Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Hated the grain in BFBC myself.

There is some grain in ArmA2 also but I think it looks really good.

i really wish people would stop making such a fuss over the grainy effect. Personally i like it, it gives the game a more cinematic effect, that can enhance tension, look at Left 4 dead its great on that.

Yes i know Left4dead isnt a simulation, but it just gives the game a unique twinge. Same goes for OFP2, i think its a nice little feature.

but there's way too much in OFP2. Minor grain wouldn't be bad at all.

OFP2 needs a grain amount slider just like in the game Mass Effect by EA.

:eek:

It's by Bioware (developer) not EA (Publisher) ;)

Not really a good promo video. Granted it was poorly recorded but it just seemed so...ordinary. And where the hell was the godawful Jackson 5 music coming from!?! Must have been a BI fanny nearby to disrupt things.

Very interesting to hear the voice system. Overall they clearly seem to have picked up a lot from Battlefield 2.

Edited by sparks50

Video quality is very bad, but this game doesn't look very nice, no immersion at all...i don't see any point that could beat ArmA2 so far.

One good thing though : jackson five music :pet12:

Urgh.. :i:

And this is suppose to be a "Operation Flashpoint" game? At best it's 'Call of Duty' on a large map.

I was thinking of trying it out, but this.. No, I rather play CoD.

Is it only me that thinks even ARMA2 with bugs is do better then this?

:icon_ohmygod:

Wow, that artillery really came quite quickly...

Man, CM is hoping this is what OFP fans want? Jesus. It looks like Battlefield 2 crossed with COD4. The interface is either identical or a rip-off. What I found really quite strange is why was the character speaking with an accent? I'm guessing he's not American then.

All in all - sounds suck, radio sounds more like mashed together sound files than OFP, ArmA and ArmA II sound like, a shitty look and unrealistic aspects everywhere. Definitely a no buy for me. Shall wait for reviews instead.

Zipper: that was my thought too. The main character sounds like he immigrated to America from India five years ago, very interesting choice of dialect for a shooter game.

New video, thanks to Shaz on CM forums:

Its Petra! :D Includes Arma 2 comparison for you fanboys out there :p

Can someone give a quick translation?

aOgwTHk5Cs8

Edited by sparks50

@sparks50 videos

Well the top video doesn't look that bad. Arma2 that is! Just kidding, they're definitely going for that 'cinematic blue' feel but that still looked far better than that E3 mashup. I wonder what the pacing is like ingame as far as downtime, and scene/events that help flesh out the storyline.

Edit- I see you took down the sucky video below so I was referring to the the video in sk3pt's link. :0

Edited by froggyluv

At best it's 'Call of Duty' on a large map.

They said their focus is large scale, open terrain FPS... they are not after simulation or realism in that matter.

so nothing new...open terrain FPS with nice controls.

I think theres a potential for good mods to come for this thing, provided its somehow open.

Edited by sparks50

CM said DR's supposed to look 'gritty'? Side by side with Arma II, it looks like a class 1 cleanroom. I was fighting the urge to spit the dirt out of my mouth and take a shower looking at the Arma II.. Man it's not even close. We'll see in the final release, but it'll have to change a great deal. And it may.

Thanks for posting the e3 videos.

Some things I don't think I like:

-Most characters move while crouched most of the time (this seems unnatural, it's very tiring to do with all that gear on!)

-While moving with ironsights, your view/aim is almost completely stable. I've been spoiled by arma 1.05+'s stable camera/moving weapon while looking down the sights.

-There's some sort of a battlefield style "you hit an enemy!" indicator on your crosshair/sights. (This could probably be turned off in difficulty options, but I'm not really a fan of the feature in any context).

It's not looking like a game that I'll purchase.

FP:DRs sounds are way out. I mean, OFP and ArmA never really got it right, but they weren't that far wrong either. DR sounds like the guy in the E3 video is carrying a 50 cal assault rifle!

I must be the only one to like what i see; even if the vid has a poor quality. It's impossible to judge with a vid like this.

but i like the reload animation for the grenade launcher, and also the command system + the animation used to activate the bomb.

personally; I do not care, if some stuff are from COD4 or BF2; if at the final the result is good. I'm not an extremist.

Edited by Sennacherib

That is just horrible!

I mean ArmA's the radio commands now sound like a treat compared to what DR has :D

hmm, im not liking those walk animations, the gun is constantly rested in the shoulder, has anyone ever tried doing that in real life??

I dont particularly like the reload animation either, its too heroic for when you reaload IRL, you are careful and take your time (if you are in cover) where he reloaded as if he has a thousand medals dangling around his neck.

The sound of the rifle, i thought he was playing killzone or some other fictional FPS.

And finally everything happened like clockwork, a little too fast paced for my liking.

I'm not saying that its going to be a bad game, but my heart has sunk a little after noticing the very arcade style elements all of a sudden.

Edited by Sugz