vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Renault Traffic/Opel Vivaro, Fiat Ducato/Peugeot Boxer, Ford Transit 2000, VW Transporter, are in cars addon for PL pack (second part of Polish addon) since previouse releaase from mid August , now it is only RPT clean + some small fixes like reflector direction fix etc.

BVP M80A is in P85, and of course MLODs will go to you IceBreakr + some other people making Balkan related addons

http://imageshack.us/a/img14/1639/nowy1vl.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/2664/nowy2sp.jpg

Awesome M80A! Didn't BIS include a BVP for Takis in the recent ACR mod?

It is truly amazing how fast you make these cars! Guys in my team are shocked at the rate you produce them, and the quality is superb.

Yes it did but from what Ive seen its just a bmp1 with At3, and its not really working right. Cant hit shit with that At3s...maybe just me...

On behalf of Arma2 Serbia Mod MP club and all the Balkan folks which have this decease called Armaholia (:)) I wish to express my gratitude to you Vilas, and also IceBreakr for his amazing map work. Thanks for making M80 for us Vilas!

And I cant agree more with this

In fact this goes to my sig ;)

Edited by _MaSSive

i should update them, but i would leave YAC textures due to respect , cause textures are YAC's and i like them very much although they are Arma1 from 2007 , but vest, armor elements, shoulder elements etc. probably need to be remodelled

i tried to bring back most famous AVP serie weapons from different games and different platforms plus movie

Ignore the AvP movies. They sucked and shouldn't be considered cannon. Besides, they were set in the modern-day, so there's nothing really USCM-based in there.

BTW, did you get my PM?

@Vilas - Not sure if you've ever seen the Colonial Marine Corps Technical Manual, it is awesome and filled with lots of wonderful artwork of weapons that were mentioned but never seen in Aliens: Special Edition.....

thanx markb50k , it probably touches multiplayer which i have no expirience, cause in singleplay in editor in XP i had no ctd, nor people who tested, but of course i fixed asap:

here are new configs:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vil_pl_fix_131012.rar < cpl_cfg and npl_cfg 134 kb

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/p85_fix_131012.rar < p85_config, p85_cars_cfg 65 kb

of course i am uploading whole archives too to keep them up to date + asking Foxhound to overwrite mirrors when uploaded full archives

strange, cause i never had ctd due to rpt (by the way, strange is engine of Arma, isn't it ? i use "glass1, glass2, glass3" and it reports to rtp lack of "glassR, glassL" etc. which are present on BIS vehicles, while i marked glass hit point other way)

so where it happened ? multiplayer ? single ? XP, Vista, 7 ?

singleplayer, vista. the only thing i can think is that it might be an issue when you spawn them dynamically. because i dont get the issue when you place them in the editor. thanks for the updates!

what is spawning dynamically in singleplayer in Arma ? i know about respawn in MP but spawn in SP ?

Vilas - Any chance you could post a complete class list for the new releases when you have time? Would be helpful to mission makers wanting to use your weapons; the old wiki on your site is missing a few I think

for all AvP loving people: except P85 update soon, except PL pack update soon, except West weapons pack update there will be...

Sometimes scale model makers use outer bevels instead of inner bevels because they are easier to make and to paint (I think). I think the detail you have on the side of the wheel hubs is actualy a panel gap in the movie, not a ridge.

ooo so this bevel should be inner ? not a problem as it is NOHQ layer, i can make it inner in one second by inverting layer :)

if you say so , okay, no problem

another question is : how to interpret weapons from AvP , cause "sci fi" or "games" in general have sometimes "exaggerated" and colorful weapons

i made Railgun less colorfull than AvP2 look, also i have no idea how to treat SADAR cause there is different model in each AvP

so i made "something like"

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vil_apc_a2.7z

there is a beta, it contains:

- new APC model, new interior, new ext., new behaviour of weapons (plasma gun instead of grenadelauncher) etc. ,

