance here.

What happens is that your pathetic arguments are refuted over and over again and after a while, people get agitated by your seemingly endless ignorance and they react.

If you'd just go away and play in your own garden, the older kids wouldn't have to bully you all the time.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

90% of my posts on the CM forum are saying that without dedicated servers and mod support the game will be dead in 6 months. Several times on this forum Ive asked, why you pick over minor issues, whilst ignoring the fact that those 2 features are missing?

Even without those features the game still looks like it will be good, and if you like realistic shooters, then it will be worth buying. But that doesnt mean that it will outlast ARMA or be better than ARMA will be in the years to come ( Ive said that in several posts here as well )

Like I said I have no loyalty to any company, and I have actually been far more negative about DR on the CM forum, because there they actually talk about the important features that are missing!

-Ziggy-;1455417']:rolleyes: :D

I would be so much more interested in this game if it wasn't advertised as the successor to OFP.

I'm in the 'definately not buying' camp' date=' but it's possible I could be persuaded by future youtube vids of multiplayer and supportive BIS community opinions. :j:[/quote']

Ditto. It may be a little petty but it is one of the main reasons I am not a huge fan of DR.

Eth

3697203418b4a1c3a490o.jpg

I changed my mind, I support cm idea on locking the thread for a while to people to cool down a bit

@space

those feature missing is already being discussed and bitched to death since day one those news is out, which people here simply didnt bother the discuss any more since those only will lead the thread no where

Edited by 4 IN 1

90% of my posts on the CM forum are saying that without dedicated servers and mod support the game will be dead in 6 months. Several times on this forum Ive asked, why you pick over minor issues, whilst ignoring the fact that those 2 features are missing?

Even without those features the game still looks like it will be good, and if you like realistic shooters, then it will be worth buying. But that doesnt mean that it will outlast ARMA or be better than ARMA will be in the years to come ( Ive said that in several posts here as well )

Like I said I have no loyalty to any company, and I have actually been far more negative about DR on the CM forum, because there they actually talk about the important features that are missing!

Ahh, now you are taking a softer tack and trying to make out that there is objectivity and free speech on the CM forums. Seriously guy, just *** off.

You're on ignore from now on. You're a liar and a troll.

/end off

Eth

PS : Good idea 4 in 1, best to let the hype for Dumptruck Rising blow over.