FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

And now on to read the rest of the 3 pages posted overnight...

Spending time on 4chan will be more productive.

It's all: OFP: DR is THE SHIT. ArmA2 sucks. And then vice versa.

Spending time on 4chan will be more productive.

I wish I read that before the last few pages...

Still source for some excellent lulz. I cant believe how dumb some people can be... :j:

I wish I read that before the last few pages...

Still source for some excellent lulz. I cant believe how dumb some people can be... :j:

Hehe

Man i couldn't stop laughin because it was like a cleaner who has never touched a pc tellling an IT expert how to properly configure his pc

Edited by vasmkd

If CM plans to release payable DLCs, the devs will make sure the game is not easily moddable without proper tools. Also its unlikely that the devs will give modding support before they achieve the profit they want from DLCs. A similar case is with Empire:Total War. They promised modding support and spoken about releasing mod tools but after almost a year there are no mod tools in sight but a couple of DLCs and a new expansion. I suspect something similar will happen to OFPDR or any other game that releases DLCs.

Well, the same applies to arma2... your AI there can't vault either.... (though I think they may walk through things from time to time)

This proves that the OFPDR AI is pretty much just as "retarded" as the ARMA2 AI. From the videos I've seen/reviews I read I can't quite figure out why the OFPDR AI is better than the ARMA2 AI? It have the same pathfinding and driving problems as the BIS AI. Furthermore while the BIS AI inhumanly accurate at long distances, the OFPDR AI seems to miss you from 10-20m, so how exactly the DR AI is better.

Something regarding Flarmapoint2's feature list. Besides the animations everything else is already in ARMA2 or will be added in the near future. Yes there are some nice animations but to me this doesn't bring much of the military simulation. Kicking doors and having nice reloading animations won't make me feel more like a soldier on the battlefield. The fear of not knowing where the enemy is something hard to acomplish in OFPDR. In the 2x2km birdcage its quite hard to surprise your enemy.

Dont try defend bis, they're way behind the times, nothings changed, arma2 is still basic, and featureless. Everyone getting excited for the next patch... bis is just lazy. ofpdr is jam packed with features, such as:

<big long list of bs already debunked above>

]you guys make me laugh, im not a fan boy, im stating the facts.

"Stating the facts" yes, because everything you stated there was fact. That list is so much PR bullshit its sad. If you believe that to be "fact" then would you like to buy some moon-cheese from me? Its fantastically tasty and lasts awesomely long...

OFPDR downside is the mp. PC isnt so bad, and im sure player numbers, and map areas wil be increased over time.

Theres no proof of that, and even if it did, MP isnt important, is it? I'll leave you to enjoy your ~4 hour SP campaign... (which may or may not be lengthened by paid-for DLC)

...Some of the limitations in DR are part of the optimization, to make this game literally LAG free! you will be able to play DR on pretty low spec machines, and even with much action, you will continue to have a rock solid frame rate.

No, they're part of the "oh god we cant actually do this on the xbox360/ps3 because they are so limited in power." Its not optimised for a lag-free experience, its cut-down to be able to run on consoles. Simple as.

lol, i was justifying the reason why im intersted in ofpdr, and i wasnt 'hyping' lol. :rolleyes: Why did you mention hype?

Using the words "awesome" and "fantastic" every sentance is hyping. Plain and simple. Facts do not come with "awesome" or "fantastic" attached to them, facts are like: The British WAH-64 Apache Mk. 1 has more powerful Rolls-Royce engines than the American AH-64D.

Facts contain information, and no hint of an opinion.

yes, because imo, they are awesome, k?

Wait, I thought they were facts? But now they're all "In [your] Opinion".

damn... you think i would just write a load of bull shiz dude? well, you're wrong. Everything i wrote was fact.

If you truly believe that, I feel sorry for you, I really do...

i havent played the game, but ive read reviews by people who have, and ive read what the devs have posted on the forum.
it isnt somthing you can judge without playing the game first.

Hypocrite much? How can you say dragon risings ai is awesome, then brush off people who say it might suck with the argument "but you havent played it yet" when neither have you... :j:

hmm you seem to think only mp side of ofpdr is important. No, not really, get back to you basic, plain, boring world of arma 2 ;)

Plain and boring... Yes, and the ~4 hours of SP you'll get in dragon rising isnt "plain and boring". Bug-ridden it may have been, but at least the ArmA2 campaign was longer than ~4 hours...

yea, there is a few negs that ive mentioned, but as there a few steps back for ofpdr, arma 2 has stayed the same, since 2001, same old game, same old tech.

