FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

You can't knock down trees with vehicles.

No idea if you can actually damage them at all.

EDIT:

Some info from a Swiss preview:

• There is a Online Ranking system (highest rang: Brigade general), you dont get new features, you just see, how long did you play and some information about your skill
  • No clan features (like a Squad logo) at release, maybe after relase via DLC
  • Grenade explosion can divulse arms (hm, didn’t see that in my preview code)
  • There is a 3rd view spectator view within the MP mode (switch every 3 seconds from one soldiert to the next)
  • No custom skins or uniforms at release, maybe later after release via DLC
  • After disconnect in MP, the free slot will be filled out by AI. Then you have to wait until the mission end to rejoin
  • SpecOps AI has a better moral, so it’s harder to beat them
  • You have to install some local files to play on PS3

Edited by Deadfast

At least the thought of a helicopter getting downed with an LMG is somewhat plausible if it was flying low enough, but didn't they say that the pilot was killed by a sniper?

I'm sure small arms fire can kill a pilot and crew, but the helo doesn't automatically blow up, rotors stop and crashes and slides down a hill like a soccer ball.

Hey, don't you know, they developed this game with the help of the Marines! It's obviously realistic!

No custom skins or uniforms at release, maybe later after release via DLC

So basically you have to pay for modding tools? That is, of course, if they actually bother to release them.

I'm sure small arms fire can kill a pilot and crew, but the helo doesn't automatically blow up, rotors stop and crashes and slides down a hill like a soccer ball.

so what you are saying is that in DR the chopper would simply automatically blow up, rotors stop and crashes and slides down a hill like a piece of lead?:j:

Damn BI for making a damn buggy game. If they did their stuff right, I'd be playing Arma2 as we speak and not looking for something (CODDR) to help me pass the time until Arma2 is patched up.

No custom skins or uniforms at release, maybe later after release via DLC

I think the custom skins that are being mentioned is the COD kiddies definition where you can have pink camo. and your clan's logo sprayed all over it.

so what you are saying is that in DR the chopper would simply automatically blow up, rotors stop and crashes and slides down a hill like a piece of lead?:j:

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic. Just watch the video that is on their site and watch what happens when the Mi8 is shot down, which is said to have been shot down by a well placed "sniper."

Edited by Hans Ludwig

Damn BI for making a damn buggy game. If they did their stuff right, I'd be playing Arma2 as we speak and not looking for something (CODDR) to help me pass the time until Arma2 is patched up.

I think the custom skins that are being mentioned is the COD kiddies definition where you can have pink camo. and your clan's logo sprayed all over it.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic. Just watch the video that is on their site and watch what happens when the Mi8 is shot down, which is said to have been shot down by a well placed "sniper."

no i just didnt bothered to watch those video and instead judge the game with the demo later

Edited by 4 IN 1

I can't say that the video of the OFP2 helo makes me wince anymore than vehicle behaviour from OFP through ArmA2. It's not like ArmA2 has armour combat appropriate to a modern "mil sim" game (no FCS, stupid hitpoint system). Judging from the attitude of Codemasters, I'd be very surprised if OFP2 does either.

As for the Codemaster's apparent focus on DLC instead of modding support (though I hope I am wrong on this point), this should guarantee that OFP2 will be a flash in the pan.

BI are now trying to add some sort of "basic" basic FCS into ARMA2, as seen in the beta patch

BI are now trying to add some sort of "basic" basic FCS into ARMA2, as seen in the beta patch

FCS in latest patch!?!

I haven't been testing them but I do look at their change logs, haven't seen anything like that though.

FCS in latest patch!?!

It's been there since 1.0.

"Tab locking" a target(tested in M1A2 Tusk) enables ballistics calculations for that particular target. Not exactly a proper FCS, but at least a start.

It's been there since 1.0.

"Tab locking" a target(tested in M1A2 Tusk) enables ballistics calculations for that particular target. Not exactly a proper FCS, but at least a start.

yes but now with the beta patch when you tab lock a target the sight automatically rises to the appropriate height for correct ballistic delivery or close to it. (you have to test with targets further than 1000m to verify)

like you said it is a nice start.

Back on topic.....

with the release date getting close shouldn't we be getting a demo some time soon ?

with the release date getting close shouldn't we be getting a demo some time soon ?

There's speculation that we won't even be getting one, due to Codemasters removing most, if not all statements about a demo for the game.

Where will you direct all your anger at once there is no more "academic speculation"

I'm afraid the next MW or BF will have to bear the brunt full-on of our fiery damnation!! :D

we have successfully spread rumours that BIS employees are being sacrified for the triumph of Arrowhead already!

