FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Amusingly, by creating one of the most mud-slingy threads I've seen in a while...

Yes. I was also *lol'ed* yesterday, when i read the news update on DR at Gamestar.de. Petra, my beloved editor over there, stated, that she is bored by the always upcomming flamewars between Arma2 and OFP2 in every news' comments. I mean the whole gamemag industry in Germany was contra Arma and BI, and they let them felt it. In every news about DR they said, that this is better than Arma2 and now, relatively unnoticed, even those bashing editors are rowing back a little about what they said. DR is not OFP2, but, and here Petra is right, Codies could have taken an italian plumber and named him Princess Operation Flashpoint 2. If it's fun okay, but it'll never outweigh Real Virtuality technically-wise. Don't count bugs here, just see what tons of KI and Objects VR3 is able to handle. Number of sales is an other story...

Edit: Ehm it's AI, not KI in English :D

Edited by Hoot

You cant walk in OFP2 Pc version. Only run, sprinting and duck.... incredible (bad) decisions!

Edited by VaiHalen

Complete crap, no walking or leaning, Codemasters seem to be dragging the Flashpoint name into the ground.

You cant walk in OFP2 Pc version. Only run, sprinting and duck.... incredible (bad) decisions!

wow for a while I thought you were just being sarcastic :eek:

No walking on the PC version...

Are you kidding me? Why because the PC just has so few keys compared to the Xbox/PS3

This is just too much. I'm not a CM hater or DR basher, but i am an extremely disappointed Mil-Sim fan that this is what we get after all the intial promises of "unrivaled realism and keeping in faith with the original".

So now what, everyone just pull their knives and guns and charge?

Thank God I didn't preorder...

Does this game have bunny hopping? We all know that's an essential prerequisite for tactical-ness...

matrixjumpiy7.jpg

They said there will be no jumping some time back (only an interaction to get over stuff).

They better stick to it.

Does this game have bunny hopping? We all know that's an essential prerequisite for tactical-ness...

1337 :D:

Can't wait to bonnie-hoppp before a BMP. :D:D

edit; god fucking damn dunque posting first time hetrer! Exposing the true pLiskin to you; no i dono t bunny hopp. :D

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Snake Plissken are you drunk again? (not accepting the metal gear solid nonsense)

Not Acceptable. I really wanted DR to succeed, but the more details make it to public, the more i think it will be a few beers short of a sixpack :confused:

Oh you can walk in the PC version, if you use a gamepad with an analogue stick...

What a f**king joke. I've been following this game with interest but this, along with other recent news and gameplay videos, is starting to look like a joke.

The Rainbow Six Lockdown of OFP :j:

Ok so I wouldn't rate it as bad as Lockdown, but still, this is just like what Ubisoft did to Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six. Take a great name that was well established for one audience and then turn it into something aimed at a completely different audience, basically throwing away a section of their market.

The movement system looks just like Call of Duty, complete with no walking when using the keyboard. Except that Call of Duty allows you to lean in the PC version.

Well I'll still be keeping an eye on it. Maybe the developers will come to their senses with the walking at least. PC gamers aren't too stupid to handle one extra button, Codemasters.

Edit:

On second thought, of course Codemasters isn't aiming it at the original market, because BIS beat them to it.

This game really is turning into something between Battlefield/Call of Duty and OFP. But I think a walk button and netcode that can handle players being more than 250m apart is still important for this market.

Edited by Maddmatt

Iroquois Pliskin

After more than 2 years and 104 posts one could think you know about the rules...

I will still decide if I'll buy DR based on the demo, but this is really bad news. Not being able to walk in PC version without a controller? LOL

Although, I have to admitt I had my doubts as soon as I learned that DR would be released on 3 platforms simultaneously.

Honestly, which game do you know that was good on PC whit that kind of release? I can't think of one at the moment. :(

F***ing console ports...Note that I don't have nothing against console players.

This game is circling the drain for me. Ever faster and in tighter circles.

I will still decide if I'll buy DR based on the demo.

All official anouncement about demo was deleted from their sites, so i dont expect that there will be demo before release, if any

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

And first czech preview, not possible to create addons or your own models

http://www.doupe.cz/Doupecz/Dojmy-Operation-Flashpoint-Dragon-Rising--nelitostny-souboj/Blyska-se-na-lepsi-casy/sc-108-sr-1-a-135333-ch-129182/default.aspx

Too bad for CM... Perhaps they underestimated the time such an engine needs to be coded.

All official anouncement about demo was deleted from their sites, so i dont expect that there will be demo before release, if any

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

http://www.doupe.cz/Doupecz/Dojmy-Operation-Flashpoint-Dragon-Rising--nelitostny-souboj/Blyska-se-na-lepsi-casy/sc-108-sr-1-a-135333-ch-129182/default.aspx

Yeah a demo would make people cancele their orders. They are clearly hiding the crappiness of the game, like talking on top of the video that was supposed to show people how awesome the sounds are in DR.

Lucky for CM the dumb fanboys don't understand this so their sales will be sky high...

Edited by Leopardi

Well, I don't mind if the demo comes out after release, but if there would be none...hm, then I would rather spend my money on Operation Arrowhead, which I will anyway.

Based on this preview, they say that the environement is steril and without life.

They also say, that in some place you can see bad texture transition on the terrain.

Also the CM producer (?) said, that you can not make your unit and addons, but you can buy DLC.

Hmmm, I was never optimistic about OFP:DR but now I dont know whast think about CM marketing strategy...

Who knows how CM and DR devs really think of pc gaming? Or they think pc gaming is a sinking ship and console games are flying (cash) cows?

Maybe the generation of "hardcore" pc & sim players are gettin old/fewer and next generations dont want to learn that much - simply enjoy an easy and entertaining mainstream game? Must be a reason why shooter(series) and similar games get more customers and sales...

Maybe the generation of "hardcore" pc & sim players are gettin old/fewer and next generations dont want to learn that much - simply enjoy an easy and entertaining mainstream game? Must be a reason why shooter(series) and similar games get more customers and sales...

I think this is a sad true, we are old boys at market (13 years for me)

Also the CM producer (?) said, that you can not make your unit and addons, but you can buy DLC.

Yea, who's going to buy a few guns and a tank for $20 when people make them for free. Kill the competition so people have no choice :rolleyes:

Well that's disappointing. Up until recently I thought I would buy the game. But now that seems unlikely.

Still can't believe they wont add a walk button...