Yes and no, ArmA2 has gained a lot of new capabilities, whilst a lot of old bugs have remained un-fixed, to even pretend that it hasnt changed since 2001 is ridiculous. Dragon rising, however, isnt even the equivalent of OFP. Which is 8 years older (and by the logic that ArmA2 hasnt changed since then, still makes ArmA2 "steps ahead" of dragon rising, by your own admission).

stop thinking about mp for just a second lol

As ofpdr is feature packed, arma 2 is featurless.

Dragon rising is feature packed with its short (~4 hour) single player campaign, tiny little 2x2km boxes for multiplayer and half-assed "features" such as "FLIR"

wow thats pretty bad.... nothing to be proud of there bis...

Yes, because supporting your game after release is something to be ashamed of. Would you be just super-happy if codemasters released dragon rising with one really annoying bug, but then moved onto the next game, never patching that bug, and never adding new features and functionality? I'm sure you'd just be super-duper happy about that, wouldnt you.

You guys contuniue calling me a troll, is rather amusing, some of you do seem rather small minded, maybe even simple minded.
As ofpdr is feature packed, arma 2 is featurless.

Among almost all of your other posts seems: 1. pretty simple minded, and 2. pretty troll like to me....

My post was backed up by fact, i dont bullshizm there isnt any point.

As I said before, if you really believe that list is fact, then I feel sorry for you...

Plus, how am i trolling? im in off topic, in OFPDR thread, talking about a game im intersted in. You guys.... :D

I dont even know where to begin with this one... If you're that super-happy about DR, and you're not interested in "converting" any one from here over to it, what is the point of posting here other than to troll?

Typically: posting that the game of the creator, whos forums you are posting in, is crap and that everyone should look at this awesome new other game made by someone else. Is trolling. No other way of looking at it.

yep pretty ground breaking stuff there, bis you should be proud! even tho eevry wepon and vehicle you made acts in the same way. Bit i am glad you had the time to make arma into farma lol, never mind about improving the actual game, lets play as sheep!

Taking the time to add ambient life, civilians and other incidental detail to the scenario, so that you cant just go in guns-a-blazin and shoot everything that moves, is truly a wrong step in a simulation, isnt it. And dont try and defend dragon risings lack of civilians with a "but you dont know the story". I do, and their storyline is utter bullshit. Russia asking the Americans for help against China over oil. Yes, in la-la-fairy land maybe, but in the real world, not a chance. You dont have to be a Janes analist to see that. The whole idea that "all the civilians fled the warzone" is bullshit too. What was the last war you heard of where the invading force was kind enough to inform the civilians of their impending doom, and that they should probably get out before the shooting starts? Thats right, NEVER. Most people wouldnt have the means to leave, others wouldnt want to (have you ever tried to move people from their homes? You'll find that 90% of the population will say "fuck you" and slam the door in your face). For a game thats claiming to be "realistic", dragon risings storyline is utter shite. But then most of the reviews say the only hint of the story is in the very first cut-scene, so we probably dont have to worry abut that either...

Plus, dont take things so seriously wolly, its all good, im not hating on you lol
space please do realise im not a troll, altho i feel im surrounded by them in this thread.
*gasps* i was a huge fan of your work madmatt, shame you act in this way tho...
this is a OFPDR thread, i dont know about you, but everything ive said is relavent to this thread. Just got a bunch of fanboys upset because im intersted in a game called ofpdr.

Seems like trolling to me...

indeed, if you'd care to research the story, you would realise why.

As I said above, the story which is utter bullshit, and about as thin as a sheet of super-discount toilet paper.

Was that comment for real> seriously? if you take a look at what i originally posted, (which was releated to the thread topic), and then seen the wave of trolls that arrived, maybe you would realise lol

When you dive into a thread, feet first, spouting bullshit on a "competitors" forum, you can expect people to be a little upset...

ok, point out where i was talking nonsence about ofpdr. Id watch what you say too, carry on acting like that and you get an infraction, follow the rulz, or leave.

1. See my previous debunking post. 2. Ohh, now we're cracking open the internet tough guy approach. Nice.

hahaha what a fool, you just embarressed your fan boy mates there lol
im gonna look now, and if there isnt any problems with it, and you have proof otherwise, you're just as brain dead as the rest of the trolls in this dragon rising thread.

And mud-flinging and name calling isnt classic "brain-dead" behaviour?

you didnt pay attention in other words in regards to what the whole story is about.

And you, it seems, didnt pay attention to what this whole forum is about.

As a closing, if you read all the quotes without my interjection, I find it amazing that this guy isnt banned yet. Now, I know we dont ban people for having different opinions (unlike some places) but we do ban for blatant trolling, and it seems that a lot of that went on overnight...