Umm.. I haven't seen a few of the front-line members lately. Dyslexci, HardRock, SickBoy, Trini Scourge. Did they get them too!?! I knew the invitiations to the preview in England were fishy...

Good post, made my day:)

Very big bummer on the demo info being removed. Hope it's because release is imminent

There's speculation that we won't even be getting one, due to Codemasters removing most, if not all statements about a demo for the game.

Thats fricken strange... I just looked thru the 1st ten pages and absolutely every 'Demo' thread is closed :confused:

There was a mention upon locking to use the one 'Demo' thread that is still open -must be deep!

I wonder what will happen to this thread once the game is released... :D The past 272 pages, really, are the product of sheer speculation.

I'm not anti-OFP:DR but the fact is the entire OFP:DR forums are nothing more than sheer speculation, the product of CodeMasters imparting nothing but sales pitch to anybody about anything.

I think this thread is about reacting to whatever news we get. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

I'm not anti-OFP:DR but the fact is the entire OFP:DR forums are nothing more than sheer speculation, the product of CodeMasters imparting nothing but sales pitch to anybody about anything.

":D" Firstly, your observation is not totally off but certainly not correct either. There is a lot of speculation on the Codemasters forums the main cause of which are threads like "Will ... be in the game?" by newcommers, admitted.

However, that's just one aspect of the whole and again, you, by your comment which just accounts for a specific part of an issue, very much portray the overall unobjective attitude of this thread and its posters.

Codemasters' OFP/DR forums, despite all the speculation which is inevitable on a forum of a not-yet-released game, serve as a place for feedback to the team developing the game, for suggestions and stating wishes, trading information about the game and, of course, small talk. Now, if this was a normal discussion with normally thinking people, I'd stop argueing here, but judging from the past 270+ pages, I reckon I wont be left alone, my post teared to flakes, rather, unless I literally quote some of the threads (mind, all from the first page of the GD section), which are "more than sheer speculation" (in contrary to the greater part of this thread):

Favorite Weapon / OFP-DR weapon

Your Most exciting list and least exciting list bout OPFDR

New Preview from Switzerland – a lot of new info !

HUD - tether indicator symbol/ circle, intrusive ?

what do you wanna drive or pilot most

shooting things out of the sky looks crap

What will you be playing as most..?

I think the difference to the direction this thread has is more than obvious

Second, I havn't visited the ArmA 2 Section - neither up to now, nor before ArmA 2 was released - but you may have. So I'm asking you: What are forums for an unreleased videogame usually like? I'm not much into videogames and online communities, but I've experienced two for the time being, and the Codemasters OFP/DR are, compared to the other, very much productive, active and community-driven.

:bored:

Don't judge the whole forum- many of us have given valid criticism, and also valid praise to the new game whilst discussing it among ourselves.

Codemasters OFP/DR are, compared to the other, very much productive, active and community-driven.
Not my experience at all.

Wow, that looks...

Like the generic FPS website. :butbut:

Pre-renders ftl.

Wow, that looks...

Like the generic FPS website. :butbut:

Pre-renders ftl.

lol You are so right. I was expecting flashpointgame.com to be equal to or greater than Arma2's site in look and in content. =[

After disconnect in MP, the free slot will be filled out by AI. Then you have to wait until the mission end to rejoin

That is really pathetic, I thought BIS netcode was pretty clunky but at least you can drop-in and out replacing AI whenever you feel.

That is majorly taking a step backwards by not allowing jumping right into the game that will majorly hinder multiplayer and matchmaking.

OFPDR is looking to be like HAWX was...all the flight sim community was really exited for what was supposed to be a pretty hi-fidelity sim on the console but kept getting watered down to the point that AceCombat looked like a simulator compared to it.

I was really exited about this game but everyday both here and on the other forum I hear of another limitation and another new "feature" that reduces the quality of what the product was touted to be.

Still going to play the demo but I don't see how it is going to get me to buy it now if the previews are true.

Has anyone every actually put in their real age in an age-gate not just whats quickest to write?

That is really pathetic, I thought BIS netcode was pretty clunky but at least you can drop-in and out replacing AI whenever you feel.

Where have you got this from? To my knowledge this applies to COOP-Mode not to generic MP. Please validate your source.

Where have you got this from? To my knowledge this applies to COOP-Mode not to generic MP. Please validate your source.

Have Codemasters even confirmed MP other than coop? I haven't seen it and/or can't remember it. Though I do remember the MP player limits, another weak area.

Has anyone every actually put in their real age in an age-gate not just whats quickest to write?

Nah, I don't. They're such a pointless requirement.