Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

In the socratic/philosophical way... A critical discussion :p

go to google and google image, type in OFP... the results are pretty straight forward as you will find all the major OFP websites

now do the same with OPF...

(first result is Overseas Pakistanis Foundation, lmao :p)

That's exactly how I first heard about Operation Flashpoint.

Whilst searching for the Overseas Pakistanis Foundation, I stumbled across some links which led me straight here. As a result, I am very grateful to the Foundation and everything they stand for.

I don't know I seem em as like Theater or Theatre same thing really

Let's look at global statistics:

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=OFP&word2=OPF

But it's lack of context

Rather this http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=OFP+flashpoint&word2=OPF+flashpoint

Trends will answer:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ofp%2C+opf

notice, that lack of similarity pf nearly constant OPF. Totally unrelated.

Still, I have no idea why to discuss this?

PS. http://www.google.com/trends?q=flashpoint%2C+operation+flashpoint%2C+arma%2C+armed+assault%2C+dragon+rising&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

Yay for BI!

Edited by sidhellfire

Senseless spamming 3 pages now.This thread is for news not for grammar.Is there a moderator here or all these spammers are our friends so we dont touch them?

FFS people can we PLEASE end this lame debate! Jesus!

As a finnish/swede Ofp feels more natural than opf :)

Here, OFp or OpF are correct abbreviations.

A capital letter denotes the first letter of a word.

Both Ofp and opf are incorrect.

The actual term flash point is two words, rather than one. Just throwing that in there.

Here, OFp or OpF are correct abbreviations.

A capital letter denotes the first letter of a word.

Both Ofp and opf are incorrect.

None of it is correct or incorrect. OFP is a community standard and it simply will not change, there is nothing wrong with it. Me thinks you are intentionally trolling as abbreviating it 'correctly' never seemed to be a matter of 'professional pride' until now.

OFP did better in Europe because Codemasters had abysmal U.S. distribution...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1216684#post1216684

So lets just leave it at that and get on with what the thread is supposed to be about.

Edited by -snafu-

I am not a native speaker, so correct me if I'm wrong but I understand that flash point (two words) is a technical term which describes the temperature at which a substance catches fire whereas flashpoint (one word) is an area of tension. Thus the full title of the game Operation Flashpoint (two words, not three).

I do like English grammar and the last few pages have been very entertaining but I agree that this subject should be moved to off-topic so that this thread may return to the discussion of "the other game".

Considering the seriousness of this debate I am beginning to think it is perhaps not a bad thing, that BIS is not using the title Operation Flashpoint anymore. But then again, there has been a discussion going on about the correct spelling of the successor to Armed Assault.

And if this discussion should ever become old, I have an idea for a fresh one: Should the developer of our favourite game(s) be abbreviated BI or BIS? ;)

umm when is placebo coming back again?

seriously people we need news about ofp 2 video, demo, discussions come on.....

I've got a solution to all of this OFP, OPF, FP, OP, FlashPOINT, Operation Crazypeople, nonsence.

We rename it BF: DR. Describes the game better too.

An then original Operation Flashpoint 1 becomes ARMA -1.

None of it is correct or incorrect. OFP is a community standard and it simply will not change, there is nothing wrong with it. Me thinks you are intentionally trolling as abbreviating it 'correctly' never seemed to be a matter of 'professional pride' until now.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1216684#post1216684

So lets just leave it at that and get on with what the thread is supposed to be about.

I'm not trolling you matey, I have already stated that I don't care what you or anyone else calls it. You will not find posts of mine harassing people who don't get it right.

You took me up on it, and asked me why I didn't use the same incorrect abbreviation that you do.

Now you know.

It has always been a matter of professional pride for me, and I think if you go back through my posts over the years you will find that I have consistently used a correct abbreviation rather than only in this thread and just to annoy you, or whatever you are suggesting.

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=36404

There is such a thing as correct and incorrect English.

It is not my mission in life to get you to use it, it does however still exist and I personally endeavour to use it myself.

There are also non native speakers on this forum who study English and may appreciate the correction even if you yourself do not.

@MaxPower. Flashpoint is one word. Flash and point are two.

umm when is placebo coming back again?

seriously people we need news about ofp 2 video, demo, discussions come on.....

Sorry boss there is none.

The community representative is on holiday and no new media is very forthcoming currently. Which is why this topic is so stagnant.

Here's some new scans from Playstation magasine that show nothing new!

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/1953/page1q.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7189/page2q.jpg

Edited by Baff1

I'm not trolling you matey, I have already stated that I don't care what you or anyone else calls it. You will not find posts of mine harassing people who don't get it right.

You took me up on it, and asked me why I didn't use the same incorrect abbreviation that you do.

If you don't care why make such an issue with the holier than thou attitude? Honestly, I couldn't think of anything more pedantic. Complete non-issue. Yet, you go on about how you are doing it the correct way when none of it actually matters, as OFP has been used by the community for years. You are neither right or wrong. People who use OFP are neither right or wrong. Nothing else to discuss.

I didn't. I said to stop being so picky since OFP has been in use for years. It doesn't matter.

Now you know.

I think if you go back through my posts over the years you will find that I have consistently used a correct abbreviation rather than only in this thread and just to annoy you, or whatever you are suggesting.

You haven't, which is clearly shown if you checked the link in my last post (I also quoted the part).

There is such a thing as correct and incorrect English.

Which doesn't matter in this case, for reasons mentioned earlier.

There are also non native speakers on this forum who study English and may appreciate the correction even if you yourself do not.

If they are studying English I am sure they will survive. I am sure they will get past the obstacle of the community standard abbreviation.

It has always been a matter of professional pride for me

Doesn't seem so.

new scans from Playstation magasine

Which leads me to believe you are just being pedantic for the sake of it. Hey, it's been a slow few days for me too.

Edited by -snafu-

this sums up last couple of pages

ofpvsopf.jpg

There is such an inconsistency in those pictures, only the three 1st person ones looks ingame. However it can also be whatever.

Lets move off the OFP vs OPF debate and back on topic please. If you want to continue to discuss it take it to PM. Oyman there's no need to spam and add fuel to the fire.

The new pics look fantastic.

ofp2_dragonrising_ensikosketus_2_1.jpg

ofp2_dragonrising_ensikosketus_2_6.jpg

ofp2_dragonrising_ensikosketus_2_8.jpg

Games gona have hawt graphics fo sure.

The new pics look fantastic.

First pic is a CGI render released ages ago. Last one is probably a render too.

Middle one is in-game though. But not new.

First pic is a CGI render released ages ago. Last one is probably a render too.

Middle one is in-game though. But not new.

Yup,

First and last are renders, middle one may be in game - not too sure,.