Well, guys, from what we can see in Flarmapoint posts, he is a 14 years old kid (let's count the enormous amount of "lol" in his posts) who never (seriously) played BIS games, considering his laughable list of cool FP : DR features.

What he says doesn't only make himself ridiculous, but also the game he is trying to defend. FP : DR isn't my cup of tea but it doesnt deserve such fanboys.

Anyway we should simply ignore those trolls to keep this thread usefull.

Well DM I cant be bothered to individually respond to every piece of misinformation you typed there, but almost every negative thing you typed there is in fact confirmed as the opposite. Anyway, we'll all find out how the game plays this week.

As I said earlier in the thread, some of you are painting yourself into a corner.

Why are people still feeding the troll?

Space, given your join date... Did you just join to troll on this thread?

Well DM I cant be bothered to individually respond to every piece of misinformation you typed there

How very convinient. But yet you were bothered enough to post about it... PostCount++ eh?

Edited by echo1

Well DM I cant be bothered to individually respond to every piece of misinformation you typed there, but almost every negative thing you typed there is in fact confirmed as the opposite. Anyway, we'll all find out how the game plays this week.

As I said earlier in the thread, some of you are painting yourself into a corner.

I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong when I'm proven otherwise.

Until then, everything posted is based on what has been confirmed in videos or posted by Helios, and NOT based on the laundry list of promises made by Sion, the fat guy(I forget his name :s ) et-al.

According to this thread on the codemasters forums much of what I have said is being proven to be true.

Also, I was considering debunking your ACE arguments, but since other people have already done so well, I didnt see the need to do it a second time.

Interesting that you "cant be bothered" to prove that dragon rising is so awesome tho :cool:

Edit: would seem ch_123 sees it the same way...

Edited by DM

ok, point out where i was talking nonsence about ofpdr. Id watch what you say too, carry on acting like that and you get an infraction, follow the rulz, or leave.

You talked non-sense by trying to present features as awesome and completely new, when they are either all but new or not even tested

Ballistic, penetration, nothing new. Before dissing A2 advances, you should know what you talk about and how A2 advanced in these matters compared to its predecessors (just FYI, CWC had no penetration, A1 had some but on few materials, A2 has them in core engine)

Awesome AI, to tell you the truth, the more I see videos and reviews, the less I expect from them. Attacking in the open an APC with handguns, reacting to ennemy fire by dropping to the ground. It's like I was watching A1 AI (and this is really not a praise).

Reports telling they see through bushes (yeah, incredible, I try to have diverse reports and don't stick to the only ones allowed on official DR forums where anything negative about the game is purely and simply deleted) and they never do things differently from 1 try to another (zero replayability)

If you didn't manage to see the difference in AI between A1 and A2, you must be somewhat blind

Animations have DR as clear winner here for me (even though I dislike the walking animation I see in videos)

Armor handling also, though I'd really like to have something else to check it than CM talking about it, because quite frankly, the latest round of news on how they handle features they announce makes me really, really suspiscious about how they implemented armor and how it'll act in the final product.

Latest round of news being limiting MP beyond anything usable for realistic scenarios, and putting limits that would even kill editor

The constant relation of these two games is frustrating. They are in no way competing, ArmA 2 wins the mil sim down pat. I just want to know if the damn multiplayer is decent or not. Its the only thing that will possibly sway me to downloading the demo, let alone buying the game.

the MP sounds.. well.. "handicapped" to say the least. Im positive that its solely so that the game works on consoles.... fucking bane on the gaming world. Whats the point putting a game on a leash on PC's?

Madd - ask Zipper to prove any of these bad reviews of the missions - I think you'll find that every post he makes in this thread is incorrect. Heres some OFP : DR reviews. I read them a while ago, so I cant remember whats in them exactly, but I doubt youll find anyone complaining about the missions :

oxm review 8/10

PC Zone review 9/10

PC Gamer 87%

It may seem a bit weird replying to a post that was made this long ago, but this thread went from page 366 to 379 in one night.

I am not falsifying anything that I am saying here. I remember reading quite clearly in this thread a review that was posted saying that the story in the campaign is almost non-existent and that the campaign is quite short.

I really can't be bothered to look for it, you can if you don't agree. After all, this thread did explode over night by 13 pages, so you can see the task you would have ahead of yourself. But none of what I have posted in this thread is false, unless I point out deliberately that it is.

And just because 3 reviews gave it good scores doesn't mean that the campaign is good. But judging from what I have heard about the DR storyline, it isn't particularly engaging and I can see it as being something more involved for console players (which is strange, since COD4 had one of the best storylines I've seen in a video game), but not for myself.

i thought id come back to see if any more people were as simple minded as the other trolls i encountered the other day. DM you top the list with your complete bullshit lol, you really dont have a clue do you lol, that list i made, were all fact, and i thought people would talk abou the features, but instead they cry and say how good farma 2 is. Arma 2 is so 90's lol, thus most of you dont care becasue were born in the 30's lol, and been gaming forever.

