FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

The lighting doesnt look very natural but atleast the transitions look good.

I wish Arma II had improved in this aspect.. since it looks perfect in some conditions but not in most (sunsets, sunrise, fog, night..).

Some discussion about OFP2 AI. I hope it grows into a more rounded and detailed topic.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366762

LMAO -"Un-named game..."

Gee, wonder what they're talking about. If my psychic abilties serve me correct, they are referring to ARMA2, whose AI also seems to possess these abilities somewhat as well. Still we'll see what DR has to offer in the testy waters of Open World Milsim AI soon enough.

There is many things in there I would like to see in Arma2, but DR's vegetation is the worst I've ever seen ..

Arma2 : 1 2

Come on, you are funny my friend. You know, thats not a playable resolution/quality setting ;)

I mean, thats doenst looks worst ever seen.

Funny ? to start please stop take every criticism about DR so personally ..

Actually I was talking about the color pallet not only of what it may look like on my eventual future computer.

But that's how most nextgen console games look like, unfortunately.

Illuminator while you're here could you enlight me please I couldn't find any answer, do Codemasters plan to release modding tools with Dragon Rising ?

Edited by dunedain

Illuminator while you're here could you enlight me please I couldn't find any answer, do Codemasters plan to release modding tools with Dragon Rising ?
Still no official statement, but i'm quite sure, they will... *g

Also Viiiper was probably taking about ArmA1, as it has the Littlebird.

Still the same with the new trailer, good efects but no more than 12-15 units ingame, still waiting for a trailer where we can see a good battle.

Still the same with the new trailer, good efects but no more than 12-15 units ingame, still waiting for a trailer where we can see a good battle.

They need to emply me :P

"Operation Flashpoint 2: Huge Battle 1000 AI!"

Nah i'm joking, i would never leave BI and join the dark side...

and that is ingame or render ? :)

Looks ingame to me, as so far for around 4 months now, all screens they have released have been the real thing, it looks better than BIS's attempt at at *cough* But I Keeping an open mind with it still

it looks better than BIS's attempt at...

I still find their graphics to overall have a very BF2 feel too it. The way its rendered, the way the shadows are cast, the model details all feel very BF2 to me...

Take their latest video (posted a page or so ago) it just looks like BF2 with a longer view distance to me...

Looks ingame to me, as so far for around 4 months now, all screens they have released have been the real thing, it looks better than BIS's attempt at at *cough* But I Keeping an open mind with it still

Can't really agree with you there. At least there's no grain in ArmA2.

But a lot of bugs and errors and not working scripts and and and...we'll see what's the better sim and the better game in a few months.

Well, i wouldn't count much no the "sim" part of your post.

Still no official statement, but i'm quite sure, they will... *g

Wishfull thinking ?

At least there's no grain in ArmA2.

You haven't play the campaign, right? :)

Can't really agree with you there. At least there's no grain in ArmA2.

Fair enough, but then again, *shrugs* im kind of a fan of the grainy effect.

Either way, Grain is one of this unnecessary bells and whistles like the motion blur that has made its way into mainstream FPS's, Its nice, but I would be all right without it.

lol this is like a rap battle between bis and cd fans duking it out :D

Its still missing words like pop caps and schizzle and fool :D

lol this is like a rap battle between bis and cd fans duking it out :D

Its still missing words like pop caps and schizzle and fool :D

I wish it would rhyme.

Yippe! Another game where the gun is magically stuckied to your chest, always pointing fowards unless you sprint. I have watched alot of videos of real combat, and the ONLY time i ever see a soldier point his rifle fowards is when he is engaging targets, or when he is performing a very slow scan, IE: Checking a building or in CQB.

As far as sounds go, seems to use a very similar voice comms system as arma 2,

"Enemy, at, 100, metres"

Except in dragon rising it doesn't sound like total crud...Hint hint BI, improve your sound department!

Dragon rising looks fun, but arma 2 is where realism is at.

(Even if the A-10 does sound like a vacum cleaner, and its bad ass Gau-8 sounds like a potato gun. Thank god for sound mods)

DR wont be close to the original Operation Flashpoint game. CM said somewhere that their customers possibly dont know what Operation Flashpoint is and who really developed the original.

Maybe CM found the right mix of BF2, CoD4 and JOTR - mainly to attract casual and console players? Its their project and they can do what they want - even another mainstream shooter/clone. Very often publishers and developers releasing their games without proper testing by internal/external teams. "Time is money" but sometimes this turns into "haste makes waste". I hope the best for this little simgame niche.

Hey fellas,

Will you be buying Dragon Rising?

Basically, choose an option from above, and then leave a post on what option you chose and why.

I definitely will be, because all though i know it will never achieve the realism of arma 2, i think it might be fun when i want that little cross between call of duty and a simulation.

Regards,

Rich.

Edited by Guest

No need for a new thread simply to add a poll.