Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Possible gamespy issue

Both Romeo 2.5's private and public servers no longer appear when filtering for Romeo, but do appear via remote IP. A fellow squad has reported the same issue with their own server, and now I find players can't find my own hosted games. It could all be coincidental, but I just thought i'd put this out there in case others are having the same problem.

Cheers,

Dan

Same thing for my 2 servers, I changed

reportingIP="arma2.master.gamespy.com";

to

reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

and both are showing now.

I had restarted both servers before, several times, and still not showing. Once I made the change above, both servers showed immediately after restart.

Coincidence? I have no idea. They had worked with the previous setting for the last 2 months...

Anyways, maybe give that a shot.

Thanks guys, much appreciated! Will give it a shot now.

Works perfectly. :)

Edited by Daniel

we just restarted the server then it showed up... hmmn the "PC" part.

HMMMMMMMM,My server is experiancing the same problem. I tried adding the "pc" to the reporting line. No change at all, still don't see my server. Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot for the hint, I had the same problem our servers not showing up, I tried changing that line by adding "pc" and it worked for me!

I have removed the reportingIP

If your server still doesn't appear in the list then remove or comment that line in server.cfg

from reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com";

to //reportingIP="armedass.master.gamespy.com";

All our servers are showing up.

Perfect I'll have to give this a shot when I get home our server stopped showing up as well. I wonder if the old reporting server died lol.

Just remove reportingIP entirely, not sure why everyone has added that to their configs.

thanks for starting the post Daniel myself I was chalking it up to the fires in cali @Mosh thanks for the fix 10th SFG will try the fix as well and see if stability improves (in regards to the server showing up)

Cheer's ChefD

www.JSOC-Gamer.org

I also experience this. My dedicated server was working for a few days ago, and suddenly now it will not show up in the in-game browser list. If I filter for my server name, I will get a blank line with a red cross. Seen my server name once in the list after a restart, but it went away again after the next restart. Tried with and without the reportingip="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com", same result. Is this a gamespy issue or have something changed in the way the config file should be setup?

My server still show up in http://arma2.swec.se/server/list and I get a few people connecting, but not many.

Update:

Did some extra checking and found that my arma2 server did not listen on port 2303 for gamespy reporting (port +1).

output from: netstat -a

UDP 0.0.0.0:2302 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:2304 *:*

UDP 0.0.0.0:2305 *:*

Which I think is wrong. It should be listenening on 2303 and not 2304. As I have understand, Gamespy use port 2303 (or port +1).

Has tried this on two different servers (win server 2008 and vista). Both showed same result.

Does anyone know what causing this?

Update:

This problem was caused by my firewall. It prevented me to browse my own hosted server. Tried from an outside network and it showed perfectly. So it has been working all the time. My cisco router just tricked me :)

Still why everyone says you have to forward port 2303 to the server is a mystery to me. Server do not listen on this port! It only listen to 2302, 2304, 2305 (if you use default port 2302). Use netstat -a to show ports in use.

Edited by bernt