FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

(All info can be found @CM open forums, in videos and in press releases) none of this is top secret.

Dam, that's the first word that comes to mind reading this thread end to end (30+ pages).

What to say first?

How about the truth, I love ARMA1, I like what B.I.S. has done for the genre and without them we'd all probably be playing OGR, Graw, Rainbow or some equivalent (dare I say it Co..o..D.). I stand for one thing, the more successful titles in the genre the better for us all, I truly hope we get 2 winners both Arma2 & OFP-DR (formally known as OFP(2)) without them we would be screwed (as into wood).

Let me get this out of the way before someone pulls me on it, I Moderate @ CM so no secret.

I'm disappointed on how so many have so much negative none constructive critique about 2 titles (inc. Arma2) that have not even been released as a demo, that's my opinion and I thought I'd state it, there needs to be some tidying up of threads (as in loose ends in this thread).

OFP-DR has no playable Jets, it has been confirmed 100%, it does have jets but they are called in for air support by you (it's not the end of the world), you can still fly them in Arma2.

I will assume you know I'm talking about OFP-DR so I will not refer to it again, it has a confirmed landmass of approx 220Km sq (similar to Arma2), it is based on an island(s) which is approx 27x9Km sq.

It uses the Ego Technology Engine which was a development on from the Neon engine (the engine is modular and it's adapted from the version used in RD Grid). The draw distance is not 35Km as some speculated (think about it, island is 27Km + water) I'm not going to speculate on draw but it does the job otherwise it would not be used (makes sense). The Armor count is less than Arma2 but it does sport a substantial amount for a title. As with Arma2 it sports Wheeled, tracked & logistical assets (boats), minor vehicles damage can be repaired in the field (punchers etc). There will be a medic system & self medic, limb loss and the usual bleed outs. There is no unlocks like COD ref. earlier, there will be a demo and it will be on console too (similar to Arma2).

I didn't post to troll, I posted to help some members that seemed confused on what was actually in game (fact) or speculation. It is a matter of preference if your focus in a battlefield game is air support, you might be better suited with Arma2, OFP-DR will only have helicopters for players to fly. If your looking for two titles to follow, they both seem to offer a different flavor of an old favorite (Roast beef with loads of gravy, sorry vegetarians).

I'm a member at both forums and I track them both, I only play Arma1 these days as it is the top of the genre pile and if Arma2 follows I'll be there too, warts and all, same applys to OFP-DR warts and all. I love modding, mission making & mapping I already know that both come with editors.

Best regards

viii

p.s. I have to say, I loved the recent Arma2 news reel styled videos 100% sex on legs....  inlove.gif

all info I've posted I believe to be true at the time of posting, you want more, look for it yourselves  tounge2.gif

I guess they try to take away the attention from the potential ArmA 2 release.

Or... they just release a demo... whistle.gif

Good to know that they will have a demo before release.

Something that was missing with Arma 1.

Looks like they have a nice list of features in the game, we´ll see how it will work in action. I´m open minded towards OFP DR, if it´s good I will get it. No need for projected rivalery from my side.

It´s stupid anyway. If the game is a failure from my personal perspective, it´s one more on the list that didn´t fulfill the expectations.

Still, we as users can only benefit.

OMG, they have announced a playable DEMO for the very next time.

Also they will release it already in May 2009.

http://www.gameradio.de/news....tels_an

I liked the following comment from here (#6)

Quote[/b] ]Yay, Codemasters announcing they plan to fart before they take a shit. ~Sty

In reality, I agree with what Viiiper says, to some extent.

Hehe yeahh, so BIS should wait until the OFP DR Demo is out and until we gave our comments about what we want to have from it for Arma2 tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gifyay.gificon_rolleyes.gif

especially you, mr.gc? icon_rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to the Demo to see if I will buy it for the xbox.

Quote[/b] ]Hehe yeahh, so BIS should wait until the OFP DR Demo is out and until we gave our comments about what we want to have from it for Arma2

Sure.

And we will get Arma 2 in 2010 or so then. Especially smart idea.

Quote[/b] ]Hehe yeahh, so BIS should wait until the OFP DR Demo is out and until we gave our comments about what we want to have from it for Arma2

Sure.

And we will get Arma 2 in 2010 or so then. Especially smart idea.

so what? you cant affort to wait 1 more year? after all those years? tounge2.gif

if Arma2 gets 1 year of devellopment, i'm agree to wait 1 more year tounge2.gif

I would have more time to change my pc tounge2.gif

Lol this was meant as joke, like you can see at the smilies icon_rolleyes.gif

The sheer amount of smileys accompaniing the post makes it hard to decide or judge what you try to express.

I guess it´s: "Hehe yeahh, so BIS should wait until the OFP DR Demo is out and until we gave our comments about what we want to have from it for Arma2"

wink_o.gif <- mystical smiley only to be interpreted by native Atlantis-citizens.

Tbh I like the Codie approach. They come up with solid info now. Their community manager(s) keep posting solid facts about the game´s features even if that means limiting expectations.

Way to go.

Rgr Balschoiw tounge2.gif

German Game Magazine PC-Action brings high praising Article about OFP DR (their Most Wanted Series), but takes for that Arma2 Screenshots!  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

http://www.operationflashpoint2.info/news.php?readmore=161

Look at the second screen!

lol that is funny not the first time either.

Someone posted a very high detail screen shot of Arma on the CM forums and a Mod said it was OFP-DR  smile_o.gif

was quite funny.

Yeah that is funny but in the same time it´s a bit disturbing to see how messed up the situation is.

yeah, lots of confusion with both these games now.

OFP-DR Chinese Police link

Seems CM have issed the PLA with Chinese police uniforms.

I think thats something they need to sort out, I mean the USMC vs Chinese police whats that about?

Saw that a while back, pretty laughable. All this "fidelity" they talk about. Can't believe a word of it.

Turns out their "awesome" full-time military advisers know jack smile_o.gif

At least it's not so stunning as the Blackhawk for the Marines (which they fixed, thank god...).

Just found out that maybe both are in-game. It seems some units have been shown with correct camo.

Well, some of BIS' stuff isn't exactly "on the money" either, so i'm personally not going to rip on one without ripping on the other! I think alot of these games either have "advisors" who are ignored, or "advisors" who claim military experience when they have none. Or are just "google advisors". wow_o.gif

My point was that CM are so proud of their fidelity, and spout it pretty often. BIS aren't so inclined to talk rhetoric. They don't claim to have every screw in the right place, apart from when talking about their beloved Mi-24.

Anyway, my earlier criticism is void now they have the right camo.

^ True, BIS isn't mouthing off about "full-time military experts" smile_o.gif

And if ArmA 2's Russians would dressed as policemen I'd be pissed off too wink_o.gif

some advisors do have military experience and STILL don't know jack.

Like stores-men who talk as if they are tried veterans but who have only used a weapon on the ranges. I may know nothing of the matters that they tackle but it would be nice to understand why there are errors.

CM have already had a problem like this before with the Blackhawk, they remodelled parts to make it a Seahawk. As was claimed by Clive Lindop after it was brought up on their forums.

It is nice to see the devs interact in such a way.