FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

I can't find that info on Clives profile on LinkedIn anymore, maybe he removed it after hearing from BIS.

That's why it was a good idea to quote :

like seven kilometers of incomprehensible misformatted text.

I can't find that info on Clives profile on LinkedIn anymore, maybe he removed it after hearing from BIS.

That's why it was a good idea to quote :

like seven kilometers of incomprehensible misformatted text.

It would have been better to save the HTML page and take a screenshot or 2. That's if anyone wanted to take legal action.

Although only business account holders on the site can see everything on the profile so maybe it's still there.

Codemasters should have his CV on file though.

Well it's up to BIS and Codemasters now. It may have been a mistake somewhere along the line so lets no get the pitchforks out just yet wink_o.gif

So now I think the dust has finally settled on this whole debacle, I would just like to say.

It looks awfully like BF2 hm?

even the weapon on the HUD and text looks like BF2.

Not impressed, we need much more info on mod tools.

Lets face it Arma 2 will have within a very short space of time a massive amount of player content in game, as most Arma addons can be used.

While were flying about in F14's/F15's and god knows what OPF2 players will be standing two feet in front on enemy AI being shot looking at the red flashing injury counter smile_o.gif

I won't be buying Opf2 unless something change massively for the better.

wow how can this Clive Lindop story happen?  confused_o.gif

maybe he also claim he worked on VBS1/VBS2? what else we miss?

This guy is really playing with the fire  sad_o.gif

edit: is this the guy?  007.jpgum_295239_5_041.jpg

edit2: hope mods let me post our hero.. else ill remove.

wow how can this Clive Lindop story happen?  confused_o.gif

maybe he also claim he worked on VBS1/VBS2? what else we miss?

This guy is really playing with the fire  sad_o.gif

edit: is this the guy?  http://www.4gamer.net/games/009/G000946/20080824008/TN/007.jpg[/img[imghttp://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/moses/usermoviethumbs/um_295239_5_041.jpg[/img

edit2: hope mods let me post our hero.. else ill remove.

looks like its him, his name is on the second screen, I do remember looking at that video.

I wish, no i pray that his lies will lead to a failure of Codemasters with this Product! pistols.gifpistols.gif

Internesting fact he was still at uni when he said he was working on the original Flashpoint game.

Thats some going, considering he wasn't even in the country where the game was made.

smile_o.gif

Wow, i am tired of this Clive stuff..

So he said something he was not supposed too.. Oops

Look at virtually everyone else that is involved to some degree in product promotion. Television is a great example.

This new product will make your life better.. thats probably a lie or a method product promotion.

I think what matters is that he IS now working on OFP2, probably doing a good job...and nothing more, I dont think we should continue to shame this guy when people talk crap about a product or their life for that matter all the time to promote themselves or their product.

I say we turn to the real debate, and discuss what we have seen from OFP2 the GAME, not its development team

I agree with you.

Don't know why but i believe OFP2 will look much better then it is now.

I don't know what it is but OFP2 atm doesn't catch my attention.. maybe the color, the way they move. Something doesn't feel natural.

Quote[/b] ]Wow, i am tired of this Clive stuff..

So he said something he was not supposed too.. Oops

Look at virtually everyone else that is involved to some degree in product promotion. Television is a great example.

This new product will make your life better.. thats probably a lie or a method product promotion.

I think what matters is that he IS now working on OFP2, probably doing a good job...and nothing more, I dont think we should continue to shame this guy when people talk crap about a product or their life for that matter all the time to promote themselves or their product.

I say we turn to the real debate, and discuss what we have seen from OFP2 the GAME, not its development team

I 100 percent agree. Tis is turning into a witchhunt that is unworthy for the BIS forums. I guess there are ways of solving this in a private way.

And Paul...regarding Pulverizer: I guess you´re seing things there. Sorry.

And Paul...regarding Pulverizer: I guess you´re seing things there. Sorry.

I disagree with you there. He doesn't usually seem to be like that, but in this case he was. Not that it was anything serious, and it's only a little post restriction. He'll live wink_o.gif

Anyway, yea this witch hunt is ridiculous. And posting photos of the guy on this forum is not a good idea.

BIS and Codemasters can sort it out between themselves.

*Edited the post a bit

Lets face it Arma 2 will have within a very short space of time a massive amount of player content in game, as most Arma addons can be used.

While were flying about in F14's/F15's and god knows what OPF2 players will be standing two feet in front on enemy AI being shot looking at the red flashing injury counter  smile_o.gif

i wouldnt be so sure if i were you on the addon thing confused_o.gif

While were flying about in F14's/F15's and god knows what OPF2 players will be standing two feet in front on enemy AI being shot looking at the red flashing injury counter  smile_o.gif

i wouldnt be so sure if i were you on the addon thing confused_o.gif

We have already been told that most arma content will be usable in arma2 without much work.

I guess the question is will it look good enough.

Southy

I'm disembarking the witchhunt train now and'll return to other things...  pistols.gif

IGI posted a preview including these lines:

Quote[/b] ]

IGN.com: For fans that absolutely loved the hardcore nature of the first game, then yes, I'm told there's a difficulty mode where one bullet can indeed ruin your life.

