318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

4 player system link coop.

32 player cap on PCs.

I think one kinda cancels out the other, wouldn't you agree? ;)

...and you don't have to pay for MP fun on PCs. I'd pay monthly fees for an ArmA MMORPG though.

M$ really gets away with everything.

I'm not too fussed when it comes to online multiplayer.

I mostly play CO-OP system link games and although I pay £40 p/yr for Xbox live, I rarely use it for online gaming. Useful for demos/videos, DLC and occasional lag-free online multiplayer gaming.

I just hope that OFP: DR are able to include a mission editor either on release (unlikely) or via DLC at a later date.

What does that heroes thing stand for? Is that the official banner of the pretend moderators? Because you're doing a smashing job. Or is it a clan of genetically enhanced super-soldie...super-dragons?

The Heroes thing started as a small group of people in IRC and community members who would help out with finding media etc. Now its a big group with loads of people, most of them i dont know. But no its not the pretend moderators, but non kiddies who don’t spam the same topic over and over again or demand things from CM with “we want the gameplay videos NOW!1!1!†topics.

It generally tries to encourage decent forum behavior and decent community but some members can be over zealous.

There was a lot of "I am in teh army so you are a whiney little bitch" types for the longest time but they seem to have been effectively culled.

I got so fed up with the worst offender LCPL Hoot I decided to check him out on google, the guy isn’t even a Marine but a kid who was claiming to be leaving school in 2006 and joining he Marines, then posting at CodeMasters in 2008 as a veteran with 4 years of experience and 2 tours of Iraq, or was it 8 years in some posts.

But about that richardandrews talk, its not the first time I have heard it, in fact I received a tone of dirt about CodeMasters from someone claiming to be a former dev, the guy even named names thay i had a look at, all real former staff. I got in contact with the community manager about it and was “reassured†everything was fine but theres certainly something going on. Either theres a group of former staff really out to get CodeMasters or there’s some truth in what is being said, that or a very determined individual or group looking to spread lies.

Of course i wouldn’t post it, there would be carnage with some members and i want CM to have a good go at OFP DR, plus like i said it could be nothing more than lies.

Edited by ricbar89

If this is a disgruntled ex employee saying this stuff, he should be careful. True or not, once your name is mud in the industry, it's mud. Shitting all over your NDA's is a good way to put yourself in a position to properly motivate you to find a new career.

Shitting all over your NDA's is a good way to put yourself in a position to properly motivate you to find a new career.

In addition to that, there is the legal side. Violating a contract can land a person in shit.

I don't think the words of a disgruntled ex employee (or just some random idiot?) can be taken seriously. Codemasters plans a demo, so people will be able to judge the game a bit with that.

The bits about the game crashing, well it's an unfinished game and the programmers would be changing code everyday. Of course it's gonna have crashing problems. What matters is that they focus on fixing the crashes and getting it stable and optimised as the release approaches (once the game hits beta stage is a good start).

Optimisation isn't usually a priority until games hit beta as far as I know.

If this is a disgruntled ex employee saying this stuff, he should be careful. True or not, once your name is mud in the industry, it's mud. Shitting all over your NDA's is a good way to put yourself in a position to properly motivate you to find a new career.

Maybe such was his intent.

Hopefully its just rumor mongering, I wouldn't like to see the day where people associate DR with the classic OFP as a flop just because CM cannot undertake such a task.

I would however like to see the day where we get some decent footage of what the game will be like. Not chopped up recycled bits of gameplay that last no longer than forty five seconds.

Mneh, it's the internets, do you believe that rant? If so, jenkem is true.

The Internet: 100% Truth found in 3,846 submissions .... the rest is Lies and Make-believe. Have you found any one of the 3,846 bits yet ?

(lol ... and no, the above doesn't count as 1 either)

Shyt, they better release something reasonable ..... and by June ! Otherwise us ArmA2 online gamers might be left with a huge bunch of ex-BF2 kiddies bored and looking to reak havoc ! ;)

I better start practicing; #Kick xxxxx #Kick xxxxx #kick xxxxx #kick xxxxx

Hey, don't get me wrong, if DR does turn out good, I don't see it as a bad thing, it'll just mean the bar will be raised and ArmA 3 will be KICK-ARSE !! :D

Gnat;1279003']I better start practicing; #Kick xxxxx #Kick xxxxx #kick xxxxx #kick xxxxx

Much like when ArmA was first released...

I do believe that what he's posted is probably either 1) made up or 2) exaggerated. It is the internet after all. However, it does make me wonder if CM are actually going to produce something of worth with the OFP brand name...

It's not one I plan on pre-ordering.

Its true about the internet being full of rubbish and i didnt believe it myself, and i told the guy so he named names and talked about things only a former staff member could. I mean from where they work to what cars the staff drives to what the staff did before joining CM to the staff that were fired, and what I could check out was all true.

Most worryingly is the fact i decided to get in contact with one of the named people, and they confirmed everything said was true.

"Personally I'd only take issue with about three sentences in all of that. The bits that probably sound most unbeleibeable to you are some of the most true."

(sent on a iPhone before someone points out the spelling)

And i checked them out on Linkedin, and got in contact by googling their name so this person is very real.