I would debunk every post you made DM but i dont have the time today, youy lack of knowledge, or update of knowledge is laughable, dont embaress your self by no proof lol, every answer you provided was so weak, like "damn it has to be pr this is pr team dude, no fucking proof dude ahhhhh, and this has to be fake because IVE not seen proof". Truly pathetic lol. If your gonna debunk posts, make sure you have evidence, proof to back your claims, alls you end up looking like a tard in front of your fanboys.

All the features that in that list we have seen in all the videos, and im gonna lmao when you guys are eating your words oct6th!

Its rather sad that a bunch of blokes come into a thread that is dedicated to flashpoint fans, and only come in here to troll, i feel a little sorry for you. You just cant admit how much better ofpdr will be. Arma2 reminds me of that film Groundhog Day lol.

OFPDR will be 100x better, and even bis devs can't wait to play this game. Seriously tho, i did come into this thread to talk about ofdr features, but i was confronted by the Super troll gang lol :D

Okz well this is the very last message im posting, im gonna leave this forum now, ofpdr is days away! cant wait! :D just like you guys cant! :D

See ya on the battlefield! ;)

It may seem a bit weird replying to a post that was made this long ago, but this thread went from page 366 to 379 in one night.

I am not falsifying anything that I am saying here. I remember reading quite clearly in this thread a review that was posted saying that the story in the campaign is almost non-existent and that the campaign is quite short.

I really can't be bothered to look for it, you can if you don't agree. After all, this thread did explode over night by 13 pages, so you can see the task you would have ahead of yourself. But none of what I have posted in this thread is false, unless I point out deliberately that it is.

And just because 3 reviews gave it good scores doesn't mean that the campaign is good. But judging from what I have heard about the DR storyline, it isn't particularly engaging and I can see it as being something more involved for console players (which is strange, since COD4 had one of the best storylines I've seen in a video game), but not for myself.

Pre release reviews are all bullshit anyway.

You'll only get an objective opinion after it's released.

Read any IGN preview and it's "we're so excited", "looks awesome" etc etc but that can be quickly be replaced by a 2/10 AFTER the game is released.

Eth

Oh dear Flarma your post is going to make them cry :D

But one thing you're definitely right about is the fact we'll all get to see the game this week, so hopefully everyone will have the facts then :)

Oh dear Flarma your post is going to make them cry :D

...with laughter. I know I did.

I miss the days when trolls could troll properly. All Flarma does is describe himself... It's obvious that he has some deep-rooted psychological issues, and I think he just needs a hug.

Edited by echo1

Okz well this is the very last message im posting, im gonna leave this forum now, ofpdr is days away! cant wait! :D just like you guys cant! :D

See ya on the battlefield! ;)

Amen and good riddance to this grammatically challenged 14 year old who quite obviously lives under a bridge.

Eth

PS : All you'll see on the "battlefield" is a bunch of 14 year old snapperheads "pwning" each other on their HUGE "awesome" island. You'll fit right in :D

Edited by BangTail

Thanks for reminding me of one of the reasons why I left England, flarma, youre a fine example of how wrong, arrogant and ignorant the current youth generation is there.

Its rather sad that a bunch of blokes come into a thread that is dedicated to flashpoint fans, and only come in here to troll,

Yes, it is sad that you and several others come to the REAL Flashpoint game forum, where fans of the true OFP series visit, and troll.

Pre release reviews are all bullshit anyway.

You'll only get an objective opinion after it's released.

Read any IGN preview and it's "we're so excited", "looks awesome" etc etc but that can be quickly be replaced by a 2/10 AFTER the game is released.

Eth

Agreed, but since we were on the topic I thought I'd throw something in to the mix that contradicts what was being said before. Just to keep the discussion lively. I don't really trust any game previews, or reviews for that matter, until I try the game. I've only really just pointed out what they have said about it, not if I agree or not. I'll find out when the demo rolls around.

Lol can you say one sentence lol that doesn't include lol in it, by chance lol?

@Flarmapoint2

Thank God you've been born on an Island. Lets hope that stupidity can't swim! :rolleyes:

god would you guys just stop feeding wildlife and discuss the game itself

I'd make a bet, with a vocabulary like that, an obviously limited intelligence, and the inability to back up any claims with any evidence himself.

This is a troll, first and foremost.

You must love my powers of deduction...

ps. He'll be back to reply to something.

Shows you how interesting the game is then?

This.