FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Gameplay is true and tactical; you can go prone, kneel, or stand up. You can walk or run and be affected by what you do. You can reload on the move and jump behind cover; you can’t peek left or right, though. You have iron sights, red dots, and many other types of weapon sight systems. This is truly a tactical game no matter the platform.

By this conclusion, BF and COD series are sim/tactical games.

If you take a direct shot in the head or in the chest, you die.

...but it's nothing serious, you just bleed badly.

...but it's nothing serious, you just bleed badly.

LOL :soldier:

And I guess thats the one huge :p difference that makes it NOT quite like BF and COD series !

This guy on the video is slightly walking on my nerves when asserting :"it's a true simulation like OFP BUT it's more friendly for console gamers".

How dares he say such bullshit...who does he think we are ? Brainless ?:fighting:

And they call themselves SimHQ?

I was expecting a site with that name to cut down Dragon Rising in an agressive manner, even hoping so, but no... What a letdown.

Honestly, if you've played sims, so far there has been nothing shown of DR that even touches light simulation aspects.

It's shallow, console action.

Usually their reviews are very good. They cut down some vietnam helicopter game like it was tall grass. I think they are more critical about bugs, though. The sim genre is so sparse that maybe they're willing to accept DR as a 'tactical game' (in the quote at least he didn't say sim) regardless of its shortfalls in terms of human kinetics.

Well if SimHQ Have given it a good review, maybe there is alot that the E3 Demo did not show.. Afterall the people who recorded the E3 Demo were not running through a features List Ticking Boxes as they went, they were playing it and giving it their opinion.

Truthfully, you CAN'T dare to show such a video and then claim the thingie being as realistic/authentic... or whatever else in these regards.

BIS seems to be once again, the only people onboard and I'm not complaining about, heh.

In other words, there is No competition to fear.

Regards,

TB

I can almost hear the ching'* of champaign glasses over at the BIS office :D

Truthfully, you CAN'T dare to show such a video and then claim the thingie being as realistic/authentic... or whatever else in these regards.

BIS seems to be once again, the only people onboard and I'm not complaining about, heh.

In other words, there is No competition to fear.

Regards,

TB

Yes, but they are claiming the game to be the most extreme hyperrealistic war simulator, so all the masses believe it and buy it instead of ARMA 2.

"As you can see, i've taken a hit to the head. It's nothing serious but I am bleeding badly."

"Thankfully, the bit of my brain the bullet removed has only to do with high level functions, like making a decent tactical simulator. I am still free to run, jump and hold my gun out in front of me all the time like a goose."

Yes, but they are claiming the game to be the most extreme hyperrealistic war simulator, so all the masses believe it and buy it instead of ARMA 2.

Yup. But I wonder how many time(s) they will get away with propaganda selling shortfall products? Meh. Sucker born every minute. They just have to wait for the next unknowing generation to move up.

Yup. But I wonder how many time(s) they will get away with propaganda selling shortfall products? Meh. Sucker born every minute. They just have to wait for the next unknowing generation to move up.

It'll get the same destiny as the 50 cent game. First one sold like hell but second one next to nothing because the first one was sold with name and hype.

It'll get the same destiny as the 50 cent game. First one sold like hell but second one next to nothing because the first one was sold with name and hype.

For that reason and the fact the protagonist in both games can take like 9 gunshots to the face and still bang out a solid hip hop career.

Edited by Max Power

hot off the press......

Confirmed OFP-Dr will not support Track-IR and does not have a 'lean' function for looking round corners.

hot off the press......

Confirmed OFP-Dr will not support Track-IR and does not have a 'lean' function for looking round corners.

lol

how dare CM call it a simulator?

It gets worse and worse.. BAH!

hot off the press......

Captain Console!

The trackir thing i couldn't care less, but the lack of leaning is a bizarre design choice, as even arcade games that do not hide they are not realistic like Return to Castle Wolfenstein even had leaning implemented.

I can't see any valid reason in a game that is basically all about combat, even if the simulation is not as realistic as it could be, to not have leaning.

They would have said

we have not implemented head scratching because you could infect your head wounds with microbs and so getting your status from "nothing serious" to needing medical support

That would be understandable, but saying that in a combat sim focusing on infantry that there will be no leaning at all ?

The trackir thing i couldn't care less, but the lack of leaning is a bizarre design choice, as even arcade games that do not hide they are not realistic like Return to Castle Wolfenstein even had leaning implemented.

I can't see any valid reason in a game that is basically all about combat, even if the simulation is not as realistic as it could be, to not have leaning.

They would have said

That would be understandable, but saying that in a combat sim focusing on infantry that there will be no leaning at all ?

agreed, orthrough i own an TIR4 and it did add a lots to arma i dont think it is a "must have", however lacking of leaning is just no go for me

...does not have a 'lean' function for looking round corners.

Battlefield 2: Dragon Rising