Regarding realism and OFPs true nature they speak for themself

I'm disembarking the witchhunt train now and'll return to other things...  pistols.gif

IGI posted a preview including these lines:

Quote[/b] ]

IGN.com: For fans that absolutely loved the hardcore nature of the first game, then yes, I'm told there's a difficulty mode where one bullet can indeed ruin your life.

Regarding realism and OFPs true nature they speak for themself

That makes it sound like the game is gonna be arcade but with some hardcore mode for "few fans who loved ofp"...

actually i think just the fans made of this something named witch hunt ...

first there was false and misleading statement from employee of firm A about game X done by firm B and it's development team

firm B released statement correcting that false statement using FACTs ...

reason for statement of firm B are clear as firm A claims may mislead customers of product X while firm B is working on product Y

the matter was taken in civil style where polite request to correct such statements was used ...

so i hope everyone stays calm and discuss other matters related to game and let these things being resolved by firms in question...

btw. anyone else noticed CodeMasters dropped the number 2 off game name (another strong point for 'mislead' as i wrote above)

so now it's Operation FlashPoint : Dragon Rising

btw. anyone else noticed CodeMasters dropped the number 2 off game name (another strong point for 'mislead' as i wrote above)

so now it's Operation FlashPoint : Dragon Rising

Yup, i wish they would drop the whole Operation FlashPoint part from the name and call it just Dragon Rising so every one would be much happier.

A witchunt? Yeah, that's what it is? I mean, guys - come on: That may be a misquote or indeed, it may be a lie - but what does it matter?

If it was a lie, shame on whoever initiated it and is responsible for it, but people lie everyday and... 20 pages? It's not like Clive being said to have worked on the original FP would cause the nex world war - is it?

THIS thread full of conspiracies, allegations and personal insults is what actually becomes pathetic.

Edit: Just read the last few pages and I appear to have been mistaken and it aren't 20 pages on that subject. My bad. Still, you should stop it. There is no good in pulling anyone's name into the drit here.

A witchunt? Yeah, that's what it is? I mean, guys - come on: That may be a misquote or indeed, it may be a lie - but what does it matter?

If it was a lie, shame on whoever initiated it and is responsible for it, but people lie everyday and... 20 pages? It's not like Clive being said to have worked on the original FP would cause the nex world war - is it?

THIS thread full of conspiracies, allegations and personal insults is what actually becomes pathetic.

Edit: Just read the last few pages and I appear to have been mistaken and it aren't 20 pages on that subject. My bad. Still, you should stop it. There is no good in pulling anyone's name into the drit here.

Lol, now if Codemasters starts to to use Bis logo in their game, everyone on this forum will be like 'calmdown' 'witchhunt' 'crazy sit'

and try to make it as if codemasters didn't do anything bad.

When Clive said he was part of original team for OFP1, it's like stealing others honor.

Imagine, you made nice artistic picture, and then someone else comes and explains that he drew it, gets a job.

Now some of you might just say it's ok, just for CodeM's sake, but in actual event, would you really just give that person your honor just like that? ofcourse not, because you were the one who drew it.

it's worse than insult. band.gif and it's not a small deal in the industry.

I disagree. Firstly, if I'm not mistaken, it wasn't Mr. Lindrop himself who claimed to have been memeber of the team. Thus, firstly, no one actually knows who to accuse - but from all it appears to be, people tend to charge it on Clive himself.

So would you think it's right to persecute someone, who may not even be responsible for the things said about him?

Second, your metapher with the artist and the drawing lacks parallelism. Hundred of peoples "drew" OFP. Claiming that someone was part of that huge team - and may he just have had such an insignificant task as beta-tester or whatnot, not even listed in the credits - is a by far different thing then claiming that this someone had drawn this picture on his own.

And ye making up theories about that having given him his job at CM and contriving other fancy scenarios in which Mr. Lindrop suits the role of the devil, that's just worse.

It begins with a PR-guy saying that Mr. Lidrop was involved in the making of OFP and it ends in a lynchmob knocking at Clive's door, That's not correct.

I disagree. Firstly, if I'm not mistaken, it wasn't Mr. Lindrop himself who claimed to have been memeber of the team.

For the 100th time: Mr. Lindrop claimed to was part of the staff with OFP when writing his Curriculum Vitae, as Ohara has posted herein. That's it, nothing more to say about it.

I disagree. Firstly, if I'm not mistaken, it wasn't Mr. Lindrop himself who claimed to have been memeber of the team. Thus, firstly, no one actually knows who to accuse - but from all it appears to be, people tend to charge it on Clive himself.

So would you think it's right to persecute someone, who may not even be responsible for the things said about him?

Second, your metapher with the artist and the drawing lacks parallelism. Hundred of peoples "drew" OFP. Claiming that someone was part of that huge team - and may he just have had such an insignificant task as beta-tester or whatnot, not even listed in the credits - is a by far different thing then claiming that this someone had drawn this picture on his own.

if it wans't him be claiming that, we wouldn't be discusting this.

if you look at the past pages, where:

-in one preview, he calls himself art director for OFP1

-in many videos of OFP2, he says 'we did in the original..."

-in his CodeM account he stated as "ofp1 Ai/art director"

-in LinkedIn, he states OFP1 as independed project

-IT READS IN HIS CV

and the team wasn't that huge.. it's easy..nobody from bis recognize him.

if that doesn't look like him saying it, I might just.... goodnight.gif