Sign in to follow this  
{SAS}Silentkiller

What's this server running??

I was playing on this server: http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/115971 lastnight & it was playing aas50m v0.4 with several different maps. I liked this type of AAS but couldn't find anything about it!!

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the direction of where to find the server files for this game type

the thread topic question is answered by the original poster in the first sentence!

lol

What is my remark?

I like whores

please discuss...

back on topic, I suffered through a round playing that mission, and I discovered I didnt know how to change my loadout. Is there a lack of ammo crates? I couldnt find one.

I also didnt like the limited HUD, no friendly name tags, no crosshair, no 3rd Person view, and no minimap.

I can play without these aids, but this 'Hardcore' mode isnt going to be popular with players new to the game.

Which doens´t mean that there isn´t an official AAS-Website! You can get the complete AAS-Pack including commented Templates for building your own missions and more information here from the maker-> http://www.sbs.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Arma2_Advance_and_Secure

Besides that the s,m,l,t in the name stand for "Small, Medium, Large, Template" map-types. Ammo-Crates are located on both X-Bases and in every perimeter next to the flag in all maps of the current release. In older releases than Beta08/V0.4 ammo-crates could be destroyed and of course its at least up to the mission designer/host if and where he´s placing ammo-crates and if they are destroyable or not.

Settings liks NoTags, No3rdPerson, NoCrosshair are of course up to the host, nothing really AAS-related. But there will be a more "hardcore" preset available in the next releases. The Preset ist already there, but has no function at the moment.

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

Ziggy you mean Devastation no?

At least you confuse AAS here with something different.

Toaster's got it, I actually posted in their forum :) Devastation has too many options & boxes for my liking, original AAS is what I like, simple load outs at spawn point & away you go.

@Ziggy: I think you mean Devastation there, AAS has mini map (bottom right), 3rd person view, but it doesn't have cross hairs (don't mind that)

Edited by {SAS}Silentkiller

AAS is great and needs to grow in the ARMA 2 community in my opinion. Keep plugging this gameplay because if you know how to play it the game helps dictate confrontations. Kudos to the folks who spent time to make this what it is (Joint Ops AAS for ARMA baby!!!).....

Hi Tom,

i still remember the great maps you made for JO years ago. Nice to see you back here promoting AAS for Arma, it´s real fun now in its currenst state with a working medic and spawn protection and stuff like that. Are there any AAS-Missions for Arma2 from you Tom?

Regards

Toaster

SBS AAS would grow a lot faster if the daft spawn at current objective (aka legitimised spawn raping) was changed. Also needs the spawn queue replaced with spawn waves and slot-based loadouts by faction rather than free-for-all ammo boxes so you don't have all 50 people sniping with a SMAW on their back.