- better more smooth M41A, i decided to give it colimator, there are other weapons like Smartgun, Railgun, SMG (console AvP afaik), 2 types of M42 Sniper rifles (book and AvP3) , VP70 remodelled and retextured, Sig P226 in role of AvP pistol etc. , singlebarrel shotgun,

there is no flamethrower yet,

so please take a look and make suggestions what is your opinion on them, it is beta, so I can change many things still , this addon was untouched since 2009 :] and it was almost adopted from Arma1 addon, so finally it get some touch

Your addons are simply awesome Vilas, so many awesome units adds so many different mission scenarios... Thanks :)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/vil_apc_a2.7z

there is a beta, it contains:

- new APC model, new interior, new ext., new behaviour of weapons (plasma gun instead of grenadelauncher) etc. ,

- better more smooth M41A, i decided to give it colimator, there are other weapons like Smartgun, Railgun, SMG (console AvP afaik), 2 types of M42 Sniper rifles (book and AvP3) , VP70 remodelled and retextured, Sig P226 in role of AvP pistol etc. , singlebarrel shotgun,

there is no flamethrower yet,

so please take a look and make suggestions what is your opinion on them, it is beta, so I can change many things still , this addon was untouched since 2009 :] and it was almost adopted from Arma1 addon, so finally it get some touch

AWESOME

Suggest;

- M577

Odd shadow near co-driver

Can't fire past rear wheels. Standing behind shooting past wheels impacts vehicle (Fire GEO too big?)

- Pulse rifle shouldn't be ejecting empty shell casings ;)

- Same for M56 Smartgun

- Shotgun flash seems left of where it should be

- Railgun really deserves a new sound ! Same for sniper rifle

- M41A Explosive Bullet does little damage it seems, and no radius to damage (or drops a lot with distance from shooter)

- M42C ? Whats it good for. Just a scope?

- No one has grenades?

Flame thrower. Might be able to get I44 mod team to donate some code ;)

M42C is from AvP3 PC game, so i made it because it was there, it is sniper rifle from game,

Flamethrower will be made, i have codes already but need to apply them etc.

regarding sounds, anyone has AvP on disc to record sounds ?

Thank you vilas! Can you or Foxhound check following downloadlinks on armaholic - I get an "Erreur": Project85 UK and US Army; Project85 Soviet Army; Project85 German Army? Will try out the sci-fi addons soon... :)

M42C is from AvP3 PC game, so i made it because it was there, it is sniper rifle from game,

Flamethrower will be made, i have codes already but need to apply them etc.

regarding sounds, anyone has AvP on disc to record sounds ?

No AvP movie has had the USCM in it, so no sounds from those. I do, however, have lots of AvP2 sounds you could use, many taken from mod packs that used audio from the ALIENS movie.

Thank you vilas! Can you or Foxhound check following downloadlinks on armaholic - I get an "Erreur": Project85 UK and US Army; Project85 Soviet Army; Project85 German Army? Will try out the sci-fi addons soon... :)

i clicked links on my first post (Armaholic links) and it works for me, they redirect to Armaholic database

The error was my fault, on the server side, the sync script wasn't doing the job correctly. That's was fixed this night :yay:

Vilas Hello again, is there any way to change the sound of the engine and tracked chains of Soviet T-55 and t-55 merida, and replace with JSRS t-55 sounds?

Thank you very much. :war:

T-55 amazing sounds on minute 3:13 Note:is an older version of the mod jsrs, actual version has better t-55 sounds

Edited by LDU30

Vilas Hello again, is there any way to change the sound of the engine and tracked chains of Soviet T-55 and t-55 merida, and replace with JSRS t-55 sounds?

You'll have to create a separate mod that tells Vilas' vehicle to use the JSRS sounds.

The other option would be for Vilas to release an update that has his T-55 models inherit from the BIS T-55, and not redefine the sounds.

not a problem , if anyone wants to do such configs, configs are in CPP, not binarised, go ahead and edit configs , if anyone can rework T55 cfg for his needs, go ahead