The original guy could have named himself, knowing I would contact him, but he’s got so much to loose so I cant see it, so I would say there is staff/former staff out there happy to talk about CM and OFP: DR. What that means im not really sure, it could be lies but the lengths they're going to seem a little extreme, and of course the fact that theres so much of this talk about from different sources. I just hope its nothing, or if there were problems they’re sorted.

Please don't bring discussions from other forums into this forum, it only leads to sniping and jealousy from those on the outside ;)

Viiiper: In my opinion the players that play ARMA are of a different breed and are after a different experience.

Amen!

So let's hope that the "easy gaming nerds" stay where they are and stop flooding the ArmA gaming servers ruining every session.

They should come over in small, digestable portions so that we are able to teach them real combat behaviour (whatever this means in a simulated environment :D )

Somehow I am sure that the CFO of BIS is not sharing my hopes. :)

After release of both OFP 2 and ArmA 2 we have a nice situation: we can show the good things in one game to the devs of the other game as an example. It could be a driver to listen more to the community (not majority of actual and possible customers), but it could go wrong (for the MilSim freaks) if CM succeeding in the mass market with just another shooter and BIS decides to earn money the same way.

horrible , if the rumour would be true, harsh times now during the financial crisis and all, I wouldn't put my money on Ofp DR but I feel sad if they would have to cut down to much or get out a premature release that could piss off people.

The thing with console gamers are that they expect a higher level of polish and less bugs.

As a Pc gamer you can accept some slack and know that usually things work out in the long run.

This PC gamer doesn't accept any "slack".

Games that are buggy on release never get fixed.

They get bad reviews and the company goes bust most times.

If it is going to be made good in the long run, then in the short run, I won't buy it.

I'll pick it up cheap in a year or two, perhaps, or more likely forget about it and and look for another title.

Sacred 2 and Empire Total War are two examples of titles from franchises and companies I am brand loyal to that I don't expect to buy this year because they have buggy reviews and too many patches.

I'll probably pick them up out of the budget bin next year instead.

Edited by Baff1

I'll pick it up cheap in a year or two, perhaps, or more likely forget about it and and look for another title.

I'll give you one: ArmA2.

Honestly, I was at first excited for OFP2, but then... I heard of Arma 2, started researching, kept changing my mind back and forth... after finding out that you cant fly jets in OFP2 I was very disappointed and moved onto Arma2 totally. I dont know how it is for some of you, but I dream of a game other than BF2 where you can do everything warfare wise, and realistically. I am hoping for full cockpit controls in jets and helis, I dont know if Arma1 had that and if Arma2 will, if someone can clear that up that would be nice.

Overall, I think Code masters are idiots. I mean I'm sorry, but why are they so quiet anyway? Look at Arma. They're just about as much time from release, but look at how much videos and screenshots and information BIS have released. Compare the Arma2 website to the OFP2 website. The arma site is like a fansite, full of info. The OFP2 website has nothing on it... Not even any updated screens that are already released.

And after hearing this whole rumor with the developers, I'm even more pissed. Whether it's true or not there are high chances of this being a possibility. This is why low budget companies are always the best, and at this point, I iroinically find myself supporting 2 completely different games from 2 completely different low budget companies yet making such amazing games. Although BIS has quite a history, the other one has absolutely none, but the way they communicate with the members and how they showcase their game is more than promising. I don't respect high budget companies because they always hide things from us, then reveal them, promise so much, and then fail. Worst of all, they're scared of trying new ideas, and always try to release stupid sequels, ruining a whole series. Older games have been succeeding fine, but now... Low budget companies are all our hope.

Seriously, I don't see what's the point of even waiting for OFP2. Arma guys should stick to arma, while OFP2 guys should stick to OFP2. That's what I'll do.

Sorry for the long post, just my 2 cents.

Please don't bring discussions from other forums into this forum, it only leads to sniping and jealousy from those on the outside ;)

Oh, ok sorry. You got to admit though, that was pretty funny huh? Did you have a look at it? :p

There is nothing even close to any kind of cockpit controls in ArmA. High fidelity vehicle simulation is not the game's focus.

Yes and no, MFD's tell direction and give map location that can also be switched. Also these functions can be explored in further depth by the community, it's been done.

By default there will be alittle but not likely alot, since Arma's not about aircraft simulation but 'overall' simulation. If you want interactive aircraft controls I'd suggest DCS:Black Shark.

I did, but when I read something like that I imagine having to deal with the opposite, someone coming here saying "ArmA2 sucks I'm buying Dragons", which is less funny due to causing me to have to do work (ie closing the thread and infracting the person).

If you want interactive aircraft controls I'd suggest DCS:Black Shark.

LOL Yeh, thats definitely at the other end of the scale ..... 5 minutes and 50 switches later you can have and engine running, another 10 to take off.

Not that thats a bad thing, its just "one way".

I like the Flight Simulator series, but such complexity has no place in an "everything" simulator like OFP-ArmA1-ArmA2 (or OFP2).

I think the instruments etc and flight model in ArmA are quite good, for this type of gaming. Thankfully it isn't full on arcade'ish.

Proper analog Joystick controls would help a lot but.

Well, theres always the easy setting, in DCS too. I think complexity of some the vehicles and weapons in Armed Assault could easily be done in a more real way, without scaring the arcade crowd away at all.

Edited by sparks50